Thunder Weekly, December 6
WICHITA, Kan. - Wichita finished a two-game road swing this past week. Get caught up on the team with this edition of Thunder Weekly.
LAST WEEK'S GAMES -
Wednesday, December 1
Wichita at Iowa, 3-2 W (SO)
Sunday, December 5
Wichita at Tulsa, 5-2 L
THIS WEEK'S GAMES - (All times are Central)
Thursday, December 9
Allen at Wichita, 7:05 p.m. Throwback Thursday.
Friday, December 10
Allen at Wichita, 7:05 p.m. Meet Santa, Ugly Christmas Sweater Jersey.
Sunday, December 12
Wichita at Allen, 4:05 p.m.
**All games can be heard on Mixlr by searching The Sin Bin or on your smart phone with The Sin Bin App**
**Join Matthew Harding and Matthew Will before every game for the Sin Bin Wichita Thunder Pregame Show. The show starts at 6:30 p.m. for home games and 6:40 p.m. for road games. For Sunday home games, the show starts at 3:30 p.m. and 25 minutes before puck drop on the road. You can listen on the Sin Bin app.**
Last 10: 8-1-1-0
Rank: T-2nd, Mountain Division, 21 points
Goals: Peter Crinella, 9
Assists: Jay Dickman, 13
Points: Jay Dickman, 19
+/-: Carter Johnson, Jay Dickman +8
PIM: Sean Allen, 56
FRANCHISE MARK - Evan Buitenhuis set a franchise record this past week for consecutive starts made by a Thunder goaltender. He has started all 17 games so far this season. Buitenhuis is second in the league in wins (9), first in minutes (951), first in saves (492) and fifth in save percentage (.927).
POINT STREAK - Jay Dickman added three more points this past week, giving him 19 points (6g, 13a) in 17 games. The third-year forward has a point in his last 10 contests, recording five goals and nine assists over that span.
KEVIN! - Peter Crinella continues to have a solid start to the season. The third-year forward leads the team with nine goals and has 15 points in 17 games this year. He had his three-game goal scoring streak snapped on Sunday.
BALANCE - Six different players have at least 10 points through 17 games. Three players have at least 10 helpers led by Jay Dickman who has 13. Brayden Watts and Cam Clarke each have 10 assists.
HOLIDAY PARTY - Wichita had one of its lightest weeks of the season when it comes to the schedule. The Thunder played on Wednesday in Iowa and then was off until Sunday with an afternoon tilt at Tulsa. Wichita's schedule will get busier over the next week. The Thunder play Allen three times in the span of four days with two of those meetings at INTRUST Bank Arena. After Sunday's contest in Texas, Wichita will travel to Utah to face the Grizzlies four times in a five-day stretch. Overall, the Thunder play seven games in 11 days before the Christmas break.
THUNDERBOLTS... Matteo Gennaro is third in power play points (9)...Sean Allen is third in penalty minutes (56) and tied for second in major penalties (4)...Cam Clarke is tied for fourth among defenseman with 11 assists...Wichita is sixth in penalty minutes per game (15.53)...Wichita is 6-1-0-0 when scoring first...Wichita is fourth in the league on the penalty kill (86.8%)...Wichita is fifth in the league in goals against per game (2.59)...
Single game tickets are on sale now. Tickets can be purchased at the Wichita Thunder office located at 505 W. Maple, Suite 100, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. On weekday game days, the Thunder office closes at 4 p.m. Click here to purchase online!
ï»¿Fans can also purchase tickets at the Select-A-Seat Box Office at INTRUST Bank Arena Monday through Friday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and starting at noon on weekend game days.
Season tickets for the 2021-22 season are still available. Join Thunder Nation today and lock in your seat(s) for all 36 home games at INTRUST Bank Arena.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 6, 2021
- Bear Bites - Solar Bears Newsletter Presented by VyStar Credit Union - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mavs Fall 5-0 to Idaho on Elf Night - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Transactions - December 6 - ECHL
- Mavs Top Steelheads 3-2 in Shootout - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Mavs Drop Second Straight at Home to Rapid City - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mavs Fall 4-3 in OT to Rapid City - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mavs Fall 4-1 to Iowa Wednesday Night - Kansas City Mavericks
- Stingrays Weekly Report: December 6, 2021 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mavs Drop Two of Three in Utah - Kansas City Mavericks
- Komets Split Weekend - Fort Wayne Komets
- ECHL, Bellevue University Announce Scholarships, Professional Development Programs Through Exclusive Partnership - ECHL
- Steelheads Weekly - December 6, 2021 - Idaho Steelheads
- Bradley and Tardif Reassigned to Utah - Utah Grizzlies
- Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Everblades Head to Norfolk for Three Games this Week - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Weekly, December 6 - Wichita Thunder
- Toledo Walleye Weekly No. 7: December 6, 2021 - Toledo Walleye
- Weekly Roundup: Glads Return Home for Three Games - Atlanta Gladiators
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 7 - Indy Fuel
- Lions Complete Sweep in Florida - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- K-Wings Weekly - Week 8: K-Wings, Fort Wayne Fight for Top of Table - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Drop 4-2 Decision to Walleye - Cincinnati Cyclones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wichita Thunder Stories
- Thunder Unveils 2022-23 Regular Season Schedule
- Crinella Called up to Springfield; Rodrgiue Reassigned to Bakersfield
- NHL Exhibition Game Coming to INTRUST Bank Arena
- Thunder Announces 2021-22 End of Season Team Awards
- Thunder Ends Season with 4-1 Loss vs. Kansas City