Mavs Drop Two of Three in Utah
SALT LAKE CITY, UT - The Mavericks headed west to battle the foes at the top of the Mountain Division, the Utah Grizzlies for the first time this season in a three game weekend set.
The Mavericks stole game one of the series by a final of 5-2, scoring four times in the third period. Goaltender Daniil Chechelev stopped 29 of 31 in his first professional career start. View the full box score here.
In game two on Saturday, the Mavericks quickly got behind 3-0 in the opening period. However, Lane Scheidl scored in the ssecond and Darik Angeli scored early in the thrid to cut the deficit down to just one. Utah would add an empty net to put the icing on the cake making it 4-2 Grizzlies as the final score. View the full box score here.
In game three on Sunday, the Mavericks would strike first in the first period, but the Grizzlies would answer right back with three straight unanswered to take a 3-1 lead to the third period. Just like in game two, the Mavericks would cut the Utah lead to just one goal late, this time on a lamp lighter by Loren Ulett. But, Sunday had the same ending as Saturday as well, with Utah finding the empty net and skating away with a 4-2 win.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 6, 2021
- Bear Bites - Solar Bears Newsletter Presented by VyStar Credit Union - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mavs Fall 5-0 to Idaho on Elf Night - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Transactions - December 6 - ECHL
- Mavs Top Steelheads 3-2 in Shootout - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Mavs Drop Second Straight at Home to Rapid City - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mavs Fall 4-3 in OT to Rapid City - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mavs Fall 4-1 to Iowa Wednesday Night - Kansas City Mavericks
- Stingrays Weekly Report: December 6, 2021 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mavs Drop Two of Three in Utah - Kansas City Mavericks
- Komets Split Weekend - Fort Wayne Komets
- ECHL, Bellevue University Announce Scholarships, Professional Development Programs Through Exclusive Partnership - ECHL
- Steelheads Weekly - December 6, 2021 - Idaho Steelheads
- Bradley and Tardif Reassigned to Utah - Utah Grizzlies
- Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Everblades Head to Norfolk for Three Games this Week - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Weekly, December 6 - Wichita Thunder
- Toledo Walleye Weekly No. 7: December 6, 2021 - Toledo Walleye
- Weekly Roundup: Glads Return Home for Three Games - Atlanta Gladiators
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 7 - Indy Fuel
- Lions Complete Sweep in Florida - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- K-Wings Weekly - Week 8: K-Wings, Fort Wayne Fight for Top of Table - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Drop 4-2 Decision to Walleye - Cincinnati Cyclones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.