Mavs Fall 4-3 in OT to Rapid City
INDEPENDENCE, MO - The Kansas City Mavericks returned home on Friday night for a Black Friday matchup with the Rapid City Rush. Friday, marked the first meeting of the two teams this season.
The first period went in favor of the Rush, as Rapid City found the back of the net on the power play 2:07 into the opening frame. The Mavericks would trail by one goal heading to the second period.
The second period went in favor of the home Mavericks, as captain Lane Scheidl and defenseman Greg Moro gave Kansas City a 2-1 lead going into the thrid.
Just 2:38 into the third period, John Schiavo scored his first goal of the season for Kansas City giving the Mavericks their largest lead of the night at 3-1. Rapid City would respond with two goals of its own, one at 4:36 and the tying goal at 13:03. The two Rush goals sent the game to overtime.
In overtime the Mavericks put on some early pressure but failed to find the back of the net. The Mavericks then found themselves in the peanlty box and the Rush took advantage, scoring on the power play and winnning the game 4-3 in overtime. The Mavericks would pick up a point in the loss.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 6, 2021
- Bear Bites - Solar Bears Newsletter Presented by VyStar Credit Union - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mavs Fall 5-0 to Idaho on Elf Night - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Transactions - December 6 - ECHL
- Mavs Top Steelheads 3-2 in Shootout - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Mavs Drop Second Straight at Home to Rapid City - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mavs Fall 4-3 in OT to Rapid City - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mavs Fall 4-1 to Iowa Wednesday Night - Kansas City Mavericks
- Stingrays Weekly Report: December 6, 2021 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mavs Drop Two of Three in Utah - Kansas City Mavericks
- Komets Split Weekend - Fort Wayne Komets
- ECHL, Bellevue University Announce Scholarships, Professional Development Programs Through Exclusive Partnership - ECHL
- Steelheads Weekly - December 6, 2021 - Idaho Steelheads
- Bradley and Tardif Reassigned to Utah - Utah Grizzlies
- Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Everblades Head to Norfolk for Three Games this Week - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Weekly, December 6 - Wichita Thunder
- Toledo Walleye Weekly No. 7: December 6, 2021 - Toledo Walleye
- Weekly Roundup: Glads Return Home for Three Games - Atlanta Gladiators
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 7 - Indy Fuel
- Lions Complete Sweep in Florida - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- K-Wings Weekly - Week 8: K-Wings, Fort Wayne Fight for Top of Table - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Drop 4-2 Decision to Walleye - Cincinnati Cyclones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.