Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 7
INDY FUEL WEEK 7 RESULTS: 2-0-1-0, 6-9-2-1 Overall
Wednesday, December 1 - Fuel 4 vs Fort Wayne 1:
In the second half of back-to-back matchups, the Fuel hosted the Fort Wayne Komets on Wednesday night. Holding on to a two-goal lead for the majority of the game, the Fuel would eventually take the 4-1 win over their in-state rivals.
Saturday, December 4 - Fuel 4 at Cincinnati 0:
Playing their first of back-to-back road games, Indy visited the Cincinnati Cyclones. In the fourth matchup of the season between the two teams, the Indy Fuel claimed victory over the Cincinnati Cyclones in a 4-0 shutout.
Sunday, December 5 - Fuel 2 at Wheeling 3 OT:
In the third and final game of the week, the Indy Fuel visited the Wheeling Nailers on Sunday afternoon. Scoring a late tying goal would not be enough as Indy would fall 3-2 in overtime to their division rival.
INDY FUEL WEEK 8 SCHEDULE:
Friday, December 10 - Fuel at Cincinnati (7:35 p.m. ET, Heritage Bank Center)
Sunday, December 12 - Fuel at Kalamazoo (3:00 p.m. ET, Wings Event Center)
CALL-UPS A PLENTY
In the past week, the Fuel have seen three of their top players called up to their AHL affiliate Rockford IceHogs. Losing their top-scoring forward Chad Yetman as well as one of their top defensemen Cliff Watson left the Fuel with 19 players on the active roster. Combine that with a call-up for goaltender Cale Morris, Indy's numbers are low heading into Week 8.
Earning back-to-back wins on Wednesday and Saturday, the Fuel picked up their first consecutive wins since November 19. With an overtime loss to the Wheeling Nailers on Sunday, the Fuel will enter Friday night on a three-game point streak.
With a shutout on Saturday, Mitch Gillam is tied for the league lead in shutouts (2)
Mike Lee is first among ECHL defensemen in assists (13)
Lee is second among ECHL defensemen in points (3g, 13a)
Keegan Iverson picked up his first point in a Fuel uniform on Sunday
Cedric Lacroix has four goals in his last two games
Jared Thomas is on a seven-game point streak (3g, 6a)
Jacob Leguerrier earned his first points since November 19
Leguerrier is now on a two-game point streak
Liam Folkes has points in his last two games (1g, 1a)
Brent Gates has five assists in his last four games
Riley McKay is second in the ECHL in penalty minutes (66)
The Fuel have points in three straight games for the first time this season
Indy is 6th in the ECHL in average penalty minutes (16.50 per game)
Through their first 15 games, the Fuel are 4-4-0-0 at home and 2-5-2-1 on the road
Indy is 5-4-2-1 when scoring the first goal of the game
The Fuel have outscored their opponents 23-22 in the third period
Indy has outshot their opponents 382-340 in the second and third periods this season
Through 15 games, the Fuel are averaging 2.94 goals per game
The Fuel are averaging 3.33 goals against per game
The Fuel are 5-0-0-0 when leading after the second period but are 1-5-0-0 when trailing after the first
Various ticket options are now on sale for the Fuel's 8th season at Indiana Farmers Coliseum! Lock up your seat for every second of the action at Indiana Farmers Coliseum with a Fuel Ticket Plan - grab yours by heading to IndyFuelHockey.com or by calling the Fuel front office at 317-925-FUEL.
Catch every home game this season with a free online radio stream at IndyFuelHockey.com! Click the "Watch/Listen Live" button to hear Andrew Smith and Nick Olczyk bring you all of the action from Indiana Farmers Coliseum. Fans can also watch all 72 games at home and on the road live through FloSports!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 6, 2021
- Bear Bites - Solar Bears Newsletter Presented by VyStar Credit Union - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mavs Fall 5-0 to Idaho on Elf Night - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Transactions - December 6 - ECHL
- Mavs Top Steelheads 3-2 in Shootout - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Announces Fines, Suspensions - ECHL
- Mavs Drop Second Straight at Home to Rapid City - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mavs Fall 4-3 in OT to Rapid City - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mavs Fall 4-1 to Iowa Wednesday Night - Kansas City Mavericks
- Stingrays Weekly Report: December 6, 2021 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mavs Drop Two of Three in Utah - Kansas City Mavericks
- Komets Split Weekend - Fort Wayne Komets
- ECHL, Bellevue University Announce Scholarships, Professional Development Programs Through Exclusive Partnership - ECHL
- Steelheads Weekly - December 6, 2021 - Idaho Steelheads
- Bradley and Tardif Reassigned to Utah - Utah Grizzlies
- Americans Weekly - Allen Americans
- Everblades Head to Norfolk for Three Games this Week - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Weekly, December 6 - Wichita Thunder
- Toledo Walleye Weekly No. 7: December 6, 2021 - Toledo Walleye
- Weekly Roundup: Glads Return Home for Three Games - Atlanta Gladiators
- Indy Fuel Pit Stop: Week 7 - Indy Fuel
- Lions Complete Sweep in Florida - Trois-Rivieres Lions
- K-Wings Weekly - Week 8: K-Wings, Fort Wayne Fight for Top of Table - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Drop 4-2 Decision to Walleye - Cincinnati Cyclones
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.