Sounds Roll to Fourth Consecutive Win
OKLAHOMA CITY - Jose Trevino knocked in four runs and Zack Granite scored four runs to help the Nashville Sounds to a runaway 13-6 win over the Oklahoma City Dodgers Wednesday night at Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark.
One night after collecting a season-high 15 hits, Nashville scored a season-high 13 runs and matched the hit output with another 15. They scored two or more runs in four separate innings, including four in the fourth and four in the eighth.
It was all Nashville from the start as Matt Davidson and Andy Ibanez delivered two-out, run-scoring hits in the top of the first inning to give the Sounds a 2-0 lead. Hunter Cole's two-out triple in the top of the second sparked another rally. Cole later scored on Granite's RBI single, and Granite trotted home on a wild pitch by Oklahoma City starter Brock Stewart.
The Dodgers got a run back in the bottom of the second before the Sounds delivered an early knockout punch in the fourth. Granite and Trevino collected hits in the frame, and Carlos Tocci, Davidson and Ibanez all drew walks. When all was said and done in the inning, Nashville had four more runs on the board and an 8-1 lead.
Sounds' starter Seth Maness went five innings in his second start of the season. He earned the win after allowing four runs (three earned) on seven hits and one walk. Zac Curtis worked two innings and Miguel Del Pozo went the final two frames.
Oklahoma City cut the deficit to 9-5 going into the eighth inning but Nashville plated another four runs. Willie Calhoun extended his hitting streak to 11 games with a run-scoring single and Trevino knocked in another two runs with a double to right-center.
Trevino went 2-for-5 with a season-high 4 RBI and Granite went 4-for-5 with 4 runs scored. Ibanez put together a huge line with 3 hits, 3 RBI, 2 runs scored and 2 walks.
Game three of the four-game series is scheduled for Thursday morning in Oklahoma City. Left-hander Wes Benjamin (1-4, 10.80) starts for the Sounds against left-hander Rob Zastryzny (0-2, 5.55) for the Dodgers. First pitch is scheduled for 11:05 a.m.
With tonight's 13-6 win, the Sounds are now 12-21 on the season.
The win extended Nashville's winning streak to a season-best four games.
Zack Granite scored a career-high 4 runs and matched a career-high with 4 hits.
Andy Ibanez recorded a season-high 3 RBI and matched a season-high with 3 hits.
The 13 runs scored by Nashville are a season-high and the 15 hits equaled the season-high set Tuesday night in the series opener.
The 2019 season is the 42nd in Nashville Sounds franchise history and first as the Triple-A affiliate of the Texas Rangers. Single-game tickets are available now by calling (615) 690-4487 or by visiting www.nashvillesounds.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 8, 2019
- Sounds Ring Dodgers, 13-6 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sounds Roll to Fourth Consecutive Win - Nashville Sounds
- Missions Fall to Baby Cakes to Even Series - San Antonio Missions
- 'Cakes Beat Missions 5-2 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Fresno Grizzlies Homestand Preview: May 11-20 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (11-21) at Oklahoma City Dodgers (10-21) - Nashville Sounds
- Battery Power: Copeland shines on the hill, catcher Gushue homers in 4-1 Grizz win at Sacramento - Fresno Grizzlies
- Gerber homers in return to River Cats - Sacramento River Cats
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes at Tacoma - Reno Aces
- Redbirds Pick up 2-1 Win as Knizner, Ravelo Homer - Memphis Redbirds
- I-Cubs Streak Ends at Eight - Iowa Cubs
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 8, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express OF Yordan Alvarez Earns Astros Player of the Month Honors - Round Rock Express
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (17-15) vs Iowa Cubs (22-10) - Memphis Redbirds
- Delivering in the Clutch Again - San Antonio Missions
- Reyes de Plata Rally for 3-1 Victory over Salt Lake - Las Vegas Aviators
- Veteran Pitcher Edwin Jackson Enjoying Las Vegas Homecoming - Las Vegas Aviators
- Rainiers Hang Around But Drop Opener to Aces - Tacoma Rainiers
- Fresno continues winning ways over Sacramento with 7-3 triumph on Tuesday - Fresno Grizzlies
- Aviators Score Late to Upend Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats' home run barrage continues in loss to Grizzlies - Sacramento River Cats
- Cron Homers, Donatella Sharp in Aces Victory over Tacoma - Reno Aces
- Chihuahuas Use Early Power to Top Isotopes - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Sounds Hang On For 4-2 Win Tuesday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- I-Cubs Extend Winning Streak to Eight - Iowa Cubs
- Isotopes Drop Series Opener in El Paso - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Hager Wins It Again for San Antonio - San Antonio Missions
- 'Cakes Lose in Extras - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Redbirds Short in 6-5 Loss to Iowa - Memphis Redbirds
- Dillard Earns 40th Win in Nashville's Victory - Nashville Sounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville Sounds Stories
- Nashville Sounds Announce Virtual 5K Run Presented by First Horizon
- Nashville Sounds to Open First Horizon Park for Private Batting Practice Groups
- Nashville Sounds Issue Statement on 2020 Alternate Season at First Horizon Park
- 2020 Nashville Sounds and Minor League Baseball Season Cancelled
- Nashville Sounds Join Minor League Baseball's CommUNITY First Campaign