Isotopes Drop Series Opener in El Paso
Chihuahuas 6 (23-9), Isotopes 3 (17-16) - Southwest University Park, El Paso, Texas
TOEING THE RUBBER: Starting pitcher Chi Chi Gonzalez surrendered six runs and nine hits in 6.0 innings on the hill. Five of those runs came in the opening frame with the other crossing the plate in the sixth. The start was the 100th of Gonzalez's seven-year professional career ... Jesus Tinoco retired all six batters he faced in his 2.0 innings of relief.
AT THE DISH: Pat Valaika was responsible for three of the Isotopes eight hits on Tuesday. Valaika drove in Albuquerque's first run with an RBI single in the fourth ... Yonathan Daza went 2-for-5 with two RBI. Daza's RBI double with two outs in the ninth was the only extra-base hit for Albuquerque in the contest. The outfielder has hit safely in 19 of 22 games in 2019 and owns a .398 batting average.
TOPES TIDBITS: The Isotopes have a 3-6 record in series openers ... Albuquerque has now lost three straight games for the first time this season.
ON DECK: Albuquerque Isotopes at El Paso Chihuahuas, 7:05 p.m. MT - Southwest University Park
PROBABLES: Isotopes: RHP Peter Lambert (1-2, 6.59) Chihuahuas: RHP Fernando Rodriguez (1-0, 5.87)
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 8, 2019
- Sounds Ring Dodgers, 13-6 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sounds Roll to Fourth Consecutive Win - Nashville Sounds
- Missions Fall to Baby Cakes to Even Series - San Antonio Missions
- 'Cakes Beat Missions 5-2 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Fresno Grizzlies Homestand Preview: May 11-20 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (11-21) at Oklahoma City Dodgers (10-21) - Nashville Sounds
- Battery Power: Copeland shines on the hill, catcher Gushue homers in 4-1 Grizz win at Sacramento - Fresno Grizzlies
- Gerber homers in return to River Cats - Sacramento River Cats
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes at Tacoma - Reno Aces
- Redbirds Pick up 2-1 Win as Knizner, Ravelo Homer - Memphis Redbirds
- I-Cubs Streak Ends at Eight - Iowa Cubs
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 8, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Express OF Yordan Alvarez Earns Astros Player of the Month Honors - Round Rock Express
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (17-15) vs Iowa Cubs (22-10) - Memphis Redbirds
- Delivering in the Clutch Again - San Antonio Missions
- Reyes de Plata Rally for 3-1 Victory over Salt Lake - Las Vegas Aviators
- Veteran Pitcher Edwin Jackson Enjoying Las Vegas Homecoming - Las Vegas Aviators
- Rainiers Hang Around But Drop Opener to Aces - Tacoma Rainiers
- Fresno continues winning ways over Sacramento with 7-3 triumph on Tuesday - Fresno Grizzlies
- Aviators Score Late to Upend Bees - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats' home run barrage continues in loss to Grizzlies - Sacramento River Cats
- Cron Homers, Donatella Sharp in Aces Victory over Tacoma - Reno Aces
- Chihuahuas Use Early Power to Top Isotopes - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Sounds Hang On For 4-2 Win Tuesday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- I-Cubs Extend Winning Streak to Eight - Iowa Cubs
- Isotopes Drop Series Opener in El Paso - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Hager Wins It Again for San Antonio - San Antonio Missions
- 'Cakes Lose in Extras - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Redbirds Short in 6-5 Loss to Iowa - Memphis Redbirds
- Dillard Earns 40th Win in Nashville's Victory - Nashville Sounds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.