Sound Tigers Reveal 2019-20 Schedule
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. - The Bridgeport Sound Tigers, proud AHL affiliate of the New York Islanders, have announced their 2019-20 regular-season schedule.
The Sound Tigers will once again present a family-friendly schedule that features 30 of the team's 38 home games on a weekend date. Bridgeport's home schedule includes 15 Saturday nights, 10 Sundays and five Friday night games. The home opener is slated for Saturday, Oct. 19 at 7 p.m. against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins at Webster Bank Arena, featuring Breast Cancer Awareness Night.
The Sound Tigers will begin the 2019-20 campaign with four road games, including the season opener on Saturday, Oct. 5 against the Springfield Thunderbirds. The club then heads south on I-91 to renew its Nutmeg State rivalry against the Hartford Wolf Pack on Sunday, Oct. 6. The Sound Tigers will also face the defending Calder Cup champion Charlotte Checkers on Friday, Oct. 11 and Saturday, Oct. 12 in North Carolina.
"We are thrilled with this year's schedule, especially because it is dominated by weekend home dates and divisional opponents," Sound Tigers President Michael Picker said. "It also provides good balance on home and away dates, so our players can effectively chase a Calder Cup championship. Our fans should look forward to the return of popular theme nights, new promotional events, and unique game offerings that will be announced in the near future."
The team's full promotional schedule with details on the home opener and all other theme nights will be released later this summer. Single-game tickets will go on sale Monday, August 26 at 10 a.m. and can be purchased online at Ticketmaster.com or at the Webster Bank Arena Click It Or Ticket Box Office. Executive suites and premium seat packages are also available by calling (203) 345-2300 extension 8. The Sound Tigers group sales line is (203) 345-2300 extension 7.
For the second straight season, the Sound Tigers will host a trio of school-day events at Webster Bank Arena, featuring a 10:30 a.m. puck drop. The annual "Cool Fun" contest will take place on Wednesday, Nov. 6 against the Springfield Thunderbirds and the "Spring Fun" game is slated for Tuesday, Apr. 1 against the Providence Bruins. In addition, due to the popularity of the early games with local schools and youth organizations, the Sound Tigers will once again host a "Winter Fun" game on Wednesday, Feb. 5 against the Syracuse Crunch.
Sound Tigers season tickets and flex plans are on sale now for the 2019-20 campaign, offering the greatest savings and ultimate flexibility of all the ticket packages. Fans may pick between a full-season, 20-game, or 10-game plan and you'll also be entitled to exclusive benefits, including the ticket holder exchange policy. Lock in your seats today by contacting Brad Dworin at 203-345-4813 or via [email protected]
Longest homestand: Five games (Twice: Nov. 2 - Nov. 10; Mar. 11 - 21)
Longest road trip: Five games (Dec. 31 - Jan. 10)
Games by month: October (9), November (15), December (11), January (11), February (12), March (12), April (6)
Bridgeport will face 14 different opponents at Webster Bank Arena in 2019-20
The Sound Tigers will face every Eastern Conference opponent except Cleveland
Six of the team's first 10 games will take place on the road for the second straight season, but 10 of the last 14 will be held at Webster Bank Arena
58 of the 76 games (76-percent) are against Atlantic Division opponents
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 10, 2019
- Roadrunners Announce 2019-2020 Schedule - Tucson Roadrunners
- Heat Sign Three Players to AHL Contracts - Stockton Heat
- Marlies Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule - Toronto Marlies
- Colorado Eagles Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule - Colorado Eagles
- Senators Unveil 2019-20 Schedule - Belleville Senators
- Condors Reveal 2019-20 Schedule - Bakersfield Condors
- Barracuda Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule - San Jose Barracuda
- Chicago Wolves Announce 2019-20 Schedule - Chicago Wolves
- Bears Release 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule - Hershey Bears
- Stars Release Full 2019-20 Season Schedule - Texas Stars
- Syracuse Crunch Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule - Syracuse Crunch
- Cleveland Monsters Announce 2019-20 Regular-Season Schedule - Cleveland Monsters
- Phantoms Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Iowa Wild Announces Full 2019-20 Schedule - Iowa Wild
- San Diego Gulls 2019-20 Schedule Announced - San Diego Gulls
- Sound Tigers Reveal 2019-20 Schedule - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Heat Announce 2019-20 AHL Regular Season Game and Promotional Schedules - Stockton Heat
- Rampage Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule - San Antonio Rampage
- Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Announces 2019-20 Schedule - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Moose Launch 20th Season Celebration, Reveal 2019-20 Schedule - Manitoba Moose
- Wolf Pack Announce 2019-20 Schedule of Games - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Griffins Release 2019-20 Schedule - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Ontario Reign Release 2019-20 Schedule - Ontario Reign
- Amerks Announce 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Announce 2019-20 Schedule - Milwaukee Admirals
- P-Bruins Release 2019-20 Schedule and Opening Weekend Hat Trick to Benefit the Tomorrow Fund - Providence Bruins
- Springfield Thunderbirds Unveil 2019-20 Schedule - Springfield Thunderbirds
- American Hockey League Announces 2019-20 Schedule - AHL
- Comets 2019-20 Schedule Unveiled - Utica Comets
- Devils Release 2019-20 Regular Season Schedule - Binghamton Devils
- Belleville Signs Dougherty to AHL Deal - Belleville Senators
- BGH Foundation Fundraising Making a Difference in the Community - Belleville Senators
- Griffins Receive Ticket Awards - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Columbus Blue Jackets Re-Sign Center Justin Scott to One-Year, Two-Way NHL/AHL Contract - Cleveland Monsters
Other Recent Bridgeport Sound Tigers Stories
- AHL Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Bolduc, Brubacher Agree to Terms
- Gibson Named Bridgeport's 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year
- Statement from the Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bellows, St. Denis each score twice and Gibson makes 44 saves on Wednesday