Sorenson Recalled to Utica
KALAMAZOO, MI - The Kalamazoo Wings, proud ECHL affiliate of the National Hockey League's Vancouver Canucks, announced a pair of roster moves ahead of Saturday's game at Wings Event Center. The American Hockey League's Utica Comets recalled Kalamazoo forward Tanner Sorenson.
In a separate transaction, the K-Wings activated veteran defenseman Eric Kattelus from injured reserve.
Sorenson, 26, had six points (3 goals, 3 assists) in his first six games this season, before serving a four-game suspension stemming from Kalamazoo's 7-2 win over Wheeling November 2. The Anchorage, Alaska native signed his first AHL contract with Utica last spring after posting 64 points (22 goals, 42 assists) in 55 games for the K-Wings.
Kattelus, 32, started his ninth season in Kalamazoo on injured reserve and will make his 2019-20 debut Saturday against the Utah Grizzlies at 7:00 p.m. at Wings Event Center. The Traverse City, Michigan native recorded 28 points (10 goals, 18 assists) in 45 games last season.
Kalamazoo Wings 3-Packs are now available online! Reserve your tickets for the three biggest games in the best seats with the best eats. Visit kwings.com for more information about all the perks that come with a K-Wings 3-Pack!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 16, 2019
- Mavs Explode against West's Top Team, Defeat Rapid City 10-1 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Kasimir Kaskisuo Makes NHL Debut - Orlando Solar Bears
- Fucale, Solar Bears Blank IceMen in 3-0 Victory - Orlando Solar Bears
- Steelheads Late Goal Helps to Earn Point in 4-3 Shootout Loss to Oilers - Idaho Steelheads
- Two for Tonge: 'Blades Top Gladiators for Third Straight Win - Florida Everblades
- Fuel Come up Short to the Swap Rabbits in Greenville - Indy Fuel
- K-Wings Defeat Grizzlies 3-2 - Utah Grizzlies
- Schultz Reaches Milestone in Dominating Offensive Performance - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Greenville Outlasts Indy Behind Helvig's 42 Saves - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Glads Chomped by 'Blades in First Meeting - Atlanta Gladiators
- K-Wings Snap Skid with Win over Grizzlies - Kalamazoo Wings
- Stingrays Stay Hot, Roll Past Admirals 6-2 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Largest Crowd of Season Witnesses Historic 1-0 OT Win vs. Wheeling - Reading Royals
- Five Unanswered Goals Carry Stingrays Past Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Ruby Helps Nailers Earn Point in Reading - Wheeling Nailers
- Walleye Draw a Blank against Newfoundland - Toledo Walleye
- Cormier's 25 Save Shutout Halts Mariners Win Streak - Adirondack Thunder
- Cormier Shuts Door on Mariners - Maine Mariners
- Growlers Shutout the Walleye 2-0 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Admirals Look to Reverse Course, Snap out of Nine-Game Skid - Norfolk Admirals
- ECHL Transactions - November 16 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Sorenson Recalled to Utica - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Ft. Wayne Komets - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Solar Bears Signs Rich Boyd - Orlando Solar Bears
- Growlers Sign Mike Crocock to ECHL Contract - Newfoundland Growlers
- Game Notes: at Kansas City - Rapid City Rush
- Royals Tied for ECHL-Best 20 Points, Start Homestand - Reading Royals
- Brad Barone Stars in 2-1 Grizzlies Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Despite Late Surge, Oilers Fall 5-4 to Rapid City - Tulsa Oilers
- Rush Avoid Late Scare in Win against Oilers - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.