Game Preview: Solar Bears at IceMen
WHO: Orlando Solar Bears at Jacksonville Icemen
VENUE: Veterans Memorial Arena, Jacksonville, Fla.
DATE: Saturday, Nov. 16 at 7 p.m.
LISTEN: OSB Radio via Facebook, Mixlr and TuneIn
TONIGHT: The Orlando Solar Bears (3-7-1-1) begin a four-game road trip and head up the Atlantic coast to face the Jacksonville Icemen (3-6-2-0) for the first time at Veterans Memorial Arena this season. The Solar Bears are 2-0-0-0 against Jacksonville this season, and are 6-3-1-0 on the road against Jacksonville over the past two years.
LANGAN RECEIVES CREDIT: A score correction from Wednesday's game at Florida has resulted in Tristin Langan receiving credit for Orlando's goal. The rookie is now tied for second in team scoring with five points (2g-3a) in 10 games and has two goals in his last three games.
LIPANOV LOOKING TO LIGHT UP ICEMEN: Alexey Lipanov leads the Solar Bears with two power-play goals this season, both of which came in Orlando's 6-2 win vs. Jacksonville on Oct. 29. Lipanov has had his strongest career output against the Icemen, with five points (3g-2a) in three games dating back to last season.
SPECIAL TEAMS GLANCE: Two of Orlando's six power-play goals this season have come against Jacksonville. The Icemen enter tonight's game with a penalty kill unit that ranks 22nd in the ECHL with a 78.2% rate.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT: The Icemen will be without the services of captain Emerson Clark, who was assessed a five-game suspension following Jacksonville's game with Atlanta on Thursday, and forward Alexis D'Aoust, who was recalled to the Manitoba Moose on Friday.
KASKISUO TO MAKE NHL DEBUT TONIGHT: Former Solar Bears goaltender Kasimir Kaskisuo is expected to make his NHL debut tonight as he is the projected starter for the Toronto Maple Leafs at Pittsburgh. Kaskisuo spent parts of two seasons in Orlando, posting a 15-12-5 record in 32 career games with the Solar Bears.
The Solar Bears continue their road trip when the visit the Idaho Steelheads on Wednesday, Nov. 20 at 9:10 p.m. ET. The Solar Bears return home to host the Norfolk Admirals on Tuesday, Nov. 26 at 7 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 16, 2019
- Mavs Explode against West's Top Team, Defeat Rapid City 10-1 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Kasimir Kaskisuo Makes NHL Debut - Orlando Solar Bears
- Fucale, Solar Bears Blank IceMen in 3-0 Victory - Orlando Solar Bears
- Steelheads Late Goal Helps to Earn Point in 4-3 Shootout Loss to Oilers - Idaho Steelheads
- Two for Tonge: 'Blades Top Gladiators for Third Straight Win - Florida Everblades
- Fuel Come up Short to the Swap Rabbits in Greenville - Indy Fuel
- K-Wings Defeat Grizzlies 3-2 - Utah Grizzlies
- Schultz Reaches Milestone in Dominating Offensive Performance - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Greenville Outlasts Indy Behind Helvig's 42 Saves - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Glads Chomped by 'Blades in First Meeting - Atlanta Gladiators
- K-Wings Snap Skid with Win over Grizzlies - Kalamazoo Wings
- Stingrays Stay Hot, Roll Past Admirals 6-2 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Largest Crowd of Season Witnesses Historic 1-0 OT Win vs. Wheeling - Reading Royals
- Five Unanswered Goals Carry Stingrays Past Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Ruby Helps Nailers Earn Point in Reading - Wheeling Nailers
- Walleye Draw a Blank against Newfoundland - Toledo Walleye
- Cormier's 25 Save Shutout Halts Mariners Win Streak - Adirondack Thunder
- Cormier Shuts Door on Mariners - Maine Mariners
- Growlers Shutout the Walleye 2-0 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Admirals Look to Reverse Course, Snap out of Nine-Game Skid - Norfolk Admirals
- ECHL Transactions - November 16 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Sorenson Recalled to Utica - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Ft. Wayne Komets - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Solar Bears Signs Rich Boyd - Orlando Solar Bears
- Growlers Sign Mike Crocock to ECHL Contract - Newfoundland Growlers
- Game Notes: at Kansas City - Rapid City Rush
- Royals Tied for ECHL-Best 20 Points, Start Homestand - Reading Royals
- Brad Barone Stars in 2-1 Grizzlies Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Despite Late Surge, Oilers Fall 5-4 to Rapid City - Tulsa Oilers
- Rush Avoid Late Scare in Win against Oilers - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando Solar Bears Stories
- Solar Bears Announce 2020 Protected List
- Orlando Solar Bears and Pizza Hut Team up to Help Central Florida Families in Need
- Solar Bears Purple Jersey Auction Now Live
- Solar Bears to Auction Jerseys to Benefit ECHL Players Beginning May 6
- Orlando Solar Bears to Sell Face Coverings and T-Shirts to Benefit Feeding Children Everywhere