Brad Barone Stars in 2-1 Grizzlies Win
Wheeling, West Virginia - Brad Barone made his debut in net for the Utah Grizzlies and stopped 34 of 35 shots in a 2-1 road victory over the Wheeling Nailers on Friday night at WesBanco Arena.
Wheeling's only goal came 1:13 into the game as Renars Krastenbergs made it a 1-0 game. Barone stopped everything after that to hand Wheeling their first home loss of the season. Barone signed with the Grizzlies on November 12th after a stint with the Rapid City Rush.
Grizz captain Taylor Richart got Utah on the board with a power play goal 6:41 into the second period on a one timer from Tim McGauley, who got his 8 th assist of the season. Less than 3 minutes later Yuri Terao scored his 4th of the season from the left circle. Garrett Klotz got an assist in his first game with the Grizz and Sasha Larocque added an assist for the second straight game.
Grizz 4 game road trip concludes on Saturday Night at Kalamazoo. Face-off is at 5:00 pm mountain time at Wings Events Center. Next home game for the Grizzlies is Pooch on the Pond on November 22nd vs Orlando. Tickets are available at utahgrizzlies.com or by calling (801) 988-8000.
1. Brad Barone (Utah) - 34 of 35 saves and won his Utah debut.
2. Yuri Terao (Utah) - GWG 9:24 into the second period.
3. Renars Krastenbergs (Wheeling) - 1 goal. 6 shots on goal.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 16, 2019
- Mavs Explode against West's Top Team, Defeat Rapid City 10-1 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Kasimir Kaskisuo Makes NHL Debut - Orlando Solar Bears
- Fucale, Solar Bears Blank IceMen in 3-0 Victory - Orlando Solar Bears
- Steelheads Late Goal Helps to Earn Point in 4-3 Shootout Loss to Oilers - Idaho Steelheads
- Two for Tonge: 'Blades Top Gladiators for Third Straight Win - Florida Everblades
- Fuel Come up Short to the Swap Rabbits in Greenville - Indy Fuel
- K-Wings Defeat Grizzlies 3-2 - Utah Grizzlies
- Schultz Reaches Milestone in Dominating Offensive Performance - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Greenville Outlasts Indy Behind Helvig's 42 Saves - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Glads Chomped by 'Blades in First Meeting - Atlanta Gladiators
- K-Wings Snap Skid with Win over Grizzlies - Kalamazoo Wings
- Stingrays Stay Hot, Roll Past Admirals 6-2 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Largest Crowd of Season Witnesses Historic 1-0 OT Win vs. Wheeling - Reading Royals
- Five Unanswered Goals Carry Stingrays Past Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Ruby Helps Nailers Earn Point in Reading - Wheeling Nailers
- Walleye Draw a Blank against Newfoundland - Toledo Walleye
- Cormier's 25 Save Shutout Halts Mariners Win Streak - Adirondack Thunder
- Cormier Shuts Door on Mariners - Maine Mariners
- Growlers Shutout the Walleye 2-0 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Admirals Look to Reverse Course, Snap out of Nine-Game Skid - Norfolk Admirals
- ECHL Transactions - November 16 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at IceMen - Orlando Solar Bears
- Sorenson Recalled to Utica - Kalamazoo Wings
- Cyclones Game Preview: vs. Ft. Wayne Komets - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Solar Bears Signs Rich Boyd - Orlando Solar Bears
- Growlers Sign Mike Crocock to ECHL Contract - Newfoundland Growlers
- Game Notes: at Kansas City - Rapid City Rush
- Royals Tied for ECHL-Best 20 Points, Start Homestand - Reading Royals
- Brad Barone Stars in 2-1 Grizzlies Win - Utah Grizzlies
- Despite Late Surge, Oilers Fall 5-4 to Rapid City - Tulsa Oilers
- Rush Avoid Late Scare in Win against Oilers - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.