Sam Carrick Named Ccm/AHL Player of the Week
SAN DIEGO - The American Hockey League (AHL) announced today that San Diego Gulls center Sam Carrick has been selected as the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending Jan. 13, 2019.
Carrick, 26 (2/4/92), posted back-to-back three-point games last week, totaling two goals and four assists as the Gulls extended their winning streak to eight games, longest in the AHL this season, and set a club record with points in 13 straight game (11-0-0-2).
On Wednesday night in Stockton, Carrick notched a goal and two assists to help San Diego to a 7-4 victory over the Heat. And on Saturday, he reached the 20-goal mark for the first time in his career and registered two more assists as the Gulls defeated Milwaukee, 5-2.
Carrick ranks third in the AHL in goals (20), fifth in points-per game (1.23, min. 20 games) and tied for 11th in points (37) in 30 games for San Diego this season, his seventh professional campaign. A native of Markham, Ont., Carrick has also appeared in three contests with the Anaheim Ducks in 2018-19, San Diego's primary affiliate in the National Hockey League (NHL). Originally selected by the Toronto Maple Leafs in the fifth round (144th overall) of the 2010 NHL Draft, Carrick has skated in 361 career AHL games with San Diego, Rockford and Toronto, notching 88-129=217 points, while adding 1-1=2 points in 22 NHL appearances with the Ducks and Maple Leafs.
In recognition of being named the CCM/AHL Player of the Week, Carrick will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Gulls home game.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 14, 2019
- Roadrunners Weekly (January 14) - Tucson Roadrunners
- Wolves Insider: First-Place Showdown - Chicago Wolves
- IceHogs Reassign Defenseman Manning to Indy - Rockford IceHogs
- Rangers Recall Ryan Lindgren from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Rangers Acquire Forward Connor Brickley from Nashville for Cole Schneider - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Barron Recalled, Dickinson Reassigned to Utah - Colorado Eagles
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 15 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Preds Acquire Schneider in Exchange for Brickley - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wolf Pack Weekly, January 14-20 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Coyotes Assign Hill to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Tuesday's Checkers Game Sold Out - Charlotte Checkers
- Griffins Assign Crawford to Walleye - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sens Reassign Archibald and Elliott to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Condors Home with Food and Drink Specials this Week - Bakersfield Condors
- Week 15 Report: Offense Finding Footing, But Hogs Drop Two - Rockford IceHogs
- Sam Carrick Named Ccm/AHL Player of the Week - San Diego Gulls
- San Diego's Sam Carrick Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Brandon Halverson Reassigned to ECHL - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Blue Jackets Assign Gabriel Carlsson, Kole Sherwood to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Sound Tigers Recall Holmstrom, Gaudreau from Worcester - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: January 14 - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.