Sound Tigers Recall Holmstrom, Gaudreau from Worcester
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. - The Bridgeport Sound Tigers, proud AHL affiliate of the New York Islanders, announced today that forwards Josh Holmstrom and Matt Gaudreau have been recalled from the Worcester Railers of the ECHL.
Holmstrom, 29, recorded 14 points (eight goals, six assists) in 37 games with Worcester this season and ranks sixth on the team in scoring. He is tied for third in goals and one of just four players to appear in every game for the Railers.
Last season, Holmstrom collected five points (two goals, three assists) in 28 games with Bridgeport and also notched two points (one goal, one assist) in seven regular-season games with Worcester - the team's ECHL affiliate. He added a goal and two assists in three Kelly Cup Playoff contests.
A native of Colorado Springs, Colo., Holmstrom has 14 points (four goals, 10 assists) in 108 career AHL games with the Sound Tigers. Prior to turning pro, the 6'0, 181-pound forward played four seasons at the University of Massachusetts-Lowell and registered 74 points (31 goals, 43 assists) in 154 games with the River Hawks.
Gaudreau, 24, had 15 points (seven goals, eight assists) and a plus-one rating in 20 games with the Railers this season, which tied him for fifth on the team in both goals and points. He scored his seventh goal of the season in Sunday's 4-2 win against Manchester after he was returned on loan earlier in the day.
Gaudreau ranked sixth on the Railers in scoring last season with 27 points (12 goals, 15 assists) and a plus-six rating in 38 games. He also collected one assist in nine games with the Sound Tigers in 2017-18. A native of Carneys Point Township, N.J., Gaudreau played four seasons at Boston College from 2013-17 and recorded 63 points (16 goals, 47 assists) and a plus-25 rating in 119 contests prior to turning pro. He posted career highs in goals (eight), assists (27) and points (35) in 40 games as a senior and ranked second on the Eagles in scoring that season.
Next Time Out: The Sound Tigers take to the road this week and battle the first-place Charlotte Checkers in back-to-back games starting Tuesday at Bojangles Coliseum. The pucks at 7 p.m. from the Queen City. Fans can follow all of the live action online via the Sound Tigers Radio Network and AHLTV, beginning with the pre-game show at 6:45 p.m.
Packed Promotional Lineup: The Sound Tigers boast one of their most extensive and wide-ranging promotional schedules ever for the 2018-19 season. The fan-friendly calendar includes the return of popular themes like Hockey and Hops (Mar. 17), Star Wars Night (Jan. 19) and Princess Night (Mar. 30). Regional hockey fans will also be elated for the addition of Hockey Weekend in Connecticut (Feb. 23-24). View the full 2018-19 promotional schedule.
For additional details or to reserve a group outing for any giveaway or theme night, please call the Sound Tigers' front office at (203) 345-2300 ext 7.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 14, 2019
- Roadrunners Weekly (January 14) - Tucson Roadrunners
- Wolves Insider: First-Place Showdown - Chicago Wolves
- IceHogs Reassign Defenseman Manning to Indy - Rockford IceHogs
- Rangers Recall Ryan Lindgren from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Rangers Acquire Forward Connor Brickley from Nashville for Cole Schneider - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Barron Recalled, Dickinson Reassigned to Utah - Colorado Eagles
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 15 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Preds Acquire Schneider in Exchange for Brickley - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wolf Pack Weekly, January 14-20 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Coyotes Assign Hill to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Tuesday's Checkers Game Sold Out - Charlotte Checkers
- Griffins Assign Crawford to Walleye - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sens Reassign Archibald and Elliott to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Condors Home with Food and Drink Specials this Week - Bakersfield Condors
- Week 15 Report: Offense Finding Footing, But Hogs Drop Two - Rockford IceHogs
- Sam Carrick Named Ccm/AHL Player of the Week - San Diego Gulls
- San Diego's Sam Carrick Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Brandon Halverson Reassigned to ECHL - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Blue Jackets Assign Gabriel Carlsson, Kole Sherwood to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Sound Tigers Recall Holmstrom, Gaudreau from Worcester - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: January 14 - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bridgeport Sound Tigers Stories
- NCAA 2023 Division I Men's Hockey Regionals Coming to City of Bridgeport and Webster Bank Arena
- Czarnik and Hutton Agree to Two-Year Deals
- Former Sound Tigers Pushed New York Islanders to Deep Playoff Run
- Bridgeport Sound Tigers to Host Free Virtual Youth Hockey Coaching Clinic
- Sound Tigers Hit Long Island for NHL's Return to Play