Rangers Acquire Forward Connor Brickley from Nashville for Cole Schneider
NEW YORK - New York Rangers General Manager Jeff Gorton announced today that the team has acquired forward Connor Brickley from the Nashville Predators in exchange for Cole Schneider.
Brickley, 26, has skated in 39 games with the Milwaukee Admirals of the American Hockey League (AHL) this season, registering seven goals and four assists for 11 points, along with 18 penalty minutes. He is tied for fourth on the Admirals in goals in 2018-19. Brickley has skated in 234 career AHL games over parts of five seasons (2013-14 - 2016-17; 2018-19), registering 57 goals and 56 assists for 113 points, along with a plus-eight rating and 171 penalty minutes. He established AHL career-highs in games played (73), goals (22), assists (25), and points (47) during his first full season in the AHL with the San Antonio Rampage in 2014-15.
The 6-0, 203-pounder has also skated in 67 career NHL games over parts of two seasons (2015-16; 2017-18), both with Florida, registering five goals and 12 assists for 17 points, along with 33 penalty minutes. Brickley established NHL career-highs in games played (44), goals (four), assists (eight), and points (12) with the Panthers last season.
The Everett, Massachusetts native was originally selected by Florida in the second round, 50th overall, of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.
Schneider was signed by the Rangers as a free agent on July 1, 2017. He skated in 112 AHL games over parts of two seasons with the Wolf Pack (2017-18 and 2018-19), registering 29 goals and 46 assists for 75 points, along with 66 penalty minutes.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 14, 2019
- Roadrunners Weekly (January 14) - Tucson Roadrunners
- Wolves Insider: First-Place Showdown - Chicago Wolves
- IceHogs Reassign Defenseman Manning to Indy - Rockford IceHogs
- Rangers Recall Ryan Lindgren from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Rangers Acquire Forward Connor Brickley from Nashville for Cole Schneider - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Barron Recalled, Dickinson Reassigned to Utah - Colorado Eagles
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 15 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Preds Acquire Schneider in Exchange for Brickley - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wolf Pack Weekly, January 14-20 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Coyotes Assign Hill to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Tuesday's Checkers Game Sold Out - Charlotte Checkers
- Griffins Assign Crawford to Walleye - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Sens Reassign Archibald and Elliott to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Condors Home with Food and Drink Specials this Week - Bakersfield Condors
- Week 15 Report: Offense Finding Footing, But Hogs Drop Two - Rockford IceHogs
- Sam Carrick Named Ccm/AHL Player of the Week - San Diego Gulls
- San Diego's Sam Carrick Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Brandon Halverson Reassigned to ECHL - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Blue Jackets Assign Gabriel Carlsson, Kole Sherwood to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Sound Tigers Recall Holmstrom, Gaudreau from Worcester - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: January 14 - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hartford Wolf Pack Stories
- American Hockey League Announces 2020-21 Schedule
- American Hockey League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Steven Fogarty Named Hartford Wolf Pack's 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year
- Wolf Pack Sign Forward Alex Whelan
- Rangers Agree to Terms with Free Agent Forward Austin Rueschhoff