Rocket Sneak Past Marlies 4-3
Laval: L. Dauphin (3) (R. Harvey-Pinard, G. Olofsson), L. Dauphin (4) (R. Harvey-Pinard, J. Lucchini), M. Pezzetta (2) (J. Brook) (T. Paquette-Bisson (1) (Y. Veilleux)
Goaltender: V. Demchenko (19/22)
Toronto: T. Gaudet (8) (Unassisted), K. Kossila (4) (J. McKenna, N. Hoefenmayer), T. Gaudet (9) (T. Liljegren, C. Rosén)
Goaltender: I. Scott (24/28)
ON THE SCORESHEET
Tyler Gaudet put the Marlies on the board unassisted at 5:28 of the second period and later scored at 17:21 of the third period. Gaudet is tied for 13th in goals (9) overall. Gaudet has three unassisted goals this season, leading the AHL.
Kalle Kossila scored at 12:49 of the second period. He has points (2-2-4) in two consecutive games. Kossila has 13 points (4 goals, 9 assists) this season.
Jeremy McKenna recorded the primary assist on Kossila's second period goal. McKenna has seven point (3 goals, 4 assists) in 15 games with the Marlies.
Noel Hoefenmayer registered the secondary assist on Kossila's second period goal. This was Hoefenmayer's second assist this season.
Timothy Liljegren had the primary assist on Gaudet's third period goal. Liljegren has nine points (2 goals, 7 assists) in 14 games this season.
Calle Rosén picked up the secondary assist on Gaudet's third period goal. He has 10 points (4 goals, 6 assists) in 19 games with the Marlies.
Ian Scott stopped 24 of the 28 shots he faced in his first start of the season. He is now 0-1-0-0 on the season with a 4.17 goals against average and 0.857 save percentage. This was Scott's first start since May 21, 2019 with Prince Albert (WHL). This was his second start with the Toronto Marlies. His first start was on April 15, 2018 in a 4-3 win over Belleville.
Toronto went 1-for-1 on the penalty kill and 0-for-1 on the power play. Toronto's penalty kill at home (84.8) is ranked seventh overall.
Laval had a 28-22 edge in shots in all situations. Tyler Gaudet led the Marlies with five shots on goal.
The Marlies are 10-11-0-1 against Canadian Division opponents and are 1-2-0-1 against the Rocket.
Trailing after 1 2-4-0-1
Tied after 2 3-2-0-0
Did not score a power play goal 5-8-0-0
Allow a power play goal 9-4-0-0
Outshot by opponent 4-4-0-1
REGULAR SEASON LEADERS
Goals 9 (Gaudet)
Assists 12 (Agostino)
Points 19 (Agostino)
PPG 2 (Agostino, Brazeau, Kossila)
Shots 55 (Agostino)
+/- +11 (Gaudet)
PIMS 43 (Clune)
HEAD COACH GREG MOORE
On Ian Scott:
Ian did a great job. If you take into consideration how long it's been for him to get into a live action game like that against an opponent like that. You could tell in the first period he had some nervous energy and movement, but he settled right in, made some big saves. Then in the second period, he looked very comfortable. It's incredible just how poised and calm he looks back there. Kind of mirrors his personality. For his first game, he should be really proud of that.
On today's game:
The process was in place, the competitiveness was there, the consistency was there. To fight back in the second period the way we did to get the game even after being down, the team showed a lot of character. There was definitely a lot more consistency today.
On his first start since returning from injury:
There's not a lot of words. It's been a long time and I was just happy to be out there again.
On how the game developed for him:
There were definitely a few nerves but at the end of the day, I can trust that I've prepared enough for this and that I've put in the work. A lot of work went on behind the scenes and after a while coming back, I was able just to roll with things.
Apr. 9 Joseph Duszak (D) - Recalled from loan to Toronto (NHL Taxi)
Apr. 8 Timothy Liljegren (D) - Returned on loan from Toronto (NHL Taxi)
*All times Eastern Standard Time
Thursday, April 15 at Laval - 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, April 18 at Laval - 1:00 p.m.
Wednesday, April 21 at Belleville - 7:00 p.m.
Friday, April 23 at Belleville - 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 24 at Belleville - 3:00 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 10, 2021
- Texas Beaten by Colorado in 3-0 Shutout - Texas Stars
- Werner, Sherwood Stand Tall in 3-0 Blanking of Stars - Colorado Eagles
- Iowa Secures Point with Late Comeback in 5-4 OT Loss to Chicago - Iowa Wild
- Crunch Roll Past Comets, 5-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks Fall to Cleveland in Series Opener - Rochester Americans
- Wolves Rally for OT Win in Iowa - Chicago Wolves
- Comets Drop Contest to Crunch, 5-1 - Utica Comets
- Monsters Set New Franchise Record with 9-2 Victory over Amerks - Cleveland Monsters
- Rocket Sneak Past Marlies 4-3 - Toronto Marlies
- Veleno Reassigned to Griffins by Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Schnarr Scores Twice in 5-4 OT Loss to Penguins - Binghamton Devils
- Moose Use Overtime to Top Belleville - Manitoba Moose
- Allison and Laczynski Recalled to Taxi Squad - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- P-Bruins Fall to Hartford Wolf Pack, 6-1 - Providence Bruins
- April 11 Game at Lehigh Valley Postponed - Binghamton Devils
- American Hockey League Announces Schedule Changes - AHL
- Sunday Game Postponed - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolf Pack Dispatch Providence, 6-1 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Tonight's Hershey Bears Road Game at Lehigh Valley Postponed - Hershey Bears
- Game Tonight Postponed - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- American Hockey League Announces Schedule Change - AHL
- Syracuse Crunch Reassign Nikita Pavlychev to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Game Preview: Condors Host San Jose at 6 p.m. on AHLTV - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Moose, April 10th - Belleville Senators
- Blue Jackets Reassign Defensemen Bayreuther, Peeke to Taxi Squad - Cleveland Monsters
- Belleville Senators Add Curtis Douglas on An Amateur Tryout Agreement - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears at Phantoms, 7:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Game #23 San Diego at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Mike Carcone Nets Four Goals In High-Scoring Battle With Gulls - Tucson Roadrunners
- Offense Pushes Gulls past Tucson - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Toronto Marlies Stories
- Toronto Marlies Announce Coaching Staff Additions
- MLSE Issues Statement in Support of Province of Ontario's Mandatory Vaccination Policy
- Toronto Marlies Sign Forwards Zach O'Brien and Marcus Power
- Toronto Marlies Sign Goaltender Keith Petruzzelli
- Toronto Marlies Sign Defenceman Matteo Pietroniro