Game #23 San Diego at Tucson
Regular Season Game #23 - San Diego Gulls at Tucson Roadrunners
7:00 p.m. MST, Tucson Arena, Tucson, Arizona
TV Broadcast: The CW Tucson
Referees: Andy Howard (50) Furman South (44)
Linesmen: Jason Andrac (57) Neil Frederickson (68)
The Tucson Roadrunners wrap up their weekend series with San Diego Gulls Saturday night, in the second of back-to-back games with their I-8 rivals. The game is a continuation of the team's fifth anniversary celebration this weekend and will be broadcast live on The CW Tucson. "Voice of the Roadrunners" Adrian Denny, along with ArizonaCoyotes.com writer Alex Kinkopf will have the call. Limited tickets are still available for purchase at TucsonRoadrunners.com/WelcomeBack.
1) Tucson Roadrunners forward Mike Carcone set a franchise record for most goals scored in a game Friday night against the Gulls, scoring four goals and doubling his goal total on the season. Two of the goals came while on the power-play, and two-thirds of the team's total scores on the night came off the stick of Mike Carcone. He now has three career AHL hat tricks, with each one coming with a different team. Carcone's previous two hat tricks were with the Belleville Senators last season, and the Toronto Marlies in the 2018-19 playoffs.
2) Behind Mike Carcone's outstanding offensive performance Friday night, his linemate Kevin Roy ended up recording more points overall on the night. Roy assisted on all four of Carcone's goals, along with a fifth assist to defenseman Kyle Capobianco. Roy contributed to five of the team's six goals in Friday's contest, and now leads the team outright in both goals and assists. Roy has recorded a point in each of the last three games, and in six of the last eight. He has gone multiple games without a point only once this season and leads the team in multi-point performances with six.
3) The Roadrunners will once again showcase their special fifth anniversary uniforms when they take on the San Diego Gulls Saturday night. In their five seasons in Southern Arizona, the Roadrunners have won two AHL Pacific Division titles, finished as regular season conference champions in 2018, and won a playoff series in their first-ever trip to the postseason. Proudly affiliated with the NHL's Arizona Coyotes, the team has several former players up in Glendale on the Coyotes roster, including franchise record-holders Adin Hill and Michael Bunting, along with fan favorites such as Conor Garland, Michael Chaput, Christian Fischer, Lawson Crouse, Ivan Prosvetov, Jordan Gross, and Lane Pederson.
What's The Word?
Tucson Roadrunners forward Mike Carcone on his stellar four-goal performance Friday night against San Diego:
"It's obviously nice when you get those bounces and have a night like that, but it feels better to get a win... for myself to get those points tonight and keep moving forward is a positive sign, but you just have to keep going and play the same way."
Number to Know
3 - The number of Tucson's six goals from Friday night that came while on the man advantage. Two of which were scored by Mike Carcone, with the middle power-play score coming from Kyle Capobianco in the second period. The Roadrunners cashed in on the power-play once in each period, and now have 15 power-play goals on the season, good for third-most in the AHL's Pacific Division. In terms of Tucson's special teams, the Roadrunners have the second-best penalty-kill percentage in the entire league and have tacked on two goals while shorthanded as well.
We're Doing It Live
Roadrunners Hockey returns to the radio today at 7:00 p.m. as "Voice of the Roadrunners" Adrian Denny brings you all of the action on Fox Sports 1450 AM. The game will also be broadcast live on The CW Tucson, where Alex Kinkopf of ArizonaCoyotes.com will feature as the color commentator alongside Adrian Denny. All Roadrunners games are broadcast live on Tucson's Sports Station, along with AHLtv.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 10, 2021
- Texas Beaten by Colorado in 3-0 Shutout - Texas Stars
- Werner, Sherwood Stand Tall in 3-0 Blanking of Stars - Colorado Eagles
- Iowa Secures Point with Late Comeback in 5-4 OT Loss to Chicago - Iowa Wild
- Crunch Roll Past Comets, 5-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks Fall to Cleveland in Series Opener - Rochester Americans
- Wolves Rally for OT Win in Iowa - Chicago Wolves
- Comets Drop Contest to Crunch, 5-1 - Utica Comets
- Monsters Set New Franchise Record with 9-2 Victory over Amerks - Cleveland Monsters
- Rocket Sneak Past Marlies 4-3 - Toronto Marlies
- Veleno Reassigned to Griffins by Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Schnarr Scores Twice in 5-4 OT Loss to Penguins - Binghamton Devils
- Moose Use Overtime to Top Belleville - Manitoba Moose
- Allison and Laczynski Recalled to Taxi Squad - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- P-Bruins Fall to Hartford Wolf Pack, 6-1 - Providence Bruins
- April 11 Game at Lehigh Valley Postponed - Binghamton Devils
- American Hockey League Announces Schedule Changes - AHL
- Sunday Game Postponed - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolf Pack Dispatch Providence, 6-1 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Tonight's Hershey Bears Road Game at Lehigh Valley Postponed - Hershey Bears
- Game Tonight Postponed - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- American Hockey League Announces Schedule Change - AHL
- Syracuse Crunch Reassign Nikita Pavlychev to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Game Preview: Condors Host San Jose at 6 p.m. on AHLTV - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Moose, April 10th - Belleville Senators
- Blue Jackets Reassign Defensemen Bayreuther, Peeke to Taxi Squad - Cleveland Monsters
- Belleville Senators Add Curtis Douglas on An Amateur Tryout Agreement - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears at Phantoms, 7:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Game #23 San Diego at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Mike Carcone Nets Four Goals In High-Scoring Battle With Gulls - Tucson Roadrunners
- Offense Pushes Gulls past Tucson - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tucson Roadrunners Stories
- Tucson Roadrunners Road Ahead: Week of May 3, 2021
- Roadrunners Set Franchise Record with Nine Goals in Emphatic Win over San Diego
- Game #31 Tucson at San Diego
- Roadrunners Come Up Short In Another High-Scoring Affair With San Diego Gulls
- Game #30 Tucson at San Diego