P-Bruins Fall to Hartford Wolf Pack, 6-1
HARTFORD, CT. - Tommy Cross scored the lone goal for the Providence Bruins as the P-Bruins fell to the Hartford Wolf Pack, 6-1, on Saturday afternoon. The loss marks the first defeat for Providence since March 25. The P-Bruins moved to 5-3-1 against Hartford and 13-4-1 overall on the season.
1st 2nd 3rd Final
PROVIDENCE 0 0 1 1
HARTFORD 1 2 3 6
JAY LEACH, HEAD COACH
"I thought the first period was okay. We didn't generate much. I think much because of the fact that Hartford was certainly willing to block shots and defend the right way. We were not willing to get pucks and bodies to the net. On the flip side, they were able to get pucks through and obviously they scored a goal.
The second and the third were a real concern. Not a lot of juice there for us - partly, I'm sure, because of the way that Hartford was playing, but also really because our willingness to play inside, block some shots, and win a couple battles was nonexistent for the last two periods. Give them credit. They certainly did all of those things. They were even blocking shots at the end of the third there. It was clearly a case of two teams that were playing polar opposites of one another. One was all-in and our group was not."
- Tommy Cross scored the lone goal for Providence just past the halfway point of the third period. The goal was the third of the season for Cross, the P-Bruins all-time leaders in games played. In nine games this season, Cross has produced seven points (3G, 4A) and has four points (3G, 1A) in his last four games.
- Jakub Lauko recorded the primary assist on the goal by Cross. Lauko has picked up 15 points (5G, 10A) in 16 games this season, including eight points (3G, 5A) in his last seven games. Lauko has recorded at least one point in 10 of 16 contests this season.
- Cooper Zech picked up the secondary assist on the third period goal by Cross. Zech has seven points (1G, 6A) in 15 games this season and has recorded a point in three consecutive contests.
- The P-Bruins will travel to Marlborough, Massachusetts and take on the Utica Comets on Friday, April 16 at New England Sports Center. Puck drop is set for 3 p.m. ET.
ATLANTIC DIVISION STANDINGS
TEAM GP PTS
PROVIDENCE 18 27
HARTFORD 15 17
BRIDGEPORT 15 7
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 10, 2021
- Texas Beaten by Colorado in 3-0 Shutout - Texas Stars
- Werner, Sherwood Stand Tall in 3-0 Blanking of Stars - Colorado Eagles
- Iowa Secures Point with Late Comeback in 5-4 OT Loss to Chicago - Iowa Wild
- Crunch Roll Past Comets, 5-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks Fall to Cleveland in Series Opener - Rochester Americans
- Wolves Rally for OT Win in Iowa - Chicago Wolves
- Comets Drop Contest to Crunch, 5-1 - Utica Comets
- Monsters Set New Franchise Record with 9-2 Victory over Amerks - Cleveland Monsters
- Rocket Sneak Past Marlies 4-3 - Toronto Marlies
- Veleno Reassigned to Griffins by Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Schnarr Scores Twice in 5-4 OT Loss to Penguins - Binghamton Devils
- Moose Use Overtime to Top Belleville - Manitoba Moose
- Allison and Laczynski Recalled to Taxi Squad - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- P-Bruins Fall to Hartford Wolf Pack, 6-1 - Providence Bruins
- April 11 Game at Lehigh Valley Postponed - Binghamton Devils
- American Hockey League Announces Schedule Changes - AHL
- Sunday Game Postponed - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolf Pack Dispatch Providence, 6-1 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Tonight's Hershey Bears Road Game at Lehigh Valley Postponed - Hershey Bears
- Game Tonight Postponed - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- American Hockey League Announces Schedule Change - AHL
- Syracuse Crunch Reassign Nikita Pavlychev to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Game Preview: Condors Host San Jose at 6 p.m. on AHLTV - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Moose, April 10th - Belleville Senators
- Blue Jackets Reassign Defensemen Bayreuther, Peeke to Taxi Squad - Cleveland Monsters
- Belleville Senators Add Curtis Douglas on An Amateur Tryout Agreement - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears at Phantoms, 7:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Game #23 San Diego at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Mike Carcone Nets Four Goals In High-Scoring Battle With Gulls - Tucson Roadrunners
- Offense Pushes Gulls past Tucson - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Providence Bruins Stories
- Senyshyn Leads the Way with a Hat Trick as P-Bruins Defeat Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, 5-1
- P-Bruins Announce Tickets on Sale for Second Half of 2021-22 Season
- Providence Bruins Score Three in Second Period, Beat Bridgeport Islanders, 3-2
- Providence Bruins Score Late Goal to Force Overtime, Fall to Hershey Bears, 4-3
- Providence Bruins Make Push in Third Period, Fall to Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, 3-1