Belleville Senators Add Curtis Douglas on An Amateur Tryout Agreement
The Belleville Senators have signed forward Curtis Douglas to an Amateur Tryout Agreement. Douglas joins the Senators after spending four seasons in the Ontario Hockey League, splitting his time between the Barrie Colts and the Windsor Spitfires. Most recently, he played 16 games on loan with the Linz Steel Wings of the Alps Hockey League.
The Oakville, Ontario native spent parts of three seasons with the Windsor Spitfires. In his most recent year with the club, he scored 30 goals and recorded 30 assists for a total of 60 points in 62 games played. Those totals were good for a career-high in goals, assists, and points, even in a shortened season. He has 168 points in 247 games played in the OHL.
Standing at 6'8â³ tall, the 21-year old centerman's game has transitioned well into professional hockey. In his 16 games on loan to the Linz Steel Wings in the Alps Hockey League, Douglas notched 8 goals and 4 assists. His 12 points were good for third on the team after playing only a third of the season.
Douglas was drafted in the 4th round, 106th overall at the 2018 NHL Entry Draft by the Dallas Stars after a stellar sophomore season split between Barrie and Windsor.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 10, 2021
- Texas Beaten by Colorado in 3-0 Shutout - Texas Stars
- Werner, Sherwood Stand Tall in 3-0 Blanking of Stars - Colorado Eagles
- Iowa Secures Point with Late Comeback in 5-4 OT Loss to Chicago - Iowa Wild
- Crunch Roll Past Comets, 5-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks Fall to Cleveland in Series Opener - Rochester Americans
- Wolves Rally for OT Win in Iowa - Chicago Wolves
- Comets Drop Contest to Crunch, 5-1 - Utica Comets
- Monsters Set New Franchise Record with 9-2 Victory over Amerks - Cleveland Monsters
- Rocket Sneak Past Marlies 4-3 - Toronto Marlies
- Veleno Reassigned to Griffins by Detroit - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Schnarr Scores Twice in 5-4 OT Loss to Penguins - Binghamton Devils
- Moose Use Overtime to Top Belleville - Manitoba Moose
- Allison and Laczynski Recalled to Taxi Squad - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- P-Bruins Fall to Hartford Wolf Pack, 6-1 - Providence Bruins
- April 11 Game at Lehigh Valley Postponed - Binghamton Devils
- American Hockey League Announces Schedule Changes - AHL
- Sunday Game Postponed - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Wolf Pack Dispatch Providence, 6-1 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Tonight's Hershey Bears Road Game at Lehigh Valley Postponed - Hershey Bears
- Game Tonight Postponed - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- American Hockey League Announces Schedule Change - AHL
- Syracuse Crunch Reassign Nikita Pavlychev to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Game Preview: Condors Host San Jose at 6 p.m. on AHLTV - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators at Moose, April 10th - Belleville Senators
- Blue Jackets Reassign Defensemen Bayreuther, Peeke to Taxi Squad - Cleveland Monsters
- Belleville Senators Add Curtis Douglas on An Amateur Tryout Agreement - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears at Phantoms, 7:05 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Game #23 San Diego at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Mike Carcone Nets Four Goals In High-Scoring Battle With Gulls - Tucson Roadrunners
- Offense Pushes Gulls past Tucson - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Belleville Senators Stories
- Senators Prospects Looking to Make a Mark at Rookie Camp
- Senators Sign Three to AHL/ECHL Deals
- Senators Sign Three Players to One-Year American Hockey League Contracts
- Senators Extend Troy Mann as Head Coach of AHL's Belleville Senators
- Craig Belfer, AHL Athletic Trainers Selected as Winners of Yanick Dupre Memorial Award