Rafters Rally, Fall to Mallards
Wisconsin Rapids, Wis. - Playing in front of the fourth-largest crowd in team history, the first-place Wisconsin Rapids Rafters (21-13) rallied in the series finale against the Madison Mallards (17-17), but ultimately dropped the series finale 4-2 Friday night.
Wisconsin Rapids rallied back from a 2-0 lead, getting an RBI double from Anthony Galason to level the score. Madison retook the lead, going up 4-2 in the seventh inning. Wisconsin Rapids put the tying run aboard in the ninth, but failed to bring him home.
Rafters starter Nathan Hemmerling struck out four batters in six innings as the starter and Hayden Petrovick gets the loss with 2.2 innings of relief. Leon Davidson earns the win out of the bullpen for Madison.
The Rafters have a .5-game lead over Fond du Lac with two games remaining in the regular season. Wisconsin Rapids can clinch a playoff berth with two wins. Wisconsin Rapids closes out the regular-season portion of their 10thAnniversary Season with a road series in Lakeshore. Game one is Saturday at 6:35 p.m. and the finale is Sunday at 5:05 p.m.
As the Rafters gear up for a late-season run, you can experience the postseason action firsthand. For more information on playoff ticket offerings visit Raftersbaseball.com, call the Rafthouse at 715-424-5400, or visit historic Witter Field. The Rafters ticket office is open from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday at Witter Field, 521 Lincoln Street in Wisconsin Rapids.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 9, 2019
- Stingers Win in Extra Innings - Willmar Stingers
- Eau Claire Bests Bismarck in 6-3 Victory - Eau Claire Express
- First Place Rox Fall in Series Finale to Rochester - St. Cloud Rox
- Mallards Sink Rafters 4-2 in Series Finale - Madison Mallards
- Dock Spiders Sweep Bombers in Penultimate Season Series - Battle Creek Bombers
- Green Bay Sweeps Lakeshore - Green Bay Booyah
- Rafters Rally, Fall to Mallards - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Kingfish Hang-On to Beat Woodchucks 6-5 - Kenosha Kingfish
- Open the Cages, the Zoo Is Loose - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Waterloo Falls 4-3 in Duluth - Waterloo Bucks
- Pit Spitters Down Rivets 11-7 in Front of Sell-Out Crowd - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Seven in a Row After Blowout Victory - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Woodchucks Charge Back in Eighth But Fall One Run Shy of Kenosha - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Despite 4-2 Win over Waterloo, Huskies Eliminated from Playoff Contention - Duluth Huskies
- Huskies on the brink of playoff elimination - Duluth Huskies
- Rafters Play Finale with Mallards at Home - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Game Time Update - Kenosha Kingfish
- Loggers Strike Early in 10-3 Win vs. Thunder Bay - La Crosse Loggers
- Dock Spiders Take Down Battle Creek to Extend Winning Streak to Six Games - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Express Lose Heartbreaker to Larks - Eau Claire Express
- Honkers Rock the Rox - Rochester Honkers
- Rox Hit Multiple Home Runs, Drop Close Game to Rochester - St. Cloud Rox
- Chinooks Lose Playoff Chance - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Stingers Lose to Mankato - Willmar Stingers
- Pitching Prevails in 4-2 Bucks Win - Waterloo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wisconsin Rapids Rafters Stories
- Athletic Utility Players Teel and Nicholson Enhance Rafters Offense
- Premium Players from Power Conferences Increase Rafters Expectations for 2020
- Rafters Bring Back Two Familiar Faces
- Rafters Announce Open Interview Dates for Summer Employment
- Rafters Bring Talented Pitcher-Catcher Battery into 2020 Season