Dock Spiders Take Down Battle Creek to Extend Winning Streak to Six Games
FOND DU LAC, WI - The Fond du Lac Dock Spiders extended their win streak to six games after defeating the Battle Creek Bombers 10-6 on Thursday night. The Dock Spiders still sit 1.5 games back for the second half playoff spot.
The Dock Spiders Cooper Dundas (Oakland) would struggle in his first inning of work. He gave up three runs and hit the 35 pitch limit in an inning and only lasted that top of the first.
The offense went to work quick after trailing 3-0. Kellen Sarver (Illinois) would drive home their first run.
Tate Kolwyck (Vanderbilt) would drive home two more to tie it on a double. Then an RBI single by Charlie Maxwell (Northwestern) would bring home the go-ahead run making it 4-3.
Tim Elko (Mississippi) drove in another pair of runs in the fourth to give the Spiders a 6-3 cushion. The Bombers would not go away that easily.
They tagged two more on the board in the fifth to chop the deficit back to one. A Duncan Hunter (Jacksonville) two run double put Fond du Lac up 8-5.
A triple by Kolwyck would score the final two runs for the Dock Spiders and make it 10-5. The Bombers would tag another run in the ninth, but the offense had nothing left.
It was a 10-6 victory for the Dock Spiders. They take on the Battle Creek Bombers Friday night at 6:35 PM. Don't forget it's Weavers Birthday and the second to last regular season home game of the season.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 9, 2019
- Stingers Win in Extra Innings - Willmar Stingers
- Eau Claire Bests Bismarck in 6-3 Victory - Eau Claire Express
- First Place Rox Fall in Series Finale to Rochester - St. Cloud Rox
- Mallards Sink Rafters 4-2 in Series Finale - Madison Mallards
- Dock Spiders Sweep Bombers in Penultimate Season Series - Battle Creek Bombers
- Green Bay Sweeps Lakeshore - Green Bay Booyah
- Rafters Rally, Fall to Mallards - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Kingfish Hang-On to Beat Woodchucks 6-5 - Kenosha Kingfish
- Open the Cages, the Zoo Is Loose - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Waterloo Falls 4-3 in Duluth - Waterloo Bucks
- Pit Spitters Down Rivets 11-7 in Front of Sell-Out Crowd - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Seven in a Row After Blowout Victory - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Woodchucks Charge Back in Eighth But Fall One Run Shy of Kenosha - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Despite 4-2 Win over Waterloo, Huskies Eliminated from Playoff Contention - Duluth Huskies
- Huskies on the brink of playoff elimination - Duluth Huskies
- Rafters Play Finale with Mallards at Home - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Game Time Update - Kenosha Kingfish
- Loggers Strike Early in 10-3 Win vs. Thunder Bay - La Crosse Loggers
- Dock Spiders Take Down Battle Creek to Extend Winning Streak to Six Games - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Express Lose Heartbreaker to Larks - Eau Claire Express
- Honkers Rock the Rox - Rochester Honkers
- Rox Hit Multiple Home Runs, Drop Close Game to Rochester - St. Cloud Rox
- Chinooks Lose Playoff Chance - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Stingers Lose to Mankato - Willmar Stingers
- Pitching Prevails in 4-2 Bucks Win - Waterloo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fond du Lac Dock Spiders Stories
- Dock Spiders 2021 Summer Internships Available
- Charbonneau Steps Down as Manager & Thielmann Returns to Team
- Five Dock Spiders Named to NWL Postseason All-Star Team
- Dock Spiders Log Second Championship in Three Years
- Booyah! Fondy Advances to Pod Championship with Comeback Victory