Green Bay Sweeps Lakeshore
Ashwaubenon, WI - The Green Bay Booyah completed the two-game sweep of Lakeshore on Friday night as they defeated the Chinooks 4-1.
Green Bay trailed by a run entering the bottom half of the third inning. In the third, Cooper Morrison reached base with a single on the first pitch he saw. After Morrison took second, Blaise Maris lofted a ball over the head of third baseman Cole Barr to tie things at 1-1.
In the fourth, Jacob Buchberger lead off the inning with a single, his second of the day. Following back to back outs by Matt Morgan and Sean Meyer, Conner Goodman advanced to first on a walk. With Goodman at first and Buchberger at second, Mike Ferri picked up his 20th RBI of the season on a single into the outfield. Following Ferri, Mike Ruggiero pushed a ball into right field to score Goodman from second, putting Green Bay up 3-1. Green Bay scored their third run of the inning after Morrison singled to score Ferri from third.
The pitching staff for Green Bay dominated throughout. Starter Logan Lee picked up his third win of the season after going five innings and giving up just one earned run. Out of the bullpen, Nick Riggle grabbed his first save of the season by going four innings, striking out five Chinook batters, and allowing just four hits.
The Booyah take the road for the final time this season as they travel to Wausau to take on the Woodchucks. First pitch is set for 6:35 p.m., and Garrett Martin makes his final start of the year for Green Bay.
Capital Credit Union Park features over 1,500 free parking spots within a 5-minute walk. Visit booyahbaseball.com for details.
Images from this story
Jacob Buchberger of the Green Bay Booyah
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 9, 2019
- Stingers Win in Extra Innings - Willmar Stingers
- Eau Claire Bests Bismarck in 6-3 Victory - Eau Claire Express
- First Place Rox Fall in Series Finale to Rochester - St. Cloud Rox
- Mallards Sink Rafters 4-2 in Series Finale - Madison Mallards
- Dock Spiders Sweep Bombers in Penultimate Season Series - Battle Creek Bombers
- Green Bay Sweeps Lakeshore - Green Bay Booyah
- Rafters Rally, Fall to Mallards - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Kingfish Hang-On to Beat Woodchucks 6-5 - Kenosha Kingfish
- Open the Cages, the Zoo Is Loose - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Waterloo Falls 4-3 in Duluth - Waterloo Bucks
- Pit Spitters Down Rivets 11-7 in Front of Sell-Out Crowd - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Seven in a Row After Blowout Victory - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Woodchucks Charge Back in Eighth But Fall One Run Shy of Kenosha - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Despite 4-2 Win over Waterloo, Huskies Eliminated from Playoff Contention - Duluth Huskies
- Huskies on the brink of playoff elimination - Duluth Huskies
- Rafters Play Finale with Mallards at Home - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Game Time Update - Kenosha Kingfish
- Loggers Strike Early in 10-3 Win vs. Thunder Bay - La Crosse Loggers
- Dock Spiders Take Down Battle Creek to Extend Winning Streak to Six Games - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Express Lose Heartbreaker to Larks - Eau Claire Express
- Honkers Rock the Rox - Rochester Honkers
- Rox Hit Multiple Home Runs, Drop Close Game to Rochester - St. Cloud Rox
- Chinooks Lose Playoff Chance - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Stingers Lose to Mankato - Willmar Stingers
- Pitching Prevails in 4-2 Bucks Win - Waterloo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Green Bay Booyah Stories
- Booyah to Hold First Winter Warmup Event on January 9th
- Booyah Announce 2020 Northwoods League Schedule
- Booyah Bring Back Six Players from 2019
- Tom Carty Inks Contract for Second Season
- Booyah & Voyageurs Announce Ticket Package Pricing and Renewal Information for 2020 Season