Seven in a Row After Blowout Victory
FOND DU LAC, WI-- The Fond du Lac Dock Spiders push their win streak to seven games in a row as they blow out the Battle Creek Bombers 15-5. It was the final night game in Fond du Lac and the Dock Spiders didn't disappoint.
A four run first inning all started with an RBI single by Tim Elko (Mississippi). Kellen Sarver (Illinois) would drive in a run himself and then score on a passed ball to make it 3-0. Andy Lopez (Lenoir-Rhyne) would drive in a run on a ground out.
Three more runs by the Dock Spiders would come across in the second. An RBI single by Charlie Maxwell (Northwestern) would score another run. A sacrifice fly by Zack Prajzner (Notre Dame) would drive in yet another run.
To cap off the second inning Tate Kolwyck (Vanderbilt) drove in the seventh run of the game. Prajzner would deliver an RBI single in the third to make it 8-0.
A scary fifth inning by the Bombers after they put five runs on the board to chop the deficit to three. The Dock Spiders were quick to answer in the fifth after putting up five runs of their own.
The pitcher Jared Jones (Saint Xavier) had to bat after the designated hitter was removed and he would put together a bases loaded walk to score the first run of the inning. Kolwyck would come up next to clear the bases on a double, and then come around to score during a run down to make it 13-5.
An extra two runs came in the sixth with the RBI single by Maxwell and an error by the Bombers made it 15-5. The Bombers had no answer and leave Fond du Lac on a sweep.
It's seven in a row now as the Dock Spiders hit the road to Madison tomorrow night. First pitch at 6:05.
If the Mallards defeat the Wisconsin Rapids Rafters tonight, then the Dock Spiders move to a half game back for the final playoff spot, with two games to play.
• Discuss this story on the Northwoods League message board...
Northwoods League Stories from August 9, 2019
- Stingers Win in Extra Innings - Willmar Stingers
- Eau Claire Bests Bismarck in 6-3 Victory - Eau Claire Express
- First Place Rox Fall in Series Finale to Rochester - St. Cloud Rox
- Mallards Sink Rafters 4-2 in Series Finale - Madison Mallards
- Dock Spiders Sweep Bombers in Penultimate Season Series - Battle Creek Bombers
- Green Bay Sweeps Lakeshore - Green Bay Booyah
- Rafters Rally, Fall to Mallards - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Kingfish Hang-On to Beat Woodchucks 6-5 - Kenosha Kingfish
- Open the Cages, the Zoo Is Loose - Kalamazoo Growlers
- Waterloo Falls 4-3 in Duluth - Waterloo Bucks
- Pit Spitters Down Rivets 11-7 in Front of Sell-Out Crowd - Traverse City Pit Spitters
- Seven in a Row After Blowout Victory - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Woodchucks Charge Back in Eighth But Fall One Run Shy of Kenosha - Wisconsin Woodchucks
- Despite 4-2 Win over Waterloo, Huskies Eliminated from Playoff Contention - Duluth Huskies
- Huskies on the brink of playoff elimination - Duluth Huskies
- Rafters Play Finale with Mallards at Home - Wisconsin Rapids Rafters
- Game Time Update - Kenosha Kingfish
- Loggers Strike Early in 10-3 Win vs. Thunder Bay - La Crosse Loggers
- Dock Spiders Take Down Battle Creek to Extend Winning Streak to Six Games - Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Express Lose Heartbreaker to Larks - Eau Claire Express
- Honkers Rock the Rox - Rochester Honkers
- Rox Hit Multiple Home Runs, Drop Close Game to Rochester - St. Cloud Rox
- Chinooks Lose Playoff Chance - Lakeshore Chinooks
- Stingers Lose to Mankato - Willmar Stingers
- Pitching Prevails in 4-2 Bucks Win - Waterloo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.