Providence Bruins Forward Paul Carey Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
SPRINGFIELD, Mass - The American Hockey League announced today that Providence Bruins forward Paul Carey has been selected as the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending April 7, 2019.
Carey scored five goals and totaled eight points in three games last week for the Bruins, who closed in on a berth in the Calder Cup Playoffs.
On Friday evening, Carey paced the Providence offense with two goals and two assists as the Bruins took an 8-6 decision from Bridgeport in the front half of a home-and-home set. Carey scored twice more in Saturday's 4-3 loss to the Sound Tigers, and capped the busy weekend by scoring the game-winning goal and adding another assist as Providence defeated Utica, 3-1, on Sunday afternoon.
Acquired by the Boston Bruins in a trade with Ottawa on Jan. 11, Carey has scored 21 goals in 29 games with Providence and has totaled 26 goals and 33 assists for 59 points in 58 AHL contests between the Bruins and Belleville this season, and has also appeared in seven NHL games combined for Boston and Ottawa. The seventh-year pro and native of Weymouth, Mass., has skated in 345 career AHL contests with Providence, Belleville, Hershey and Lake Erie, notching 105 goals and 136 assists for 241 points. Originally selected by Colorado in the fifth round of the 2007 NHL Draft, Carey has eight goals and eight assists in 99 career NHL outings.
In recognition of being named the CCM/AHL Player of the Week, Carey will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Bruins home game.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 8, 2019
- Thompson, Wedgewood Lead Amerks to 2-1 Win over Monsters - Rochester Americans
- Monsters End Season Series against Amerks with 2-1 Loss - Cleveland Monsters
- Amerks Announce Home Dates for First-Round of 2019 Calder Cup Playoffs - Rochester Americans
- IceHogs Recall McArdle & Tomkins - Rockford IceHogs
- Week 27 Report: Hogs Hit Home Stretch as Winners of 2 of 3 - Rockford IceHogs
- San Diego Gulls Sign Kyle Olson to Amateur Tryout - San Diego Gulls
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: April 8 - Manitoba Moose
- Condors Fan Appreciation Night Is Saturday - Bakersfield Condors
- Admirals Host Fan Appreciation Night on Tuesday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sabres Return Three to Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Sign Pendenza, Savage to AHL Deals for 19-20 - Milwaukee Admirals
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Goaltender Eddie Pasquale to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Anaheim Ducks Assign Four to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Roadrunners 2019 Calder Cup Playoff Strips on Sale Now - Tucson Roadrunners
- Zach Frye Reassigned to Orlando - San Jose Barracuda
- Tickets for First Round of 2019 Calder Cup Playoffs on Sale Now - Syracuse Crunch
- Felix Sandstrom Assigned to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Amerks Assign Atwal to Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- Barracuda Playoff Tickets on Sale Now - San Jose Barracuda
- Providence's Paul Carey Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Comets Make Trio of Roster Moves - Utica Comets
- Providence Bruins Forward Paul Carey Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - Providence Bruins
- Wolf Pack Weekly, April 8-14 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Wolf Pack Release Matt Register from PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Bears Sign Bobby Nardella to Tryout Agreement - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Providence Bruins Stories
- P-Bruins Complete Weekend Sweep, Beat Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 3-2
- Vladar Records Shutout as P-Bruins Defeat Laval Rocket, 3-0
- P-Bruins Top Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, 4-2
- P-Bruins Earn One Point, Fall to Bridgeport Sound Tigers in Overtime, 2-1
- P-Bruins Fall to Bridgeport Sound Tigers, 4-2