Preds Assign Blackwell to Milwaukee
Milwaukee, WI - Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced Monday that the club has assigned forward Colin Blackwell to the Milwaukee Admirals.
The Admirals roster now stands as at 26 players. A current roster is attached.
Blackwell tallied 45 points (17g-28a) in 61 games with the AHL's Rochester Americans in 2017-18, the most among all forwards on the team. His 17 goals tied for second on the Americans and he led his team's forwards in assists during his second professional season.
The 5-foot-9 center made his pro debut in 2016-17 with the AHL's San Jose Barracuda and went on to record four goals and seven assists in 57 games, helping them capture the Pacific Division title and reach the Western Conference Final. Blackwell has recorded six points (4g-2a) in 18 playoff games at the AHL level, including three points (2g-1a) in three contests with the Americans last season.
Originally drafted in the seventh round (194th overall) of the 2011 NHL Draft by the San Jose Sharks, Blackwell played college hockey at Harvard University from 2011-16, posting 58 points (19g-39a) in 94 games.
The Admirals will open the season on the road against the Texas Stars on October 6th before heading to San Antonio to take on the Rampage at 7 pm on October 9.
Milwaukee will commence their home schedule on Saturday, October 13th at 6 pm against the Hershey Bears at Panther Arena. Fans can purchase tickets for the home opener by calling the Admirals office at (414) 227-0550, online at www.milwaukeeadmirals.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 1, 2018
- McArdle, Welychka Assigned to Indy - Rockford IceHogs
- Let's Get this 25th Anniversary Season Started - Chicago Wolves
- Sabres Acquire Dougherty from Predators - Rochester Americans
- McIlrath and Puempel Assigned to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Phantoms Reduce Training Camp Roster - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Comets Announce Details of Sixth Annual Galaxy Fan Fest - Utica Comets
- Sabres Assign Three to Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Rampage Weekly Report - October 1 - San Antonio Rampage
- Bears Reduce 2018 Training Camp Roster - Hershey Bears
- Wolf Pack Weekly, October 1-7 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Amerks Announce Opening Weekend Festivities - Rochester Americans
- Dawson Leedahl Reassigned to Maine of ECHL - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Condors Open Season with $2 Beers and $21 Jerseys this Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- Penguins Reduce Training Camp Roster - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Preds Assign Blackwell to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- Flames Acquire Rinat Valiev and Matt Taormina from Montreal - Stockton Heat
- AHLTV to Debut with Opening Weekend Freeview, October 5-8 - AHL
- McKenna Joins Belleville After Clearing Waivers - Belleville Senators
- Bears to Host Opening Night Red Carpet Arrival on Saturday - Hershey Bears
- Wolf Pack Sign Forward Shawn St. Amant - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Dallas Sends Pair of Goaltenders to Texas - Texas Stars
- Ontario Reign Announce Roster Moves - Ontario Reign
- Columbus Blue Jackets Announce Pair of Roster Moves - Cleveland Monsters
- Amerks Reduce Training Camp Roster by Ten - Rochester Americans
- Binghamton Devils Announce Four Roster Moves - Binghamton Devils
- Sound Tigers Announce Updated Training Camp Roster - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.