Amerks Announce Opening Weekend Festivities
(Rochester, NY) --- The Rochester Americans announced today plans for Opening Weekend, which will take place during the team's first two home games of the 2018-19 season when they host the Charlotte Checkers on back-to-back nights at The Blue Cross Arena. Both games will feature pregame Happy Hour, giveaways and special events for the whole family.
On Tuesday, Oct. 2, the Amerks coaching staff along with select players will join members of the Amerks front office staff beginning at 1:00 p.m. to deliver season tickets to fans and corporate partners throughout the Greater Rochester Area.
The following night, The Distillery, a longtime sponsor of the Amerks, will host its annual Meet the Players Party at the restaurant's Mt. Hope location on Wednesday, Oct. 3 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. as the Amerks get set to open the 2018-19 season.
Amerks head coach Chris Taylor and the players will be on hand at the event to meet fans and sign autographs. The Distillery will offer food and drink specials throughout the event, such as half-price pizzas and select appetizers. The event will also feature a special Happy Hour from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. with half-priced bottles of wine, beer specials and 2-for-1 House Margaritas while fans can spin the prize wheel for the chance to win great prizes from the Amerks and Distillery.
Mike Danger and Gene Battaglia, hosts of The Sports Bar radio show on 95.7 FM/950 AM ESPN Rochester, will broadcast live from the event from 3:00 to 6:00 p.m.
The Opening Night festivities begin with a special two-hour Party on the Patio presented by Genesee Brew House from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. on the riverside of The Blue Cross Arena prior to the Amerks 2018-19 Home Opener presented by Pepsi. The event will feature live music from Big Eyed Phish and $2 drafts of Genesee and Genesee Light for fans 21 and older. Fans will also have the chance to win some great prizes throughout the event, including a set of custom-made Amerks cornhole boards autographed by this year's team.
Pat Duffy, host of the morning radio talk show "The Break Room" on 96.5 WCMF, will be on hand to emcee the event. The doors to the general public will open at 6:00 p.m.
Fans in attendance will also receive a 2018-19 Amerks magnet schedule courtesy of Nissan. Prior to the game, there will be special pre-game introductions of this year's team on the ice.
Opening Weekend concludes with a post-game Meet and Greet with the entire team immediately following the game on Saturday, Oct. 6. Amerks team posters will be distributed as a post-game handout.
Ticket specials for Opening Night against the Checkers include the Zweigle's Family Pack. For just $79, fans will receive Lower Level tickets (some restrictions may apply), four hot dogs and four sodas. A minimum of four tickets is required in order to purchase the Zweigle's Family Pack, which is available at www.amerks.com/zweigles.
New for this season, fans can pick up an $18 ticket to a Friday night Amerks home game as well as a complimentary voucher for any Wednesday home game this season when they stop by any participating Wendy's location.
The popular Eats and Seats package is also available for both games during Opening Weekend, featuring one Lower Level ticket and a $10 gift card to The Distillery for only $25. Fans can purchase the Eats and Seats package by visiting www.amerks.com/distillery.
Kids Tickets for ages 2-6 are also available for just $10 for every Amerks home game this season.
Fans are also reminded of the new security measures in place beginning this season at The Blue Cross Arena at the Rochester War Memorial. Under the new security changes, the downtown Rochester venue will now be a smoke-free facility. In becoming a smoke-free facility, there will no longer be designated smoking areas on arena property and fans will not be permitted to smoke on the grounds during any games or events. This also includes the use of electronic tobacco products (including e-cigarettes, Nicotine inhalers, etc.).
The Blue Cross Arena at the Rochester War Memorial will also begin to employ the use of metal detectors upon entry, where all patrons will be subject to hand-held metal detector screenings for all events at the venue.
In addition, The Blue Cross Arena at the Rochester War Memorial will be enforcing a restriction on bags entering the building. Only personal bags, such as medical and/or diaper bags and purses, will be permitted in the venue. All personal bags must be inspected upon entry. Bags should be soft-sided and must completely fit under your seat without blocking the aisle. Backpacks, coolers, duffel bags and briefcases are strictly prohibited.
Amerks 2018-19 Season Ticket Memberships, which start as low as just $12 per game, are on-sale now. Full-season ticket member benefits include, but are not limited to, Riverside Club VIP Room access with Amerks Alumni, family meet and greet and annual Skate with the Players event, an exclusive preseason Ice Breaker Party and Chalk Talk with the Amerks coaching staff, your very own Season Ticket Member ID and Discount Card and much more. For more information, visit www.amerks.com/seasontickets or call 1-855-GO-AMERKS.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 1, 2018
- McArdle, Welychka Assigned to Indy - Rockford IceHogs
- Let's Get this 25th Anniversary Season Started - Chicago Wolves
- Sabres Acquire Dougherty from Predators - Rochester Americans
- McIlrath and Puempel Assigned to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Phantoms Reduce Training Camp Roster - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Comets Announce Details of Sixth Annual Galaxy Fan Fest - Utica Comets
- Sabres Assign Three to Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Rampage Weekly Report - October 1 - San Antonio Rampage
- Bears Reduce 2018 Training Camp Roster - Hershey Bears
- Wolf Pack Weekly, October 1-7 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Amerks Announce Opening Weekend Festivities - Rochester Americans
- Dawson Leedahl Reassigned to Maine of ECHL - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Condors Open Season with $2 Beers and $21 Jerseys this Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- Penguins Reduce Training Camp Roster - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Preds Assign Blackwell to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- Flames Acquire Rinat Valiev and Matt Taormina from Montreal - Stockton Heat
- AHLTV to Debut with Opening Weekend Freeview, October 5-8 - AHL
- McKenna Joins Belleville After Clearing Waivers - Belleville Senators
- Bears to Host Opening Night Red Carpet Arrival on Saturday - Hershey Bears
- Wolf Pack Sign Forward Shawn St. Amant - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Dallas Sends Pair of Goaltenders to Texas - Texas Stars
- Ontario Reign Announce Roster Moves - Ontario Reign
- Columbus Blue Jackets Announce Pair of Roster Moves - Cleveland Monsters
- Amerks Reduce Training Camp Roster by Ten - Rochester Americans
- Binghamton Devils Announce Four Roster Moves - Binghamton Devils
- Sound Tigers Announce Updated Training Camp Roster - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rochester Americans Stories
- Amerks Pull off Wild Comeback, Stun Comets in Overtime for Fourth Straight Win
- Sabres Recall O'Regan, Wilson
- Goaltender Jonas Johansson Undergoes Successful Season-Ending Surgery
- Redmond's Return Powers Amerks to 4-2 Win over Monsters
- Amerks to Deliver Coffee and Donuts to Local Firehouses and Police Stations Thursday Afternoon