Bears to Host Opening Night Red Carpet Arrival on Saturday
(Hershey, PA) - A new season kicks off for the Hershey Bears on Saturday, and the club will be arriving to Opening Night in grand style. The Bears are inviting fans to join them for an Opening Night Red Carpet Arrival prior to the team's first game of the season on Saturday, Oct. 6 at Giant Center.
"We're rolling out the red carpet for Opening Night on Saturday and we want all of our fans to be part of this special event," said Hershey's vice president of hockey operations, Bryan Helmer. "We're very excited to start the season, and with so many new faces on our roster, we wanted to give our fans an opportunity to meet these guys and provide them encouragement before they take the ice."
Festivities start at 3 p.m. outside of the Giant Center. Musical entertainment will be provided, and food, drinks, and beer will be available from the food trucks on site. The Hershey Sports Store will be open, featuring a first-look at new merchandise for the 2018-19 season.
At 4 p.m., all eyes will be on the red carpet outside the main entrance of Giant Center as members of the Bears arrive for the first game of the season. Players will be introduced, and fans will have the opportunity to get autographs and pictures with players as they walk the red carpet.
Saturday's Opening Night features Hershey hosting the Syracuse Crunch at 7 p.m. That evening is a Hersheypark Pass Night for all fans, featuring a one-day admission to Hersheypark valid through July 31, 2019. The first 8,000 fans will also receive a magnet schedule, courtesy of PNC Bank. Tickets are available, but are going quickly. Tickets may be purchased at the Giant Center Box Office, by calling 717-534-3911, and online at Ticketmaster.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from October 1, 2018
- McArdle, Welychka Assigned to Indy - Rockford IceHogs
- Let's Get this 25th Anniversary Season Started - Chicago Wolves
- Sabres Acquire Dougherty from Predators - Rochester Americans
- McIlrath and Puempel Assigned to Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Phantoms Reduce Training Camp Roster - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Comets Announce Details of Sixth Annual Galaxy Fan Fest - Utica Comets
- Sabres Assign Three to Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Rampage Weekly Report - October 1 - San Antonio Rampage
- Bears Reduce 2018 Training Camp Roster - Hershey Bears
- Wolf Pack Weekly, October 1-7 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Amerks Announce Opening Weekend Festivities - Rochester Americans
- Dawson Leedahl Reassigned to Maine of ECHL - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Condors Open Season with $2 Beers and $21 Jerseys this Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- Penguins Reduce Training Camp Roster - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Preds Assign Blackwell to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- Flames Acquire Rinat Valiev and Matt Taormina from Montreal - Stockton Heat
- AHLTV to Debut with Opening Weekend Freeview, October 5-8 - AHL
- McKenna Joins Belleville After Clearing Waivers - Belleville Senators
- Bears to Host Opening Night Red Carpet Arrival on Saturday - Hershey Bears
- Wolf Pack Sign Forward Shawn St. Amant - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Dallas Sends Pair of Goaltenders to Texas - Texas Stars
- Ontario Reign Announce Roster Moves - Ontario Reign
- Columbus Blue Jackets Announce Pair of Roster Moves - Cleveland Monsters
- Amerks Reduce Training Camp Roster by Ten - Rochester Americans
- Binghamton Devils Announce Four Roster Moves - Binghamton Devils
- Sound Tigers Announce Updated Training Camp Roster - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hershey Bears Stories
- Capitals Re-Assign Goaltender Ilya Samsonov to Hershey
- Vanecek Shuts out Bridgeport, Series Tied 1-1
- Capitals Recall Goaltender Ilya Samsonov from Hershey
- Game Preview: Bears at Sound Tigers, 7 p.m. - Atlantic Division Semifinals Game 2
- Bears Drop Game 1 in Double Overtime to Sound Tigers