Phantoms Power Play
3 Stars of the Week:
Mike Hunterbrinker has been rolling recently, first he scored the shootout winner on his first AHL shootout attempt to give the Phantoms a 3-2 victory against Rochester on Saturday, January 19. He then potted his first AHL goal as the lone tally for Lehigh Valley in a 2-1 overtime loss in Wilkes-Barre on Monday.
Alex Lyon stood on his head to earn the Phantoms two points on Saturday against the Rochester Americans. Lyon faced 51 shots and made 49 saves, both regular season career-highs for the third year netminder. His 49 saves were also the most ever at PPL Canter and the second-most in Lehigh Valley Phantoms history.
Bet On Bunnaman
Connor Bunnaman set a new personal career-high and Phantoms season-high mark scoring goals in four straight games from January 13 - January 19. He also set a new career-best with a six game points streak, extending back to January 6. Bunnaman has notched 15 of his 18 points since December 7.
Phantoms On The Ice:
Wednesday, January 16, 2019 -
LV Phantoms 3, Springfield Thunderbirds 1
The Phantoms earned the first home win of 2019 on Wednesday with a 3-1 victory over the Springfield Thunderbirds at PPL Center. Taylor Leier, Connor Bunnaman, and Mike Vecchione all scored for Lehigh Valley in their final meeting with Springfield this season.
Friday, January 18, 2019 -
LV Phantoms 5, Hartford Wolf Pack 6 (OT)
Lehigh Valley earned a point but fell to the Wolf Pack in overtime at the XL Center in Hartford. Colin McDonald and Mikhail Vorobyev both registered three point nights, and Justin Bailey tallied two points in his Phantoms debut.
Saturday, January 19, 2019 -
LV Phantoms 3, Rochester Americans 2 (SO)
The Phantoms earned the two points on Saturday against Rochester, despite being doubled up on shots 25-51. Alex Lyon made a career-high 49 saves for the Phantoms and Mike Huntebrinker scored the shootout winner in his first AHL shootout attempt.
Monday, January 21, 2019 -
LV Phantoms 1, W-B/Scranton Penguins 2 (OT)
The Phantoms went to overtime for the third game in a row, but eventually fell to the Penguins 2-1. Anthony Stolarz made 44 saves for Lehigh Valley and Mike Huntebrinker scored his first AHL goal in the third period.
Wednesday, January 23, 2019
Vs. Hershey Bears - PPL Center
The Lehigh Valley Phantoms will take on the Hershey Bears for the 8th of 12 meetings between the two Keystone State rivals. The Phantoms are currently 4-3 against the Bears this year, including 3-1 inside PPL Center. Hershey currently sits 7th in the Atlantic Division with 42 points, while Lehigh Valley sits 3rd with 49 points.
Friday, January 25, 2019
Vs. Laval Rocket - PPL Center
Lehigh Valley will take on the Laval Rocket for the first and only time at PPL Center this season on Friday, January 25. The Phantoms previously defeated the Rocket 3-2 in overtime as Nic Aube-Kubel scored the game winner for Lehigh Valley. NASCAR Drivers Timmy Hill and Josh Reaume, as well as both of their race cars. PROMOTION: Racing Night
Saturday, January 26, 2019
Vs. Bridgeport Sound Tigers - Webster Bank Arena
The Phantoms will head into the all-star break after a clash with the Bridgeport Sound Tigers in Connecticut. Lehigh Valley is 1-0-1 this season against the Sound Tigers with a victory in the home opener, and a shootout loss in Bridgeport.
Phantoms In The Community:
The Lehigh Valley Phantoms 2019 Bully Busters Unite Program made visits to Alburtis Elementary School in Alburtis, PA on Thursday, January 17 and Calypso Elementary school on Tuesday, January 22, 2019. The Phantoms' mascot, MeLVin visited with the kids and helped to teach them some helpful tips for dealing with situations of bullying.
To book your school for Bully Busters, please email email@example.com.
Service Electric's TV2 Sports will again be broadcasting all of the Phantoms' regular season home games live during the 2018-19 season. If you can't make it out to the rink, be sure to catch all the exciting action in high definition with Steve Degler, Todd Fedoruk, Doug Heater, Dan Fremuth and Kristi Fulkerson!
And be sure to catch each and every Phantoms game this season live on 1470-AM WSAN, 790-AM WAEB or via the Phantoms365 app! Join the Voice of the Phantoms, Bob Rotruck, for all of the heart-pumping action of Lehigh Valley Phantoms hockey whether the team is at home or on the road.
TICKETS & INFO
Tickets for each and every Phantoms home game throughout the 2018-19 season are available online at pplcenter.com, by calling 610-347-TIXX  or in-person at the QNB Box Office [7th & Hamilton].
Images from this story
Lehigh Valley Phantoms goaltender Alex Lyon
Lehigh Valley Phantoms forward Connor Bunnaman
Lehigh Valley Phantoms center Mike Vecchione
Lehigh Valley Phantoms left wing Greg Carey against the Bridgeport Sound Tigers
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 22, 2019
- Admirals Dominate Rampage in Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Brandon Pirri Bobblehead Night Set for February 2 - Chicago Wolves
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Graves Recalled by Avalanche, Lindholm Returns to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Barracuda Set to Become the Kentucky Thoroughblades on February 2nd - San Jose Barracuda
- Purchase Condors Tickets for Local Cancer Organizations - Bakersfield Condors
- Defenseman John Nyberg Reassigned from Idaho - Texas Stars
- Week 16 Report: Road Woes End as Hogs Win One of Four - Rockford IceHogs
- Less Than 100 Tickets Left for Senators Game against Toronto Saturday Night - Belleville Senators
- Sean Walker and Austin Wagner Rejoin Reign - Ontario Reign
- Bears Weekly: Five-Game Win Streak Has Hershey Rolling - Hershey Bears
- Wolf Pack Weekly, January 22-27 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Cracknell - San Diego Gulls
- Falk Reassigned to Belleville After Clearing Waivers - Belleville Senators
- First-Place Griffins Conclude Homestand against Moose, Barracuda - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: January 22 - Manitoba Moose
- Weekly: As All-Star Break Approaches, Penguins Travel to Bridgeport and Binghamton - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- A Look Back at the Legendary Belleville McFarland's - Belleville Senators
- Syracuse Crunch Loan Goaltender Martin Ouellette to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Florida Panthers Loan Three Players to Springfield (AHL) - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Barracuda Lose Seesaw Battle 6-5 in Overtime - San Jose Barracuda
- Rockford Unable to Overcome Early Deficit in Monday Matinee - Rockford IceHogs
- Condors Work Overtime for Fifth Straight Win, 6-5 - Bakersfield Condors
- Ouellet Lifts Laval to 4-3 Overtime Victory over Springfield - Laval Rocket
- Roadrunners Respond, Rally to Defeat Texas by a 6-3 Count - Tucson Roadrunners
- Minnesota Wild Reassigns Defenseman Louie Belpedio to Iowa - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.