Sean Walker and Austin Wagner Rejoin Reign
ONTARIO, CA - The Los Angeles Kings, NHL affiliate of the Ontario Reign, have assigned forward Austin Wagner and defenseman Sean Walker to Ontario. Additionally, forward Sam Kurker and defenseman Craig Wyszomirski have been released from their PTO's with the Reign.
The 21-year-old Wagner (born June 23, 1997) is a 6-1, 185-pound native of Calgary, Alberta who has appeared in 34 games during his rookie season with the Kings, collecting nine points (4-5-9) and eight penalty minutes. He made his NHL debut on Oct. 5 vs. San Jose and scored his first career NHL goal on Nov. 21 vs. Colorado. He returns to Ontario where he has collected three goals (3-0-3) and four penalty minutes in seven AHL games this season.
The 24-year-old Walker (born Nov. 13, 1994) is a 5-11, 196-pound native of Keswick, Ontario who has appeared in 19 games during his rookie season with the Kings. He tallied his first career NHL point (an assist) in his first career NHL game on Oct. 23 at Dallas, and his first career NHL goal at Colorado on Dec. 31. Walker has three points (1-2-3) and two penalty minutes with the Kings this season, in addition to 17 points (6-11-17) and 18 penalty minutes in 20 AHL games this season. Walker is slated to represent the Reign at the 2019 AHL All-Star Classic in Springfield, MA this coming weekend.
The Ontario Reign are in the midst of their 2018-19 season, their fourth as members of the American Hockey League. For more information regarding upcoming home games, promotions and ticket offers, visit http://www.ontarioreign.com/schedule/, and to secure your seats with a Reign ticket plan, call 909.941.7825 or visit OntarioReign.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 22, 2019
- Admirals Dominate Rampage in Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Brandon Pirri Bobblehead Night Set for February 2 - Chicago Wolves
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Graves Recalled by Avalanche, Lindholm Returns to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Barracuda Set to Become the Kentucky Thoroughblades on February 2nd - San Jose Barracuda
- Purchase Condors Tickets for Local Cancer Organizations - Bakersfield Condors
- Defenseman John Nyberg Reassigned from Idaho - Texas Stars
- Week 16 Report: Road Woes End as Hogs Win One of Four - Rockford IceHogs
- Less Than 100 Tickets Left for Senators Game against Toronto Saturday Night - Belleville Senators
- Sean Walker and Austin Wagner Rejoin Reign - Ontario Reign
- Bears Weekly: Five-Game Win Streak Has Hershey Rolling - Hershey Bears
- Wolf Pack Weekly, January 22-27 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Cracknell - San Diego Gulls
- Falk Reassigned to Belleville After Clearing Waivers - Belleville Senators
- First-Place Griffins Conclude Homestand against Moose, Barracuda - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: January 22 - Manitoba Moose
- Weekly: As All-Star Break Approaches, Penguins Travel to Bridgeport and Binghamton - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- A Look Back at the Legendary Belleville McFarland's - Belleville Senators
- Syracuse Crunch Loan Goaltender Martin Ouellette to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Florida Panthers Loan Three Players to Springfield (AHL) - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Barracuda Lose Seesaw Battle 6-5 in Overtime - San Jose Barracuda
- Rockford Unable to Overcome Early Deficit in Monday Matinee - Rockford IceHogs
- Condors Work Overtime for Fifth Straight Win, 6-5 - Bakersfield Condors
- Ouellet Lifts Laval to 4-3 Overtime Victory over Springfield - Laval Rocket
- Roadrunners Respond, Rally to Defeat Texas by a 6-3 Count - Tucson Roadrunners
- Minnesota Wild Reassigns Defenseman Louie Belpedio to Iowa - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.