Barracuda Set to Become the Kentucky Thoroughblades on February 2nd
SAN JOSE - The San Jose Barracuda (@SJBarracuda), proud American Hockey League (@TheAHL) affiliate of the National Hockey League's (@NHL) San Jose Sharks (@SanJoseSharks), continue honoring the history of the Sharks primary affiliates on February 2nd at 1:15 p.m. as part of a five-game throwback series presented by Meriwest Credit Union (@Meriwest). The Barracuda will become the Kentucky Thoroughblades for the afternoon, Sharks affiliate from 1996 to 2001.
The game will feature complete rebranding on social media and within SAP Center at San Jose and the team will wear throwback Kentucky Thoroughblades jerseys during the game.
Various alumni from the era will be honored throughout the game, including Evgeni Nabokov, Johan Hedberg, Mark Smith and Dan Boyle.
February 2nd is the fourth of five throwback games, honoring the Sharks affiliate history. The Barracuda will wrap up the throwback series on Feb 18th for Orange You Glad You Did Day when the Barracuda bring back their orange alternate sweater for the one and only time this season and the first 4,000 fans will receive a replica orange Barracuda jersey upon arrival to SAP Center. For more information on the remaining throwback games, visit sjbarracuda.com/promotions.
February 2nd is a #HockeyDayInSanJose doubleheader as the Sharks will take on the Arizona Coyotes (7:30 p.m.) following the Barracuda's afternoon matchup with the Stockton Heat.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 22, 2019
- Admirals Dominate Rampage in Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Brandon Pirri Bobblehead Night Set for February 2 - Chicago Wolves
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Graves Recalled by Avalanche, Lindholm Returns to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Barracuda Set to Become the Kentucky Thoroughblades on February 2nd - San Jose Barracuda
- Purchase Condors Tickets for Local Cancer Organizations - Bakersfield Condors
- Defenseman John Nyberg Reassigned from Idaho - Texas Stars
- Week 16 Report: Road Woes End as Hogs Win One of Four - Rockford IceHogs
- Less Than 100 Tickets Left for Senators Game against Toronto Saturday Night - Belleville Senators
- Sean Walker and Austin Wagner Rejoin Reign - Ontario Reign
- Bears Weekly: Five-Game Win Streak Has Hershey Rolling - Hershey Bears
- Wolf Pack Weekly, January 22-27 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Cracknell - San Diego Gulls
- Falk Reassigned to Belleville After Clearing Waivers - Belleville Senators
- First-Place Griffins Conclude Homestand against Moose, Barracuda - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: January 22 - Manitoba Moose
- Weekly: As All-Star Break Approaches, Penguins Travel to Bridgeport and Binghamton - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- A Look Back at the Legendary Belleville McFarland's - Belleville Senators
- Syracuse Crunch Loan Goaltender Martin Ouellette to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Florida Panthers Loan Three Players to Springfield (AHL) - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Barracuda Lose Seesaw Battle 6-5 in Overtime - San Jose Barracuda
- Rockford Unable to Overcome Early Deficit in Monday Matinee - Rockford IceHogs
- Condors Work Overtime for Fifth Straight Win, 6-5 - Bakersfield Condors
- Ouellet Lifts Laval to 4-3 Overtime Victory over Springfield - Laval Rocket
- Roadrunners Respond, Rally to Defeat Texas by a 6-3 Count - Tucson Roadrunners
- Minnesota Wild Reassigns Defenseman Louie Belpedio to Iowa - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Jose Barracuda Stories
- San Jose Barracuda Reveal 5th Anniversary Team
- Barracuda Erase Two-Goal Deficit, Beat Condors 4-3
- Barracuda Return Home, Cruise Past Gulls 5-1
- San Jose Barracuda Set to Debut Brand New Promotions During Its October 11th Home Opener
- Barracuda Shutout 5-0 in Season-Opener at Ontario