Admirals Dominate Rampage in Win
Milwaukee, WI - Led by a hat trick from Anthony Richard, the Admirals offense exploded for a season-high seven goals as they kicked off a nine-game homestand with a 7-3 win over the San Antonio Rampage on Tuesday night at Panther Arena.
It was the first hat trick of the season for the Admirals and the first one of his career for Richard. The first of his trifecta came less than five minutes into the game when he jumped on a rebound of a Yakov Trenin shot. On his second came at the 8:47 mark of the first then he grabbed a puck out of midair, passed it to himself, and then fired a wrister over the shoulder of Rampage goalie Jared Coreau. He finished off the hatty with power-play marker at 14:44 of the second period.
Trenin finished the night with two goals and two assists and, along with Richard (3g-1a), became the first Ads player to record four points in a game since March 23, 2017 when Mike Ribeiro did it against the Manitoba Moose.
The Admirals also picked up goals from Cole Schneider and Eeli Tolvanen, while Joe Pendenza, and Emil Pettersson both dished out a pair of assists. Since being shutout by Grand Rapids on Saturday night Milwaukee has scored 11 times in a pair of wins.
Named to the AHL All-Star game last week, Brookfield native Troy Grosenick stopped 20 shots to run his record to 13-8-1 on the season.
The Admirals continue their nine-game homestand when they play host to the Manitoba Moose on Friday night in FM106/Coors Light Country Music Night, featuring a post-game concert with country music star Brett Young.
Fans can purchase tickets by calling the Admirals office at (414) 227-0550, or online at www.milwaukeeadmirals.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 22, 2019
- Admirals Dominate Rampage in Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Brandon Pirri Bobblehead Night Set for February 2 - Chicago Wolves
- Phantoms Power Play - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Graves Recalled by Avalanche, Lindholm Returns to Eagles - Colorado Eagles
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Barracuda Set to Become the Kentucky Thoroughblades on February 2nd - San Jose Barracuda
- Purchase Condors Tickets for Local Cancer Organizations - Bakersfield Condors
- Defenseman John Nyberg Reassigned from Idaho - Texas Stars
- Week 16 Report: Road Woes End as Hogs Win One of Four - Rockford IceHogs
- Less Than 100 Tickets Left for Senators Game against Toronto Saturday Night - Belleville Senators
- Sean Walker and Austin Wagner Rejoin Reign - Ontario Reign
- Bears Weekly: Five-Game Win Streak Has Hershey Rolling - Hershey Bears
- Wolf Pack Weekly, January 22-27 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Cracknell - San Diego Gulls
- Falk Reassigned to Belleville After Clearing Waivers - Belleville Senators
- First-Place Griffins Conclude Homestand against Moose, Barracuda - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: January 22 - Manitoba Moose
- Weekly: As All-Star Break Approaches, Penguins Travel to Bridgeport and Binghamton - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- A Look Back at the Legendary Belleville McFarland's - Belleville Senators
- Syracuse Crunch Loan Goaltender Martin Ouellette to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Florida Panthers Loan Three Players to Springfield (AHL) - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Barracuda Lose Seesaw Battle 6-5 in Overtime - San Jose Barracuda
- Rockford Unable to Overcome Early Deficit in Monday Matinee - Rockford IceHogs
- Condors Work Overtime for Fifth Straight Win, 6-5 - Bakersfield Condors
- Ouellet Lifts Laval to 4-3 Overtime Victory over Springfield - Laval Rocket
- Roadrunners Respond, Rally to Defeat Texas by a 6-3 Count - Tucson Roadrunners
- Minnesota Wild Reassigns Defenseman Louie Belpedio to Iowa - Iowa Wild
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.