P-Bruins Sign Two To Tryouts
Providence, RI - The Providence Bruins, in their 18th year in the American Hockey League, announced that they have signed forward Olivier Labelle to a Professional Tryout Agreement and forward Devin Timberlake to an Amateur Tryout Agreement. With the moves, the P-Bruins have 27 players on their roster, including 16 forwards, nine defensemen and two goaltenders.
Labelle, 24, joins Providence from the ECHL's Reading Royals, where he had 39 points in 52 games this season. The fourth-year pro ranks tied for first in goals for the Royals at 23, fifth in scoring and first in penalty minutes with 152. Labelle has chipped in with eight multiple-point games this year, as well as four four-game point-streaks.
In his professional career, Labelle has appeared in 272 games between the regular season and playoffs, totaling 174 points (85g, 89a) and 691 PIM as a member of six different squads. The undrafted native of St. Eustache, Quebec has enjoyed AHL time with the Syracuse Crunch, Bridgeport Sound Tigers and Manitoba Moose, along with ECHL stints with Reading, the Utah Grizzlies and Victoria Salmon Kings. Prior to turning pro in 2006-07, Labelle played four seasons in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League from 2002-06 with the Hull Olympiques, Gatineau Olympiques and Acadie-Bathurst Titan.
Timberlake, 24, recently finished his senior season with the Brown University Bears, where he appeared in all 37 of the team's games with a career-best 20 assists and 25 points. The undrafted right wing had four multi-point contests and an eight-game point-streak this season. Over his four seasons at Brown from 2006-10, the Port Alberni, British Columbia, native suited up for 110 games with 61 points (19g, 42a) and 146 PIM.
Providence is back in action with two games this weekend, both at the Dunkin' Donuts Center. The P-Bruins host the Portland Pirates tonight at 7:05 p.m. for Visor Night with visors free to the first 2,000 fans in attendance. After a rare Saturday off, Providence welcomes the Manchester Monarchs into The Dunk on Sunday at 4:05 p.m. for a Family Game. Fans can buy one ticket, hot dog and soda for one low price. To purchase 2009-10 Flex Tix or individual game tickets, please call the P-Bruins ticket office at (401) 273-5000 or log on to the team website at www.providencebruins.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 26, 2010
- Bulldogs ice the Heat - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Aeros End Skid, Defeat Monsters 3-2 in Overtime - Houston Aeros
- Rockford and Toldeo extend affiliation agreement - Rockford IceHogs
- Griffins Continue Surge With 6-3 Win Over Admirals - Grand Rapids Griffins
- IceHogs finish season series 5-3-1-1 against the Rivermen - Rockford IceHogs
- IceHogs Outburst Sinks Rivermen - Peoria Rivermen
- Stars sink Wolves in shootout - Texas Stars
- Wolves fall to Texas in 4-3 shootout - Chicago Wolves
- Lawson stops 38-of-42 shots on goal; Haskins scores 10th tally - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Phantoms Grab Point In 3-2 Shootout Loss To Hartford - Adirondack Phantoms
- Slow start dooms Amerks in 4-3 loss to B-Sens - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Power Past Admirals, Leave Norfolk With Third Place - Norfolk Admirals
- Devils Topple Falcons in Marathon Shootout, 4-3 - Albany Devils
- Crunch End Four-Game Skid with 4-0 Win - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Earn Another Point On The Road - Springfield Falcons
- P-Bruins Fall To Pirates 2-0 - Providence Bruins
- Sharks clinch playoff spot but fall to Bears 7-2 - Worcester Sharks
- B-Sens escape Rochester with 4-3 win - Binghamton Senators
- Lamoureux Leads Pirates To Shutout Victory - Portland Pirates
- The B-Sens In Your Community From March 26 Through April 1 - Binghamton Senators
- Thrashers Send For Stapleton - Chicago Wolves
- Crunch Sign Right Wing Alex Curran - Syracuse Crunch
- Loktionov Returns To Monarchs Line-Up - Manchester Monarchs
- P-Bruins Release Jody Pederson - Providence Bruins
- Texas Stars Sign Cody Chupp To ATO - Texas Stars
- New York Rangers Recall Parenteau And Eriksson From Wolf Pack - Connecticut Whale
- Hamilton's Calder Cup Hero Joins Broadcast Team As Guest Colour Commentator - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Crunch Announce Details Of NAPA NASCAR Night With Special Guest Martin Truex, Jr. - Syracuse Crunch
- Rampage Sign Staal To ATO, Reassign Weston To Las Vegas - San Antonio Rampage
- Moose Sign McGinnis To PTO - Manitoba Moose
- Hurricanes Reassign Justin Peters To Albany - Albany River Rats
- AHL Announces Suspension - AHL
- McDonald Honored For Community Work - Springfield Falcons
- Minnesota Wild Reassigns Cody Almond To Houston - Houston Aeros
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- MVP Health Care "KidPower" Essay Winner Announced - Albany River Rats
- Game Night: Amerks Host B-Sens At Blue Cross Arena - Rochester Americans
- Moose Sign Aaron Volpatti To ATO - Manitoba Moose
- Bears Sign Rome And Ferguson - Hershey Bears
- P-Bruins Sign Two To Tryouts - Providence Bruins
- Griffins Claim 3-2 Victory In Milwaukee - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Big Crowds, Big Home Games For Griffins This Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Edged Out By Grand Rapids - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.