New York Rangers Recall Parenteau And Eriksson From Wolf Pack
New York, March 26, 2010 - New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that forward P.A. Parenteau and defenseman Anders Eriksson have been recalled from the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League (AHL).
Parenteau, 27, notched two goals, including the overtime game-winner, in a 4-3 win vs. Providence on Sunday, and has registered nine points (four goals and five assists) in six games since returning from injury on March 10 at Worcester. He has recorded 20 goals and 25 assists for 45 points, along with 63 penalty minutes and a plus-15 rating in 35 games with Hartford this season. He leads the Wolf Pack in plus/minus rating, ranks second in points, third in goals and fifth in assists. He is also tied for second on the team with eight power play goals on the season. Parenteau has recorded 15 multi-point performances and five games with three-or-more points, including two hat tricks on February 28 at Lowell and October 10 vs. Springfield. He posted a season-high eight-game point streak from October 23 at Adirondack to December 18 vs. Toronto, registering 15 points (six goals and nine assists) over the span. In addition, Parenteau has skated in 14 games with the Rangers this season, registering one goal and four points. He tallied his first career NHL goal in his Rangers debut on October 28 at the NY Islanders, and recorded his first NHL multi-point performance with two assists on November 23 against Columbus. Last season, Parenteau finished ninth in the AHL in points with 29 goals and 78 points, and was named a First-Team AHL All-Star.
The Hull, Quebec native was acquired by the Rangers from the Chicago Blackhawks on October 11, 2007, in exchange for a conditional draft pick. He was originally Anaheim's ninth round selection, 264th overall, in the 2001 NHL Entry Draft.
Eriksson, 35, has registered three assists in eight games with Hartford since being acquired by the Rangers on March 3 from the Phoenix Coyotes in exchange for goaltender Miika Wiikman and a seventh round selection in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. He has appeared in 18 AHL games with the San Antonio Rampage and Hartford this season, registering one goal and six assists, along with six penalty minutes and a plus-two rating. In addition, he has registered three assists in 12 games with Phoenix this season, after signing with the Coyotes as an unrestricted free agent on December 21. He tallied three assists and a plus-two rating in his first seven games with Phoenix, from December 21 vs. Columbus to January 5 at Edmonton.
The Bollnas, Sweden native was originally Detroit's first round selection, 22nd overall, in the 1993 NHL Entry Draft.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 26, 2010
- Bulldogs ice the Heat - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Aeros End Skid, Defeat Monsters 3-2 in Overtime - Houston Aeros
- Rockford and Toldeo extend affiliation agreement - Rockford IceHogs
- Griffins Continue Surge With 6-3 Win Over Admirals - Grand Rapids Griffins
- IceHogs finish season series 5-3-1-1 against the Rivermen - Rockford IceHogs
- IceHogs Outburst Sinks Rivermen - Peoria Rivermen
- Stars sink Wolves in shootout - Texas Stars
- Wolves fall to Texas in 4-3 shootout - Chicago Wolves
- Lawson stops 38-of-42 shots on goal; Haskins scores 10th tally - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Phantoms Grab Point In 3-2 Shootout Loss To Hartford - Adirondack Phantoms
- Slow start dooms Amerks in 4-3 loss to B-Sens - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Power Past Admirals, Leave Norfolk With Third Place - Norfolk Admirals
- Devils Topple Falcons in Marathon Shootout, 4-3 - Albany Devils
- Crunch End Four-Game Skid with 4-0 Win - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Earn Another Point On The Road - Springfield Falcons
- P-Bruins Fall To Pirates 2-0 - Providence Bruins
- Sharks clinch playoff spot but fall to Bears 7-2 - Worcester Sharks
- B-Sens escape Rochester with 4-3 win - Binghamton Senators
- Lamoureux Leads Pirates To Shutout Victory - Portland Pirates
- The B-Sens In Your Community From March 26 Through April 1 - Binghamton Senators
- Thrashers Send For Stapleton - Chicago Wolves
- Crunch Sign Right Wing Alex Curran - Syracuse Crunch
- Loktionov Returns To Monarchs Line-Up - Manchester Monarchs
- P-Bruins Release Jody Pederson - Providence Bruins
- Texas Stars Sign Cody Chupp To ATO - Texas Stars
- New York Rangers Recall Parenteau And Eriksson From Wolf Pack - Connecticut Whale
- Hamilton's Calder Cup Hero Joins Broadcast Team As Guest Colour Commentator - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Crunch Announce Details Of NAPA NASCAR Night With Special Guest Martin Truex, Jr. - Syracuse Crunch
- Rampage Sign Staal To ATO, Reassign Weston To Las Vegas - San Antonio Rampage
- Moose Sign McGinnis To PTO - Manitoba Moose
- Hurricanes Reassign Justin Peters To Albany - Albany River Rats
- AHL Announces Suspension - AHL
- McDonald Honored For Community Work - Springfield Falcons
- Minnesota Wild Reassigns Cody Almond To Houston - Houston Aeros
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- MVP Health Care "KidPower" Essay Winner Announced - Albany River Rats
- Game Night: Amerks Host B-Sens At Blue Cross Arena - Rochester Americans
- Moose Sign Aaron Volpatti To ATO - Manitoba Moose
- Bears Sign Rome And Ferguson - Hershey Bears
- P-Bruins Sign Two To Tryouts - Providence Bruins
- Griffins Claim 3-2 Victory In Milwaukee - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Big Crowds, Big Home Games For Griffins This Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Edged Out By Grand Rapids - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.