Loktionov Returns To Monarchs Line-Up
LOS ANGELES, CA - The Los Angeles Kings, the parent club of the Manchester Monarchs, have activated forward Andrei Loktionov from the injured reserve list and have assigned him to the Monarchs, Kings President/General Manager Dean Lombardi announced today.
Loktionov, 19, made his Kings/NHL debut on November 25 in Edmonton after being recalled by the Kings from Manchester on November 23. During the game, he suffered an upper-body injury and he was placed on the injured reserve list on November 26. The 18th teenager to play for the Kings all-time, he has missed 47 games with the Kings since the injury.
At the time of his recall, Loktionov was Manchester's team leader with 17 points and 11 assists in 20 games. The 17 points ranked tied for third among AHL rookies while his 11 assists were second among AHL freshmen. He also has a plus-six rating in this his first professional season.
The 5-10, 179-pound Loktionov is from Voskresensk, Russia. He was selected by the Kings in the fifth round (123rd overall) of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
The Monarchs host the Bridgeport Sound Tigers at the Verizon Wireless Arena on Friday, March 26 at 7:30 p.m. Catch all of the play-by-play action of Monarchs hockey with Ken Cail on the Monarchs Radio Network WGAM 900/1250 AM and at www.manchestermonarchs.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 26, 2010
- Bulldogs ice the Heat - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Aeros End Skid, Defeat Monsters 3-2 in Overtime - Houston Aeros
- Rockford and Toldeo extend affiliation agreement - Rockford IceHogs
- Griffins Continue Surge With 6-3 Win Over Admirals - Grand Rapids Griffins
- IceHogs finish season series 5-3-1-1 against the Rivermen - Rockford IceHogs
- IceHogs Outburst Sinks Rivermen - Peoria Rivermen
- Stars sink Wolves in shootout - Texas Stars
- Wolves fall to Texas in 4-3 shootout - Chicago Wolves
- Lawson stops 38-of-42 shots on goal; Haskins scores 10th tally - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Phantoms Grab Point In 3-2 Shootout Loss To Hartford - Adirondack Phantoms
- Slow start dooms Amerks in 4-3 loss to B-Sens - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Power Past Admirals, Leave Norfolk With Third Place - Norfolk Admirals
- Devils Topple Falcons in Marathon Shootout, 4-3 - Albany Devils
- Crunch End Four-Game Skid with 4-0 Win - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Earn Another Point On The Road - Springfield Falcons
- P-Bruins Fall To Pirates 2-0 - Providence Bruins
- Sharks clinch playoff spot but fall to Bears 7-2 - Worcester Sharks
- B-Sens escape Rochester with 4-3 win - Binghamton Senators
- Lamoureux Leads Pirates To Shutout Victory - Portland Pirates
- The B-Sens In Your Community From March 26 Through April 1 - Binghamton Senators
- Thrashers Send For Stapleton - Chicago Wolves
- Crunch Sign Right Wing Alex Curran - Syracuse Crunch
- Loktionov Returns To Monarchs Line-Up - Manchester Monarchs
- P-Bruins Release Jody Pederson - Providence Bruins
- Texas Stars Sign Cody Chupp To ATO - Texas Stars
- New York Rangers Recall Parenteau And Eriksson From Wolf Pack - Connecticut Whale
- Hamilton's Calder Cup Hero Joins Broadcast Team As Guest Colour Commentator - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Crunch Announce Details Of NAPA NASCAR Night With Special Guest Martin Truex, Jr. - Syracuse Crunch
- Rampage Sign Staal To ATO, Reassign Weston To Las Vegas - San Antonio Rampage
- Moose Sign McGinnis To PTO - Manitoba Moose
- Hurricanes Reassign Justin Peters To Albany - Albany River Rats
- AHL Announces Suspension - AHL
- McDonald Honored For Community Work - Springfield Falcons
- Minnesota Wild Reassigns Cody Almond To Houston - Houston Aeros
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- MVP Health Care "KidPower" Essay Winner Announced - Albany River Rats
- Game Night: Amerks Host B-Sens At Blue Cross Arena - Rochester Americans
- Moose Sign Aaron Volpatti To ATO - Manitoba Moose
- Bears Sign Rome And Ferguson - Hershey Bears
- P-Bruins Sign Two To Tryouts - Providence Bruins
- Griffins Claim 3-2 Victory In Milwaukee - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Big Crowds, Big Home Games For Griffins This Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Edged Out By Grand Rapids - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.