Rockford and Toldeo extend affiliation agreement
Rockford, Ill.- The Rockford IceHogs, members of the American Hockey League, and Toledo Walleye (ECHL) have extended their affiliation agreement through the the 2010-11 season, Chicago Blackhawks General Manager of Minor League Affiliations Mark Bernard announced on Friday.
The Walleye will serve as the Blackhawks ECHL affiliate for the second consecutive season. Under terms of the agreement, Chicago and Rockford will assign contracted players to the Walleye.
"The Chicago Blackhawks and Rockford IceHogs are both very happy to extend our affiliation with the Toledo Walleye for another season," Bernard said. "Once again we have found Toledo to be an ideal location for our young prospects to gain experience and develop their skills while enjoying tremendous fan support and all of the amenities that the Lucas County Arena has to offer. Head Coach Nick Vitucci has done a wonderful job with all of our prospects over the past season and we look forward to having him help develop the next group of future Chicago Blackhawks."
This marks the first time since the IceHogs entered the American Hockey League in 2007-08 that Rockford will have the same ECHL affiliate in consecutive seasons. The IceHogs were affiliated with the Pensacola Ice Pilots in 2007-08 as well as the Fresno Falcons and Gwinnett Gladiators in 2008-09.
"We are very pleased to have the opportunity to work with the Chicago Blackhawks," said Joe Napoli, Walleye President/General Manager. "The first season went extremely well and we have established a great foundation."
Rockford has assigned six different players to Toledo in 2009-10, while the Blackhawks have assigned an additional six players. Three of Toledo's top five scorers are playing under a Rockford or Chicago contract.
"We are very excited to once again call the Chicago Blackhawks our NHL affiliate," siad Walleye Head Coach and Director of Player Personnel Nick Vitucci. "It is such a thrill to work with such an exciting organization. Mark Bernard has been great to work with and it has been my honor to help develop future Chicago Blackhawks. I once again look forward to that challenge."
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 26, 2010
- Bulldogs ice the Heat - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Aeros End Skid, Defeat Monsters 3-2 in Overtime - Houston Aeros
- Rockford and Toldeo extend affiliation agreement - Rockford IceHogs
- Griffins Continue Surge With 6-3 Win Over Admirals - Grand Rapids Griffins
- IceHogs finish season series 5-3-1-1 against the Rivermen - Rockford IceHogs
- IceHogs Outburst Sinks Rivermen - Peoria Rivermen
- Stars sink Wolves in shootout - Texas Stars
- Wolves fall to Texas in 4-3 shootout - Chicago Wolves
- Lawson stops 38-of-42 shots on goal; Haskins scores 10th tally - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Phantoms Grab Point In 3-2 Shootout Loss To Hartford - Adirondack Phantoms
- Slow start dooms Amerks in 4-3 loss to B-Sens - Rochester Americans
- Penguins Power Past Admirals, Leave Norfolk With Third Place - Norfolk Admirals
- Devils Topple Falcons in Marathon Shootout, 4-3 - Albany Devils
- Crunch End Four-Game Skid with 4-0 Win - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Earn Another Point On The Road - Springfield Falcons
- P-Bruins Fall To Pirates 2-0 - Providence Bruins
- Sharks clinch playoff spot but fall to Bears 7-2 - Worcester Sharks
- B-Sens escape Rochester with 4-3 win - Binghamton Senators
- Lamoureux Leads Pirates To Shutout Victory - Portland Pirates
- The B-Sens In Your Community From March 26 Through April 1 - Binghamton Senators
- Thrashers Send For Stapleton - Chicago Wolves
- Crunch Sign Right Wing Alex Curran - Syracuse Crunch
- Loktionov Returns To Monarchs Line-Up - Manchester Monarchs
- P-Bruins Release Jody Pederson - Providence Bruins
- Texas Stars Sign Cody Chupp To ATO - Texas Stars
- New York Rangers Recall Parenteau And Eriksson From Wolf Pack - Connecticut Whale
- Hamilton's Calder Cup Hero Joins Broadcast Team As Guest Colour Commentator - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Crunch Announce Details Of NAPA NASCAR Night With Special Guest Martin Truex, Jr. - Syracuse Crunch
- Rampage Sign Staal To ATO, Reassign Weston To Las Vegas - San Antonio Rampage
- Moose Sign McGinnis To PTO - Manitoba Moose
- Hurricanes Reassign Justin Peters To Albany - Albany River Rats
- AHL Announces Suspension - AHL
- McDonald Honored For Community Work - Springfield Falcons
- Minnesota Wild Reassigns Cody Almond To Houston - Houston Aeros
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- MVP Health Care "KidPower" Essay Winner Announced - Albany River Rats
- Game Night: Amerks Host B-Sens At Blue Cross Arena - Rochester Americans
- Moose Sign Aaron Volpatti To ATO - Manitoba Moose
- Bears Sign Rome And Ferguson - Hershey Bears
- P-Bruins Sign Two To Tryouts - Providence Bruins
- Griffins Claim 3-2 Victory In Milwaukee - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Big Crowds, Big Home Games For Griffins This Weekend - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Edged Out By Grand Rapids - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- Quenneville and Tomkins Among Four Players Assigned to IceHogs from Blackhawks
- IceHogs Receive 10 Players from the Chicago Blackhawks Ahead of 2020-21 Season
- 2020 Blackhawks Draft Pick & OHL Premier Goal Scorer Chad Yetman Joins IceHogs
- 28 Teams to Participate in 2020-21 AHL Season Including IceHogs
- Chicago Blackhawks Training Camp Roster Packed with IceHogs