P-Bruins Defeat Admirals 3-2
Norfolk, VA - The Providence Bruins defeated the Norfolk Admirals 3-2, the second victory against the Admirals in consecutive nights. Providence got goals from Nick Johnson, Seth Griffith and Anthony Camara. Malcolm Subban ended with 27 saves for the victory.
In the opening period, although Providence outshot Norfolk, 14-4, none of the chances were quality scoring opportunities and the game went into the first intermission scoreless.
The second period started the same as the first, with both teams playing defensively and conservatively. Norfolk started to find their game, but Providence fought back and scored the first goal of the game. Johnson banked the puck off of Admirals net minder Brad Thiessen's leg and into the net at the 14:58 mark for his tenth goal of the season. Ryan Spooner and Matt Fraser assisted on the goal. At the 17:35 mark the P-Bruins made it 2-0. Griffith was in the right place at the right time to slide home the rebound off Zach Trotman's shot from the point. Thiessen could not handle the high wrist shot and the rebound fell right onto Griffith's stick. David Warsofsky recorded the second assist and for Griffith it was his sixth goal of the season. The two goal lead did not last long, as Chris Wagner scored for Norfolk at the 18:33 mark, off a feed from Devante Smith-Pelly. The original shot from Emerson Etem slipped through Subban's arm and behind the net where Smith-Pelly picked it up and fed Wagner for the tap in goal, his fourth of the season. Going into the second intermission the P-Bruins led 2-1.
In the third period, the P-Bruins scored an insurance goal at the 8:45 mark. Camara tallied his second goal of the season, with the help of a great centering pass by Alexander Khokhlachev. Camara let a wrist shot loose in the slot, beating Thiessen up high for the 3-1 P-Bruins lead. The Admirals pulled within a goal at the 19:32 mark as Jesse Blacker scored his third goal of the season with Wagner grabbing the lone assist, but the P-Bruins shut the door for the final 27 seconds and went onto the 3-2 victory.
Subban stopped 27 of 29 shots for the P-Bruins, while Thiessen made 40 saves for the Admirals. Providence did not have a power play opportunity and was 1-for-1 on the penalty kill.
Providence is back in action at the Dunkin' Donuts Center Friday, December 6 at 7:05pm against the Manchester Monarchs. The first 2,000 fans in attendance will receive a pair of thundersticks courtesy of BankRI. For tickets to this game or any other P-Bruins home games visit www.providencebruins.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 30, 2013
- Heat Fall 4-3 to Comets in OT - Abbotsford Heat
- Comets win over Abbotsford in OT - Utica Comets
- Beach Makes It Rain Bears and Hats - Rockford IceHogs
- Syracuse Survives Wild Goaltenders' Duel - Adirondack Phantoms
- Norfolk's Late Rally Falls Short against Providence - Norfolk Admirals
- Ford Nets Pair of Goals in Barons' 3-1 Win - Oklahoma City Barons
- B-Sens Lose in Shootout to St. John's 4-3 - Binghamton Senators
- Griffins Keep Rolling with 5-1 Win over Texas - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Beach's Hat Trick Sinks Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Rampage Split Weekend Home-And-Home, Fall 3-1 To Oklahoma City - San Antonio Rampage
- Weal Keeps on Turning - Manchester Monarchs
- Crunch Edge Phantoms 1-0 - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Blank Pirates, Extend Point Streak To Eight Games - Springfield Falcons
- Penguins' Rally Falls Short in OT Loss to Bears - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Checkers Step up in Win over Milwaukee - Charlotte Checkers
- Monsters Fall in Hamilton 4-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Monarchs defeat Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Bulldogs Mash Monsters 4-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Bears Battle for Extra Point over Penguins - Hershey Bears
- P-Bruins Defeat Admirals 3-2 - Providence Bruins
- IceCaps Battle Back for Shootout Victory - St. John's IceCaps
- Stars Fall to Grand Rapids 5-1 - Texas Stars
- McKenna, Falcons Blank Pirates 3-0 - Portland Pirates
- Devils Tie Record; Down Sound Tigers - Albany Devils
- Sound Tigers Outlasted by Devils, 8-6 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Patrick Kaleta Injury Update - Rochester Americans
- Marlies Drop Amerks 3-2 at Ricoh Coliseum - Toronto Marlies
- Amerks Fall to Marlies in Toronto, 3-2 - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Recall Defenseman Mike Little from ECHL Florida - Norfolk Admirals
- Antigo Native Piskula Recalled by Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Phantoms Recall Carsen Chubak - Adirondack Phantoms
- Dallas Stars Recall Jamie Oleksiak from Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Coyotes Sign Gilbert Brule to One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Portland Pirates
- Barons Rally Late, Fall to Rampage in Shootout - Oklahoma City Barons
- Heat Lose to Comets in First of Two in Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Comets win over Abbotsford - Utica Comets
- Rampage Earn 3-2 Shootout Win over OKC on "Movember Night" - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Providence Bruins Stories
- Providence Bruins Tickets on Sale Now
- P-Bruins Release 2019-20 Schedule and Opening Weekend Hat Trick to Benefit the Tomorrow Fund
- P-Bruins Season Ends with Game Four Loss in Charlotte
- Checkers Shut Down P-Bruins Offense, Take 2-1 Series Lead
- P-Bruins Even Series with Checkers After 4-2 Win