Dallas Stars Recall Jamie Oleksiak from Texas Stars
CEDAR PARK, Texas - The Texas Stars, proud American Hockey League affiliate of the Dallas Stars, announced today that Dallas has placed defenseman Stephane Robidas on injured reserve, and will be out 4-6 months, after suffering a leg fracture during Saturday night's contest against the Chicago Blackhawks. Dallas has also recalled defenseman Jamie Oleksiak from Texas.
Robidas, 36, has registered five points this season (4-15) with 12 penalty minutes and a plus-7 rating in 24 games. The 5-foot-11, 190-pound defenseman from Sherbrooke, Quebec ranks fourth all-time among Dallas Stars defensemen in games played (704), assists (165), points (211) and is fifth in goals (46). Robidas was Montreal's seventh-round selection (164th overall) in the 1995 NHL Draft and was signed by Dallas as a free agent on Aug. 6, 2005.
Oleksiak, 20, leads all Texas defensemen with three goals, posting five points (3-25) and a plus-4 rating in 22 games this season. The 6-foot-7, 250-pound defenseman made his NHL debut with Dallas last season on Feb. 1 against the Phoenix Coyotes and has played 16 games in the NHL, earning two assists and 14 penalty minutes. The Toronto, Ontario native was Dallas' first-round selection (14th overall) in the 2011 NHL Draft.
Dallas is back in action on Sunday, December 1st against the Edmonton Oilers at 5:00 p.m. CT at American Airlines Center.
The Texas Stars will continue their three-game road trip tonight as they engage in a rematch with the Grand Rapids Griffins at 6:00 p.m. CT at Van Andel Arena. Texas will return home to take on the Iowa Wild on Friday, December 6th for the beginning of Sing for Santa Weekend. The December 6th game is another $3 Draft Beer and $4 Robert Mondavi Private Selection Wine night and it is the Stars Hockey Family Window Decal giveaway presented by Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority. Pro-rated full and partial 2013-14 Texas Stars Season Tickets are on sale now. For more information on Texas Stars season tickets call (512) GO-STARS (467-8277) or visit www.TexasStarsHockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 30, 2013
- Heat Fall 4-3 to Comets in OT - Abbotsford Heat
- Comets win over Abbotsford in OT - Utica Comets
- Beach Makes It Rain Bears and Hats - Rockford IceHogs
- Syracuse Survives Wild Goaltenders' Duel - Adirondack Phantoms
- Norfolk's Late Rally Falls Short against Providence - Norfolk Admirals
- Ford Nets Pair of Goals in Barons' 3-1 Win - Oklahoma City Barons
- B-Sens Lose in Shootout to St. John's 4-3 - Binghamton Senators
- Griffins Keep Rolling with 5-1 Win over Texas - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Beach's Hat Trick Sinks Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Rampage Split Weekend Home-And-Home, Fall 3-1 To Oklahoma City - San Antonio Rampage
- Weal Keeps on Turning - Manchester Monarchs
- Crunch Edge Phantoms 1-0 - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Blank Pirates, Extend Point Streak To Eight Games - Springfield Falcons
- Penguins' Rally Falls Short in OT Loss to Bears - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Checkers Step up in Win over Milwaukee - Charlotte Checkers
- Monsters Fall in Hamilton 4-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Monarchs defeat Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Bulldogs Mash Monsters 4-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Bears Battle for Extra Point over Penguins - Hershey Bears
- P-Bruins Defeat Admirals 3-2 - Providence Bruins
- IceCaps Battle Back for Shootout Victory - St. John's IceCaps
- Stars Fall to Grand Rapids 5-1 - Texas Stars
- McKenna, Falcons Blank Pirates 3-0 - Portland Pirates
- Devils Tie Record; Down Sound Tigers - Albany Devils
- Sound Tigers Outlasted by Devils, 8-6 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Patrick Kaleta Injury Update - Rochester Americans
- Marlies Drop Amerks 3-2 at Ricoh Coliseum - Toronto Marlies
- Amerks Fall to Marlies in Toronto, 3-2 - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Recall Defenseman Mike Little from ECHL Florida - Norfolk Admirals
- Antigo Native Piskula Recalled by Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Phantoms Recall Carsen Chubak - Adirondack Phantoms
- Dallas Stars Recall Jamie Oleksiak from Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Coyotes Sign Gilbert Brule to One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Portland Pirates
- Barons Rally Late, Fall to Rampage in Shootout - Oklahoma City Barons
- Heat Lose to Comets in First of Two in Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Comets win over Abbotsford - Utica Comets
- Rampage Earn 3-2 Shootout Win over OKC on "Movember Night" - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.