Phantoms Recall Carsen Chubak
The Adirondack Phantoms have announced that they have recalled from loan goaltender Carsen Chubak from the Orlando Solar Bears of the ECHL.
Chubak has appeared in two games for the Greenville (SC) Road Warriors of the ECHL going 1-1-0, 3.50, .894 so far this season. He had not appeared in any games with Orlando since being loaned to them a couple weeks ago. Chubak's last game action was October 24 for Greenville against South Carolina.
The 24-year-old Chubak excelled with Niagara University last season and was one of the top college goalies in the country. He was also one of 10 finalists for the Hobey Baker Award.
In 2012-13, Chubak went 23-7-5 with a 1.91 goals-against average and a .939 saves percentage during his junior season as he led the Purple Eagles to an NCAA Tournament appearance for the first time since 2008.
Carsen Chubak was the Atlantic Hockey Conference Player of the Year while the program won their first ever Atlantic regular season crown. In league play, he was 20-3-2, 1.82 and .939.
The 5-11, 170-pound native of Prince Albert, Sask. had been hampered by injuries prior to his breakout year. He played in only one game in 2011-12 and appeared in just nine games in 2010-11.
The Adirondack Phantoms have another Hobey Baker finalist from last season on their team; Kyle Flanagan of St. Lawrence University.
The Phantoms are in the midst of their busiest stretch of home games of this season playing seven out of eight at home over a 16-day period. Adirondack now plays their next four in a row in Glens Falls beginning Saturday night against the defending Eastern Conference champion Syracuse Crunch. The Phantoms also host games next week on Wednesday December 4, Friday December 6 and Saturday December 7 against Bridgeport, Hartford and Utica.
For ticket information, contact the Phantoms at 518-480-3355.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 30, 2013
- Heat Fall 4-3 to Comets in OT - Abbotsford Heat
- Comets win over Abbotsford in OT - Utica Comets
- Beach Makes It Rain Bears and Hats - Rockford IceHogs
- Syracuse Survives Wild Goaltenders' Duel - Adirondack Phantoms
- Norfolk's Late Rally Falls Short against Providence - Norfolk Admirals
- Ford Nets Pair of Goals in Barons' 3-1 Win - Oklahoma City Barons
- B-Sens Lose in Shootout to St. John's 4-3 - Binghamton Senators
- Griffins Keep Rolling with 5-1 Win over Texas - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Beach's Hat Trick Sinks Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Rampage Split Weekend Home-And-Home, Fall 3-1 To Oklahoma City - San Antonio Rampage
- Weal Keeps on Turning - Manchester Monarchs
- Crunch Edge Phantoms 1-0 - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Blank Pirates, Extend Point Streak To Eight Games - Springfield Falcons
- Penguins' Rally Falls Short in OT Loss to Bears - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Checkers Step up in Win over Milwaukee - Charlotte Checkers
- Monsters Fall in Hamilton 4-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Monarchs defeat Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Bulldogs Mash Monsters 4-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Bears Battle for Extra Point over Penguins - Hershey Bears
- P-Bruins Defeat Admirals 3-2 - Providence Bruins
- IceCaps Battle Back for Shootout Victory - St. John's IceCaps
- Stars Fall to Grand Rapids 5-1 - Texas Stars
- McKenna, Falcons Blank Pirates 3-0 - Portland Pirates
- Devils Tie Record; Down Sound Tigers - Albany Devils
- Sound Tigers Outlasted by Devils, 8-6 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Patrick Kaleta Injury Update - Rochester Americans
- Marlies Drop Amerks 3-2 at Ricoh Coliseum - Toronto Marlies
- Amerks Fall to Marlies in Toronto, 3-2 - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Recall Defenseman Mike Little from ECHL Florida - Norfolk Admirals
- Antigo Native Piskula Recalled by Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Phantoms Recall Carsen Chubak - Adirondack Phantoms
- Dallas Stars Recall Jamie Oleksiak from Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Coyotes Sign Gilbert Brule to One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Portland Pirates
- Barons Rally Late, Fall to Rampage in Shootout - Oklahoma City Barons
- Heat Lose to Comets in First of Two in Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Comets win over Abbotsford - Utica Comets
- Rampage Earn 3-2 Shootout Win over OKC on "Movember Night" - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.