Ford Nets Pair of Goals in Barons' 3-1 Win
Matthew Ford netted two goals for Oklahoma City and Linus Omark extended his point streak to a team season-high of five games in a 3-1 Barons win against the San Antonio Rampage Saturday night at Cox Convention Center.
Ford put Oklahoma City on the board first, tallying Oklahoma City's first goal in an opening period since Nov. 15. Following a corner scrum in the Rampage zone, Curtis Hamilton found Ford near the left circle, who lifted a wrist shot past the high stick side of Markstrom for a 1-0 Barons lead at 16:35.
San Antonio answered in the second, when Bobby Butler's cross-ice pass found defenseman John Lee racing towards the Barons' net. Lee took Butler's pass and rifled a snap shot above Barons rookie net minder Laurent Brossoit's glove to tie the game at one goal apiece with 11:08 left in the period.
At 2:03 in the third, Omark extended his point streak when he sent a pass into the Rampage zone, just ahead of Andrew Lander. The pass hit Lander in stride, and the Barons forward shot the puck past Markstrom for a 2-1 Oklahoma City lead and what would be the game's decisive goal.
After San Antonio pulled Markstrom for a 6-on-5 advantage in the game's final minute, Ford intercepted a pass near the high slot of the Barons zone and sent the puck speeding toward an empty Rampage net, resulting in Ford's second goal of the night and a 3-1 advantage for the Barons.
Broissoit turned away 29 of 30 San Antonio shots in his first home start since joining the Barons on Nov. 8.
The Barons are back in action Tuesday night at the Cox Convention Center, when they face the Texas Stars. Face off is at 7 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 30, 2013
- Heat Fall 4-3 to Comets in OT - Abbotsford Heat
- Comets win over Abbotsford in OT - Utica Comets
- Beach Makes It Rain Bears and Hats - Rockford IceHogs
- Syracuse Survives Wild Goaltenders' Duel - Adirondack Phantoms
- Norfolk's Late Rally Falls Short against Providence - Norfolk Admirals
- Ford Nets Pair of Goals in Barons' 3-1 Win - Oklahoma City Barons
- B-Sens Lose in Shootout to St. John's 4-3 - Binghamton Senators
- Griffins Keep Rolling with 5-1 Win over Texas - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Beach's Hat Trick Sinks Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Rampage Split Weekend Home-And-Home, Fall 3-1 To Oklahoma City - San Antonio Rampage
- Weal Keeps on Turning - Manchester Monarchs
- Crunch Edge Phantoms 1-0 - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Blank Pirates, Extend Point Streak To Eight Games - Springfield Falcons
- Penguins' Rally Falls Short in OT Loss to Bears - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Checkers Step up in Win over Milwaukee - Charlotte Checkers
- Monsters Fall in Hamilton 4-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Monarchs defeat Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Bulldogs Mash Monsters 4-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Bears Battle for Extra Point over Penguins - Hershey Bears
- P-Bruins Defeat Admirals 3-2 - Providence Bruins
- IceCaps Battle Back for Shootout Victory - St. John's IceCaps
- Stars Fall to Grand Rapids 5-1 - Texas Stars
- McKenna, Falcons Blank Pirates 3-0 - Portland Pirates
- Devils Tie Record; Down Sound Tigers - Albany Devils
- Sound Tigers Outlasted by Devils, 8-6 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Patrick Kaleta Injury Update - Rochester Americans
- Marlies Drop Amerks 3-2 at Ricoh Coliseum - Toronto Marlies
- Amerks Fall to Marlies in Toronto, 3-2 - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Recall Defenseman Mike Little from ECHL Florida - Norfolk Admirals
- Antigo Native Piskula Recalled by Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Phantoms Recall Carsen Chubak - Adirondack Phantoms
- Dallas Stars Recall Jamie Oleksiak from Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Coyotes Sign Gilbert Brule to One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Portland Pirates
- Barons Rally Late, Fall to Rampage in Shootout - Oklahoma City Barons
- Heat Lose to Comets in First of Two in Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Comets win over Abbotsford - Utica Comets
- Rampage Earn 3-2 Shootout Win over OKC on "Movember Night" - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Barons Stories
- Energy FC Hosts Second Sidekicks Event on Wednesday Evening
- Chris Spendlove Cleared
- Energy FC and The Grid Meet to Discuss Continued Growth of Soccer in OKC
- Energy FC Sidekicks Program with Special Olympics and TOPSoccer Kicks off July 15
- Barons Season Ends with 1-0 Loss