Energy FC and The Grid Meet to Discuss Continued Growth of Soccer in OKC
OKLAHOMA CITY - Members of the Energy FC front office staff met with members of The Grid yesterday evening to discuss how both organizations can increase support for soccer in Oklahoma.
During the meeting, both groups agreed they share the common goals of continued growth of the sport of soccer in the state, continued charitable contributions both on and off the pitch and unwavering support for Energy FC players, coaches and staff. Both entities recognize The Grid as a catalyst for the spirited environment all fans provide during Energy FC matches. Keeping with the common goal to spread support for the sport of soccer, The Grid recognizes the importance of policing the content of their chants. In an effort to so, The Grid will reduce the amount of organized vulgarity during the matches.
Energy FC recognizes The Grid as an official supporters group as well as the importance of the group having their own identity to inspire other fans to create the best home field advantage in USL.
To involve more fans in the singing and chanting songs of support for the players, Energy FC is printing Chant Cards with the words to some of the more popular chants provided by The Grid. Also, both groups ask fans to pay particular attention to the start of the second half at the 46th minute of each match when The Grid sings the state song Oklahoma.
Both organizations believe the steps listed above are important steps in growing the game in Oklahoma. The lines of communication between Energy FC and The Grid will remain open with meetings at least twice a year featuring representatives from both organizations.
Energy FC returns to the pitch this weekend as they host their in-state rival, the Tulsa Roughnecks FC this Saturday at 7 p.m. at historic Taft Stadium.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from July 16, 2015
- Energy FC and The Grid Meet to Discuss Continued Growth of Soccer in OKC - Oklahoma City Barons
- Avalanche Signs Grigorenko, Agozzino, Clark - San Antonio Rampage
- Schaller, Leduc, Lieuwen Sign Qualifying Offers - Rochester Americans
- Griffins Bring Back Hirschfeld, Sign Zombo and Docken - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Predators Sign Aronson to One-Year Deal - Milwaukee Admirals
- Barracuda Sign Forward Trevor Parkes - San Jose Barracuda
- Pirates Sign Sauve to AHL Contract - Portland Pirates
- Comets Sign Wacey Hamilton - Utica Comets
- Dallas Announces Extension with ECHL's Idaho Steelheads - Texas Stars
- Bob Mills Named New IceHogs Broadcaster - Rockford IceHogs
- Coyotes Sign Samuelsson and Shinnimin to One-Year Contracts - Springfield Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Barons Stories
- Energy FC Hosts Second Sidekicks Event on Wednesday Evening
- Chris Spendlove Cleared
- Energy FC and The Grid Meet to Discuss Continued Growth of Soccer in OKC
- Energy FC Sidekicks Program with Special Olympics and TOPSoccer Kicks off July 15
- Barons Season Ends with 1-0 Loss