Bulldogs Mash Monsters 4-1
HAMILTON, ONTARIO - After missing the previous nine games with a lower body injury, Hamilton Bulldogs forward Patrick Holland returned to the lineup with a two-goal, first-star performance as the 'Dogs (10-9-0-3) dropped the Lake Erie Monsters (10-9-0-1) 4-1 at Copps Coliseum on Saturday evening.
Lake Erie forward Paul Carey opened the scoring 17:42 into the first period, assisted by forward Guillaume Desbiens and defenceman Russ Sinkewich.
Just 1:21 later, Hamilton forward Joonas Nattinen notched his third goal of the season to even the score 1-1, assisted by defenceman Drew Schiestel and forward Mike Blunden.
Eighteen seconds after that, with 39 seconds to go in the first period, Blunden scored his sixth goal of the year, unassisted, to give the 'Dogs a 2-1 lead heading into the second period.
After a scoreless middle frame, Holland finished off a three-on-one Bulldogs break at 9:01 of the third period for his second goal of the season to make it a 3-1 game. Forwards Christian Thomas and Martin St. Pierre drew assists on the play.
Under three minutes later, the same trio connected again for Holland's third goal of the season to make the score 4-1 and put the game out of Lake Erie's reach for good.
Tokarski made 27 saves on 28 shots in the Bulldogs net in the win. Aittokallio made 24 saves on 28 shots for the Monsters in the loss.
The Bulldogs went 0-for-5 on the power play, while the Monsters went 0-for-7.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 30, 2013
- Heat Fall 4-3 to Comets in OT - Abbotsford Heat
- Comets win over Abbotsford in OT - Utica Comets
- Beach Makes It Rain Bears and Hats - Rockford IceHogs
- Syracuse Survives Wild Goaltenders' Duel - Adirondack Phantoms
- Norfolk's Late Rally Falls Short against Providence - Norfolk Admirals
- Ford Nets Pair of Goals in Barons' 3-1 Win - Oklahoma City Barons
- B-Sens Lose in Shootout to St. John's 4-3 - Binghamton Senators
- Griffins Keep Rolling with 5-1 Win over Texas - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Beach's Hat Trick Sinks Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Rampage Split Weekend Home-And-Home, Fall 3-1 To Oklahoma City - San Antonio Rampage
- Weal Keeps on Turning - Manchester Monarchs
- Crunch Edge Phantoms 1-0 - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Blank Pirates, Extend Point Streak To Eight Games - Springfield Falcons
- Penguins' Rally Falls Short in OT Loss to Bears - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Checkers Step up in Win over Milwaukee - Charlotte Checkers
- Monsters Fall in Hamilton 4-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Monarchs defeat Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Bulldogs Mash Monsters 4-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Bears Battle for Extra Point over Penguins - Hershey Bears
- P-Bruins Defeat Admirals 3-2 - Providence Bruins
- IceCaps Battle Back for Shootout Victory - St. John's IceCaps
- Stars Fall to Grand Rapids 5-1 - Texas Stars
- McKenna, Falcons Blank Pirates 3-0 - Portland Pirates
- Devils Tie Record; Down Sound Tigers - Albany Devils
- Sound Tigers Outlasted by Devils, 8-6 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Patrick Kaleta Injury Update - Rochester Americans
- Marlies Drop Amerks 3-2 at Ricoh Coliseum - Toronto Marlies
- Amerks Fall to Marlies in Toronto, 3-2 - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Recall Defenseman Mike Little from ECHL Florida - Norfolk Admirals
- Antigo Native Piskula Recalled by Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Phantoms Recall Carsen Chubak - Adirondack Phantoms
- Dallas Stars Recall Jamie Oleksiak from Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Coyotes Sign Gilbert Brule to One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Portland Pirates
- Barons Rally Late, Fall to Rampage in Shootout - Oklahoma City Barons
- Heat Lose to Comets in First of Two in Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Comets win over Abbotsford - Utica Comets
- Rampage Earn 3-2 Shootout Win over OKC on "Movember Night" - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.