Monsters Fall in Hamilton 4-1
HAMILTON, ONTARIO- Four unanswered Hamilton goals propelled the Bulldogs past the Lake Erie Monsters (10-9-0-1) by a 4-1 score Saturday night at Copps Coliseum. Paul Carey netted the Monsters only goal, which gave the Monsters a 1-0 lead late in the opening period. The game concludes a three-game road swing for the Monsters, who return home to host Toronto on Thursday.
Paul Carey scored his third goal of the season to give the Monsters a 1-0 lead at 17:12 of the first period when he snapped a shot from the slot after a centering pass from Guillaume Desbiens. Russ Sinkewich also assisted on the first Monsters goal, but Hamilton (10-9-0-3) would counter twice before the first period ended. The Bulldogs led 2-1 after one period, as Joonas Nattinen scored with 57 seconds left in the frame, and Mike Blunden scored for Hamilton with 39 seconds left in the first period.
After the second period yielded no scoring, Hamilton generated scoring on two occasions in the third period. Between the 9:01 and 12:00 marks of the third period, Hamilton's Patrick Holland scored two insurance markers to extend the Bulldogs lead to 4-1.
Sami Aittokallio stopped 24 of 28 shots in net for the Monsters; he is 5-3-0. Dustin Tokarski is 9-4-1 in net for Hamilton after the win; he stopped 27 of 28 Monsters shots.
The Monsters are back on the ice Thursday night at 7:00 PM when they host the Toronto Marlies at Quicken Loans Arena.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 30, 2013
- Heat Fall 4-3 to Comets in OT - Abbotsford Heat
- Comets win over Abbotsford in OT - Utica Comets
- Beach Makes It Rain Bears and Hats - Rockford IceHogs
- Syracuse Survives Wild Goaltenders' Duel - Adirondack Phantoms
- Norfolk's Late Rally Falls Short against Providence - Norfolk Admirals
- Ford Nets Pair of Goals in Barons' 3-1 Win - Oklahoma City Barons
- B-Sens Lose in Shootout to St. John's 4-3 - Binghamton Senators
- Griffins Keep Rolling with 5-1 Win over Texas - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Beach's Hat Trick Sinks Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Rampage Split Weekend Home-And-Home, Fall 3-1 To Oklahoma City - San Antonio Rampage
- Weal Keeps on Turning - Manchester Monarchs
- Crunch Edge Phantoms 1-0 - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Blank Pirates, Extend Point Streak To Eight Games - Springfield Falcons
- Penguins' Rally Falls Short in OT Loss to Bears - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Checkers Step up in Win over Milwaukee - Charlotte Checkers
- Monsters Fall in Hamilton 4-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Monarchs defeat Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Bulldogs Mash Monsters 4-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Bears Battle for Extra Point over Penguins - Hershey Bears
- P-Bruins Defeat Admirals 3-2 - Providence Bruins
- IceCaps Battle Back for Shootout Victory - St. John's IceCaps
- Stars Fall to Grand Rapids 5-1 - Texas Stars
- McKenna, Falcons Blank Pirates 3-0 - Portland Pirates
- Devils Tie Record; Down Sound Tigers - Albany Devils
- Sound Tigers Outlasted by Devils, 8-6 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Patrick Kaleta Injury Update - Rochester Americans
- Marlies Drop Amerks 3-2 at Ricoh Coliseum - Toronto Marlies
- Amerks Fall to Marlies in Toronto, 3-2 - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Recall Defenseman Mike Little from ECHL Florida - Norfolk Admirals
- Antigo Native Piskula Recalled by Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Phantoms Recall Carsen Chubak - Adirondack Phantoms
- Dallas Stars Recall Jamie Oleksiak from Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Coyotes Sign Gilbert Brule to One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Portland Pirates
- Barons Rally Late, Fall to Rampage in Shootout - Oklahoma City Barons
- Heat Lose to Comets in First of Two in Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Comets win over Abbotsford - Utica Comets
- Rampage Earn 3-2 Shootout Win over OKC on "Movember Night" - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Cleveland Monsters Announce 2019-20 Promotional Schedule
- Monsters Sign Forward Stefan Matteau to One-Year AHL Contract
- Columbus Blue Jackets, Cleveland Monsters Announce Multi-Year Extension of Affiliation Partnership
- Monsters Announce Date and Time Adjustments for the 2019-20 Regular-Season Schedule
- Columbus Blue Jackets Sign Center Marko Dano to One-Year, Two-Way NHL/AHL Contract for 2019-20 Season