Antigo Native Piskula Recalled by Nashville
Milwaukee, WI- Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has recalled defenseman Joe Piskula from Milwaukee (AHL). In addition, the Admirals have recalled defenseman Teddy Ruth from the Cincinnati Cyclones of the ECHL.
Piskula, 29 (7/5/84), has five assists, 12 penalty minutes and a +3 rating while appearing in all 18 of the Admirals 2013-14 contests. He was the last defenseman assigned to Milwaukee before the start of the regular season on Sept. 29. The Antigo, Wis., native was acquired by the Predators from Calgary on Feb. 28, 2013, and has 10 career NHL games to his credit - five with Calgary in 2011-12 and five with Los Angeles in 2006-07. The 6-3, 214-pound blueliner has also played 411 AHL games in six seasons at the level, amassing 79 points (9g-70a) and 347 penalty minutes. Piskula played 112 games during a three-year career at the University of Wisconsin from 2004-07, posting 22 points (3g-19a) and 80 penalty minutes. In 2006, he helped the Badgers claim the NCAA title.
Ruth began the season with the Ads and did not record a point in four contests. He has posted a goal and two assists in 12 games with Cincinnati.
The Admirals are in Charlotte tonight and Sunday to battle the Checkers and will have their next home game Friday December 6th when they host Oklahoma City Barons at the BMO Harris Bradley Center.
Fans can purchase tickets by calling Ticketmaster at 800-745-3000 or by logging onto www.ticketmaster.com . Groups of 10 or more receive significant discounts off the original ticket price.
For more information, or to purchase group tickets, fans can call the Admirals office at (414) 227-0550.
Don't forget to follow the Admirals on Twitter (@mkeadmirals) and on Facebook.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 30, 2013
- Heat Fall 4-3 to Comets in OT - Abbotsford Heat
- Comets win over Abbotsford in OT - Utica Comets
- Beach Makes It Rain Bears and Hats - Rockford IceHogs
- Syracuse Survives Wild Goaltenders' Duel - Adirondack Phantoms
- Norfolk's Late Rally Falls Short against Providence - Norfolk Admirals
- Ford Nets Pair of Goals in Barons' 3-1 Win - Oklahoma City Barons
- B-Sens Lose in Shootout to St. John's 4-3 - Binghamton Senators
- Griffins Keep Rolling with 5-1 Win over Texas - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Beach's Hat Trick Sinks Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Rampage Split Weekend Home-And-Home, Fall 3-1 To Oklahoma City - San Antonio Rampage
- Weal Keeps on Turning - Manchester Monarchs
- Crunch Edge Phantoms 1-0 - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Blank Pirates, Extend Point Streak To Eight Games - Springfield Falcons
- Penguins' Rally Falls Short in OT Loss to Bears - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Checkers Step up in Win over Milwaukee - Charlotte Checkers
- Monsters Fall in Hamilton 4-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Monarchs defeat Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Bulldogs Mash Monsters 4-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Bears Battle for Extra Point over Penguins - Hershey Bears
- P-Bruins Defeat Admirals 3-2 - Providence Bruins
- IceCaps Battle Back for Shootout Victory - St. John's IceCaps
- Stars Fall to Grand Rapids 5-1 - Texas Stars
- McKenna, Falcons Blank Pirates 3-0 - Portland Pirates
- Devils Tie Record; Down Sound Tigers - Albany Devils
- Sound Tigers Outlasted by Devils, 8-6 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Patrick Kaleta Injury Update - Rochester Americans
- Marlies Drop Amerks 3-2 at Ricoh Coliseum - Toronto Marlies
- Amerks Fall to Marlies in Toronto, 3-2 - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Recall Defenseman Mike Little from ECHL Florida - Norfolk Admirals
- Antigo Native Piskula Recalled by Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Phantoms Recall Carsen Chubak - Adirondack Phantoms
- Dallas Stars Recall Jamie Oleksiak from Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Coyotes Sign Gilbert Brule to One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Portland Pirates
- Barons Rally Late, Fall to Rampage in Shootout - Oklahoma City Barons
- Heat Lose to Comets in First of Two in Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Comets win over Abbotsford - Utica Comets
- Rampage Earn 3-2 Shootout Win over OKC on "Movember Night" - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.