Admirals Recall Defenseman Mike Little from ECHL Florida
NORFOLK, VA - The Norfolk Admirals announced Saturday that the team has recalled defenseman Mike Little on loan from the Florida Everblades of the ECHL.
Little, 26, joins the Admirals after posting nine points (1g, 8a) and a +7 rating in 19 games played with the Everblades this season. The 5-9, 185-pound blueliner totaled 34 points (8g, 26a) in 64 appearances with the Stockton Thunder last season. In addition, Little chipped in seven assists in 23 postseason games to help lead the Thunder to a Western Conference championship. Little set career highs in points (41), goals (10), and assists (31) in 70 games played for Stockton during the 2011-12 season.
The Enfield, CT native registered 32 points (5g, 27a) during his four-year collegiate career at American International College from 2007-2011. Little attended Norfolk's training camp this past September and appeared in one preseason game against Charlotte.
The Admirals close out their five-game homestand tonight against the Providence Bruins beginning at 7:15 p.m. There will be a skate with the Admirals players following the game. Skates will be available for fans on a first-come-first-serve basis. Fans are encouraged to bring their own skates if they have them.
Game tickets are now on sale, and are available through the Norfolk Scope Box Office, all Ticketmaster Outlets, charge-by-phone at 1-800-745-3000 and online at ticketmaster.com.
Stop by the Admirals' Administrative Offices at Scope, or call (757) 640-1212 Office hours are Monday - Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Fans can also visit us online at www.norfolkadmirals.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 30, 2013
- Heat Fall 4-3 to Comets in OT - Abbotsford Heat
- Comets win over Abbotsford in OT - Utica Comets
- Beach Makes It Rain Bears and Hats - Rockford IceHogs
- Syracuse Survives Wild Goaltenders' Duel - Adirondack Phantoms
- Norfolk's Late Rally Falls Short against Providence - Norfolk Admirals
- Ford Nets Pair of Goals in Barons' 3-1 Win - Oklahoma City Barons
- B-Sens Lose in Shootout to St. John's 4-3 - Binghamton Senators
- Griffins Keep Rolling with 5-1 Win over Texas - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Beach's Hat Trick Sinks Wolves - Chicago Wolves
- Rampage Split Weekend Home-And-Home, Fall 3-1 To Oklahoma City - San Antonio Rampage
- Weal Keeps on Turning - Manchester Monarchs
- Crunch Edge Phantoms 1-0 - Syracuse Crunch
- Falcons Blank Pirates, Extend Point Streak To Eight Games - Springfield Falcons
- Penguins' Rally Falls Short in OT Loss to Bears - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Checkers Step up in Win over Milwaukee - Charlotte Checkers
- Monsters Fall in Hamilton 4-1 - Cleveland Monsters
- Monarchs defeat Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Bulldogs Mash Monsters 4-1 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Bears Battle for Extra Point over Penguins - Hershey Bears
- P-Bruins Defeat Admirals 3-2 - Providence Bruins
- IceCaps Battle Back for Shootout Victory - St. John's IceCaps
- Stars Fall to Grand Rapids 5-1 - Texas Stars
- McKenna, Falcons Blank Pirates 3-0 - Portland Pirates
- Devils Tie Record; Down Sound Tigers - Albany Devils
- Sound Tigers Outlasted by Devils, 8-6 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Patrick Kaleta Injury Update - Rochester Americans
- Marlies Drop Amerks 3-2 at Ricoh Coliseum - Toronto Marlies
- Amerks Fall to Marlies in Toronto, 3-2 - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Recall Defenseman Mike Little from ECHL Florida - Norfolk Admirals
- Antigo Native Piskula Recalled by Nashville - Milwaukee Admirals
- Phantoms Recall Carsen Chubak - Adirondack Phantoms
- Dallas Stars Recall Jamie Oleksiak from Texas Stars - Texas Stars
- Coyotes Sign Gilbert Brule to One-Year, Two-Way Contract - Portland Pirates
- Barons Rally Late, Fall to Rampage in Shootout - Oklahoma City Barons
- Heat Lose to Comets in First of Two in Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Comets win over Abbotsford - Utica Comets
- Rampage Earn 3-2 Shootout Win over OKC on "Movember Night" - San Antonio Rampage
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Norfolk Admirals Stories
- Admirals Single Game Tickets Now on Sale
- Admirals Officially Announce Signing of Defenseman Brayden Sherbinin
- Admirals Officially Sign Forward Charlie O'Connor
- Admirals Acquire VanWormer and Sherbinin from Kansas City
- Admirals Acquire J.C. Campagna from Fort Wayne Komets