Moose Shrug off Early Deficit in 3-1 Win
The Manitoba Moose (13-12-0-0) claimed a 3-1 victory against the Chicago Wolves (10-14-2-0) on Friday night at Bell MTS Place.
The Wolves were first on the board as Reid Duke found the back of the net to give Chicago the 1-0 advantage. The Wolves were awarded two power plays in the first frame to add to their lead however Manitoba's penalty kill stayed strong and the Moose did not allow a goal on either of Chicago's man advantage opportunities.
Midway through the second period, Jimmy Oligny sent a rocket towards the net and the puck snuck past Wolves netminder Garret Sparks which tied the game 1-1. To close out the second period, Jake Leschyshyn had an opportunity on the breakaway to give the Wolves the advantage however Berdin poked the puck away to keep the game tied.
With 8:09 gone in the third period, the Moose found themselves with a five-on-three advantage for a full two minutes. Kristian Vesalainen took advantage and scored the eventual game-winning goal on the power play. Skyler McKenzie added an empty net goal to cap off Manitoba's 3-1 victory.
The Moose have won seven-straight games on home ice
Skyler McKenzie is currently on a three-game point streak (2G, 3A).
Jimmy Oligny has scored two goals this season both of which were against his former club, the Chicago Wolves.
Mikhail Berdin has won all three of his starts against the Wolves this season. He has posted a .963 save percentage stopping 78 of 81 shots. What's Next?
The Moose take on the Chicago Wolves on Saturday, Dec. 7. Saturday's game is the annual Teddy Bear Toss, presented by Red River Co-op, in support of the Christmas Cheer Board. Fans are encouraged to bring new plush toys to throw on the ice in the first intermission. Tickets for the games are available at moosehockey.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 7, 2019
- Iowa Defeated by Tuscon 4-1 - Iowa Wild
- Moose Downed by Chicago 4-2 - Manitoba Moose
- 'Canes Reassign Bishop and Gibbons to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Condors Drop December Opener in Stockton - Bakersfield Condors
- Lorito extends point streak to four games; Schilkey scores for second straight game in setback - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Carrick, Assign Stolarz to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Hershey Holds off Phantoms in Goaltenders Duel - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Texas Completes Weekend Sweep of Wilkes-Barre with 5-3 Victory - Texas Stars
- Fogarty Leads Pack Offense in 5-2 Victory - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Second-Period Flurry Not Enough in Penguins' Loss to Stars - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Crunch Tame Sound Tigers, 5-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks Split Weekend Set with Checkers - Rochester Americans
- P-Bruins Grab Sixth Straight Win, Beat Utica Comets in Shootout, 3-2 - Providence Bruins
- Post Game Notes: Stars 5 at Penguins 3 - Texas Stars
- Vanecek Stands Tall, Pitches Shutout against Phantoms - Hershey Bears
- 4,887 Bears Hit the Ice for T-Birds' 4th Annual Teddy Bear Toss - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Sens Score a Touchdown on Cleveland - Belleville Senators
- Monsters Stumble in 7-1 Loss to Senators - Cleveland Monsters
- Loewen Boosts Wolves Past Moose - Chicago Wolves
- Devils Defeated By Wolf Pack, 5-2 - Binghamton Devils
- Admirals Hold Down Hogs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Comets Tie Late, Pick up Point in Providence - Utica Comets
- Kaskisuo, Marlies Hold off Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Marlies Host Rampage in Annual Teddy Bear Toss - Toronto Marlies
- Ty Ronning Reassigned to Maine - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Jan Drozg Joins Penguins from Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- David Sklenicka Contract Terminated - Laval Rocket
- Heat, Condors Face off on Military Appreciation Night - Stockton Heat
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, December 7, 2019 vs. Charlotte Checkers - Rochester Americans
- Daccord Reassigned to Beast - Belleville Senators
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Monsters, December 7 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Phantoms, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Game 23 Preview: Tucson at Iowa - Tucson Roadrunners
- Barracuda Explode for Nine, End Reign 9-2 - San Jose Barracuda
- San Jose Pours Goals on Reign - Ontario Reign
- Moose Shrug off Early Deficit in 3-1 Win - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.