Devils Defeated By Wolf Pack, 5-2
HARTFORD - The Binghamton Devils dropped their sixth game in a row with a 5-2 loss to the Hartford Wolf Pack inside XL Center on Saturday night.
For the second night in a row, the Devils surrendered a goal on their opponent's first shot of the game. After several great scoring chances, Lias Anderson snuck behind the defense and slid the puck by the left leg pad of goaltender Gilles Senn. The goal came 3:30 into the game with assists from Ville Meskanen and Joey Keane.
Hartford cashed in on a shorthanded goal to take a 2-0 lead at the 13:53 mark of the first frame. Steven Fogarty dropped the puck back on an odd-man rush to Nick Ebert who fired a wrist shot by Senn. The goal was Ebert's third of the year with the lone assist to Fogarty. Hartford took the two-goal lead into the intermission despite the Devils holding an 11-9 shot advantage.
Binghamton responded to pull within one just 5:06 into the second period. To cap off a great shift, Michael McLeod forced a turnvoer and fed Nathan Bastian who buried a slap shot over the left shoulder of goaltender Adam Huska from the bottom of the right-wing circle. The goal was Bastian's third of the year from McLeod and the Devils trailed 2-1.
Andersson forced a turnover off the stick of McLeod and started an odd-man rush for the Wolf Pack. From the right circle, Andersson fed Fogarty who beat Senn for his eighth of the year to give Hartford a 3-1 lead at 14:02 of the second.
Brett Seney took a hooking penalty late in the second and Hartford took advantage. Danny O'Regan sent a slap pass to the top of the crease from inside the blue line and Andersson tapped it by the right leg pad of Senn for a 4-1 advantage. The Wolf Pack took the three-goal lead into the third period along with a 20-18 shot advantage.
Joey Anderson forced a turnover and scored to pull Binghamton back within two goals early in the third. Lias Andersson's pass was picked off and a quick wrist shot beat Huska and the Devisl trailed 4-2. The goal was Anderson's seventh of the year, unassisted, just 1:39 into the third.
Fogarty added an empty-net goal and the Wolf Pack collected a 5-2 win.
The Devils are back home next Saturday, December 14 for Teddy Bear Toss against the Utica Comets at 7:05 p.m. Get a ticket and bring teddy bears to throw on the ice when the Devils score their first goal. Also, live music from 6-7 p.m. on the concourse with $5 24-ounce draft beer and $6 oil cans between section 19 and 20. Tickets are available by calling or texting "TICKETS" to 607-722-7367.
Images from this story
Binghamton Devils brawl with the Hartford Wolf Pack
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 7, 2019
- Iowa Defeated by Tuscon 4-1 - Iowa Wild
- Moose Downed by Chicago 4-2 - Manitoba Moose
- 'Canes Reassign Bishop and Gibbons to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Condors Drop December Opener in Stockton - Bakersfield Condors
- Lorito extends point streak to four games; Schilkey scores for second straight game in setback - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Carrick, Assign Stolarz to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Hershey Holds off Phantoms in Goaltenders Duel - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Texas Completes Weekend Sweep of Wilkes-Barre with 5-3 Victory - Texas Stars
- Fogarty Leads Pack Offense in 5-2 Victory - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Second-Period Flurry Not Enough in Penguins' Loss to Stars - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Crunch Tame Sound Tigers, 5-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks Split Weekend Set with Checkers - Rochester Americans
- P-Bruins Grab Sixth Straight Win, Beat Utica Comets in Shootout, 3-2 - Providence Bruins
- Post Game Notes: Stars 5 at Penguins 3 - Texas Stars
- Vanecek Stands Tall, Pitches Shutout against Phantoms - Hershey Bears
- 4,887 Bears Hit the Ice for T-Birds' 4th Annual Teddy Bear Toss - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Sens Score a Touchdown on Cleveland - Belleville Senators
- Monsters Stumble in 7-1 Loss to Senators - Cleveland Monsters
- Loewen Boosts Wolves Past Moose - Chicago Wolves
- Devils Defeated By Wolf Pack, 5-2 - Binghamton Devils
- Admirals Hold Down Hogs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Comets Tie Late, Pick up Point in Providence - Utica Comets
- Kaskisuo, Marlies Hold off Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Marlies Host Rampage in Annual Teddy Bear Toss - Toronto Marlies
- Ty Ronning Reassigned to Maine - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Jan Drozg Joins Penguins from Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- David Sklenicka Contract Terminated - Laval Rocket
- Heat, Condors Face off on Military Appreciation Night - Stockton Heat
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, December 7, 2019 vs. Charlotte Checkers - Rochester Americans
- Daccord Reassigned to Beast - Belleville Senators
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Monsters, December 7 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Phantoms, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Game 23 Preview: Tucson at Iowa - Tucson Roadrunners
- Barracuda Explode for Nine, End Reign 9-2 - San Jose Barracuda
- San Jose Pours Goals on Reign - Ontario Reign
- Moose Shrug off Early Deficit in 3-1 Win - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Binghamton Devils Stories
- Binghamton Devils Re-Sign Ryan Schmelzer to AHL Contract
- American Hockey League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Street Named Devils' 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year
- Devils, Americans, Comets, and Crunch to Host Blood Drives
- AHL Suspends Season - Statement from the Binghamton Devils