Heat, Condors Face off on Military Appreciation Night
Saturday, December 7, 2019
Arena: Stockton Arena | Stockton, California
Date: Saturday, December 7
Time: 6:00 p.m. PST
Broadcast: Watch tonight's game on AHLTV or hear Stockton's radio call on Spreaker and iHeartRadio.
Join The Conversation: For live, in-game tweets, follow the Heat on Twitter. Join the conversation by replying to our updates or using the hashtag #STKvsBAK.
Chase Chevrolet Big Moment of the Game Puck: Stay tuned on Twitter following the game for a chance to enter to win a puck signed by Luke Philp with our Chase Chevrolet Big Moment of the Game selection!
The Heat host Pacific Division rival Bakersfield Saturday at Stockton Arena in the sixth meeting of the season between the clubs, Stockton entering the game 3-1-0-1 on the year against the AHL affiliate of the Edmonton Oilers. In the teams' last meeting, Stockton climbed out of an early 2-0 hole to earn a 4-3 overtime win on the road on Nov. 21.
Stockton looks to take its third-straight win over the Condors with Saturday's meeting, which would be the first three-game win streak against Bakersfield since a spurt in November of 2017. All time, the Heat are 22-22-3-2 against the Condors.
Matthew Phillips continued building on his strong sophomore season with a goal in Wednesday's contest against the Ontario Reign, bringing his season total to 22 points (8g,14a). The forward is tied for 11th in the AHL in scoring and rides a four-game point streak (3g,3a) into tonight's divisional clash. Phillips has five points (1g,4a) in five games against the Condors this season.
PHILP'S HOT STREAK
Luke Philp continued his scoring run with his seventh goal of the season on Wednesday, putting Stockton on the board in the second period. The rookie started his pro career with 10 scoreless games but has rebounded with seven goals and three assists over Stockton's last nine contests. In that span, Philp has collected a pair of game-winners.
Eetu Tuulola has marked his return from injury with a point in four-straight games, the big-bodied forward registering a goal and three assists over that span. Tuulola is tied with Philp for the Heat rookie lead in scoring with 10 points (5g,5a) on the year.
SPECIAL TEAMS STAND OUT
Despite not connecting on the power play in back-to-back games for the first time this season, Stockton enters Saturday's game as the only team in the AHL in the top five in both power play (third, 25.3-percent) and penalty kill (second, 87.5-percent) success. The Condors also claim one of the league's best kill units, entering fourth at 86.6-percent on the campaign. Head-to-head, Stockton has had the advantage this season with a 6-for-23 performance on the power play while limiting Bakersfield to 4-for-21.
BUILT TO LAST
Stockton has been able to overcome slower starts this season with strong second and third period efforts, owning a plus-12 scoring margin (31-19) in the second period and plus-4 (25-21) in the final frame. Looking at the Condors, Bakersfield has played to a draw in the first (22-22), is plus-1 (21-20) in the second and minus-9 (14-23) in the third. Stockton is also 2-1 on the year in games that end in 3-on-3 overtime while Bakersfield is 1-2.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 7, 2019
- Iowa Defeated by Tuscon 4-1 - Iowa Wild
- Moose Downed by Chicago 4-2 - Manitoba Moose
- 'Canes Reassign Bishop and Gibbons to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Condors Drop December Opener in Stockton - Bakersfield Condors
- Lorito extends point streak to four games; Schilkey scores for second straight game in setback - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Carrick, Assign Stolarz to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Hershey Holds off Phantoms in Goaltenders Duel - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Texas Completes Weekend Sweep of Wilkes-Barre with 5-3 Victory - Texas Stars
- Fogarty Leads Pack Offense in 5-2 Victory - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Second-Period Flurry Not Enough in Penguins' Loss to Stars - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Crunch Tame Sound Tigers, 5-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks Split Weekend Set with Checkers - Rochester Americans
- P-Bruins Grab Sixth Straight Win, Beat Utica Comets in Shootout, 3-2 - Providence Bruins
- Post Game Notes: Stars 5 at Penguins 3 - Texas Stars
- Vanecek Stands Tall, Pitches Shutout against Phantoms - Hershey Bears
- 4,887 Bears Hit the Ice for T-Birds' 4th Annual Teddy Bear Toss - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Sens Score a Touchdown on Cleveland - Belleville Senators
- Monsters Stumble in 7-1 Loss to Senators - Cleveland Monsters
- Loewen Boosts Wolves Past Moose - Chicago Wolves
- Devils Defeated By Wolf Pack, 5-2 - Binghamton Devils
- Admirals Hold Down Hogs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Comets Tie Late, Pick up Point in Providence - Utica Comets
- Kaskisuo, Marlies Hold off Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Marlies Host Rampage in Annual Teddy Bear Toss - Toronto Marlies
- Ty Ronning Reassigned to Maine - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Jan Drozg Joins Penguins from Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- David Sklenicka Contract Terminated - Laval Rocket
- Heat, Condors Face off on Military Appreciation Night - Stockton Heat
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, December 7, 2019 vs. Charlotte Checkers - Rochester Americans
- Daccord Reassigned to Beast - Belleville Senators
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Monsters, December 7 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Phantoms, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Game 23 Preview: Tucson at Iowa - Tucson Roadrunners
- Barracuda Explode for Nine, End Reign 9-2 - San Jose Barracuda
- San Jose Pours Goals on Reign - Ontario Reign
- Moose Shrug off Early Deficit in 3-1 Win - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.