P-Bruins Grab Sixth Straight Win, Beat Utica Comets in Shootout, 3-2
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Dan Vladar recorded 19 saves for Providence and stopped all three shooters in the shootout, while Paul Carey and Brendan Gaunce each scored one goal as the P-Bruins won their sixth consecutive game, a 3-2 victory over the Utica Comets. Robert Lantosi collected two assists in the win for Providence.
1st 2nd 3rd SO FINAL
UTICA 0 1 1 0 2
PROVIDENCE 0 1 1 1 3
JAY LEACH, HEAD COACH
"I thought we played a really solid 60 minutes other than a couple breakdowns. We had a mistake in the second on the penalty kill and obviously the mistake that cost us the lead late in the third. Those things can happen against a team that can score like Utica.
Overall, I really thought we played one of the better games I've seen us play from the goalie on out. It was nice to be rewarded at the end with the two points because I thought the guys really deserved it tonight."
"I thought that was one of our best games of the year. It was a complete team effort tonight. Vladdy played great, the D played good and the forwards played well.
PAUL CAREY - ONE GOAL, ONE ASSIST
"We have a nice little thing going here as a team. We just have to keep at it. It's a good time of year to play well. You have to get as many early wins as you can because you don't want to rely on March and April to make the playoffs. We just have to keep doing what we're doing and keep working hard and hopefully we can stay on this streak."
- With a goal and an assist tonight, Paul Carey recorded his sixth multi-point game of the season and took over the team lead for scoring. He has scored three goals and added one assist in his last two games.
- Dan Vladar has appeared in two games since returning from injury. In those two games, he has made 57 saves on 59 shots against.
- Robert Lantosi has recorded four assists in his last two contests.
- Brendan Gaunce scored his seventh goal of the season and has recorded three points (one goal, two assists) in his last three contests.
The P-Bruins will remain in Providence and take on the Hartford Wolf Pack on Sunday, December 8 at Dunkin' Donuts Center. Puck drop is set for 3:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 7, 2019
- Iowa Defeated by Tuscon 4-1 - Iowa Wild
- Moose Downed by Chicago 4-2 - Manitoba Moose
- 'Canes Reassign Bishop and Gibbons to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Condors Drop December Opener in Stockton - Bakersfield Condors
- Lorito extends point streak to four games; Schilkey scores for second straight game in setback - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Carrick, Assign Stolarz to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Hershey Holds off Phantoms in Goaltenders Duel - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Texas Completes Weekend Sweep of Wilkes-Barre with 5-3 Victory - Texas Stars
- Fogarty Leads Pack Offense in 5-2 Victory - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Second-Period Flurry Not Enough in Penguins' Loss to Stars - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Crunch Tame Sound Tigers, 5-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks Split Weekend Set with Checkers - Rochester Americans
- P-Bruins Grab Sixth Straight Win, Beat Utica Comets in Shootout, 3-2 - Providence Bruins
- Post Game Notes: Stars 5 at Penguins 3 - Texas Stars
- Vanecek Stands Tall, Pitches Shutout against Phantoms - Hershey Bears
- 4,887 Bears Hit the Ice for T-Birds' 4th Annual Teddy Bear Toss - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Sens Score a Touchdown on Cleveland - Belleville Senators
- Monsters Stumble in 7-1 Loss to Senators - Cleveland Monsters
- Loewen Boosts Wolves Past Moose - Chicago Wolves
- Devils Defeated By Wolf Pack, 5-2 - Binghamton Devils
- Admirals Hold Down Hogs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Comets Tie Late, Pick up Point in Providence - Utica Comets
- Kaskisuo, Marlies Hold off Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Marlies Host Rampage in Annual Teddy Bear Toss - Toronto Marlies
- Ty Ronning Reassigned to Maine - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Jan Drozg Joins Penguins from Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- David Sklenicka Contract Terminated - Laval Rocket
- Heat, Condors Face off on Military Appreciation Night - Stockton Heat
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, December 7, 2019 vs. Charlotte Checkers - Rochester Americans
- Daccord Reassigned to Beast - Belleville Senators
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Monsters, December 7 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Phantoms, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Game 23 Preview: Tucson at Iowa - Tucson Roadrunners
- Barracuda Explode for Nine, End Reign 9-2 - San Jose Barracuda
- San Jose Pours Goals on Reign - Ontario Reign
- Moose Shrug off Early Deficit in 3-1 Win - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Providence Bruins Stories
- Providence Bruins Announce Details for 2020-21 Season
- P-Bruins Set Franchise Record with 12th Consecutive Win
- P-Bruins Tie Franchise Record, Beat Hershey Bears, 3-2, in Shootout
- P-Bruins Win 10th Straight Game, Top Springfield Thunderbirds, 4-2
- P-Bruins Extend Win Streak to Nine Games, Top Springfield Thunderbirds, 2-1, in Overtime