Admirals Hold Down Hogs
Rockford, IL - Goalie Troy Grosenick stopped 33 shots to lead the Milwaukee Admirals to a 5-2 win over the Rockford IceHogs Saturday at BMO Harris Bank Center.
Grosenick improved to 9-2-2 on the season. Milwaukee has won two straight after the team's franchise-record 13-game winning streak was snapped at Texas on Tuesday.
The Admirals have scored five or more goals in 10 of the team's 26 games this season. Since Nov. 1, the Ads have scored five or more goals in nine of 17 contests.
Milwaukee took a 1-0 lead at 4:08 of the first period. After a scramble in front of the Rockford goal, Lukas Craggs was able to push the puck into the net for his first professional goal and point. Laurent Dauphin and Jeremy Davies picked up assists.
The IceHogs tied the game when a blocked shot at the IceHogs blue line sprung Brandon Hagel on a breakaway. Hagel scored his seventh goal of the season at 5:59 of the first period.
Milwaukee went to the locker room with a 2-1 advantage when Steven Santini scored his first goal as an Admiral. Santini received a pass from the right corner and shot the puck underneath the crossbar at 19:00 of the first frame. Tanner Jeannot and Josh Wilkins recorded assists.
The Admirals carried momentum into the second period, outshooting Rockford 17-9 and scoring the only two goals in the frame. Tommy Novak scored his fourth goal of the season as he shook free from a defender at the IceHogs blue line, moved too the left circle, and snapped a wrist shot into the net at 3:04. Rem Pitlick and Cole Schneider were awarded with assists.
Mathieu Olivier made it 4-1 at 16:26 of the second period. Olivier received a pass from Jeannot and wrapped around the goal. The puck ricocheted off an IceHogs defender and into the cage for Olivier's fourth goal of the season. Jeannot earned an assist on the tally.
Anthony Richard scored his sixth goal of the season to give the Admirals a 5-1 lead at 3:18 of the third period. He completed a 2-on-1 entry with Dauphin.
Rockford closed the scoring when Phillip Kurashev scored at 16:07 of the third.
Milwaukee will visit Rockford again Tues., Dec. 10. The Admirals return home to host Chicago at UWM Panther Arena Fri., Dec. 13.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 7, 2019
- Iowa Defeated by Tuscon 4-1 - Iowa Wild
- Moose Downed by Chicago 4-2 - Manitoba Moose
- 'Canes Reassign Bishop and Gibbons to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Condors Drop December Opener in Stockton - Bakersfield Condors
- Lorito extends point streak to four games; Schilkey scores for second straight game in setback - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Carrick, Assign Stolarz to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Hershey Holds off Phantoms in Goaltenders Duel - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Texas Completes Weekend Sweep of Wilkes-Barre with 5-3 Victory - Texas Stars
- Fogarty Leads Pack Offense in 5-2 Victory - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Second-Period Flurry Not Enough in Penguins' Loss to Stars - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Crunch Tame Sound Tigers, 5-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks Split Weekend Set with Checkers - Rochester Americans
- P-Bruins Grab Sixth Straight Win, Beat Utica Comets in Shootout, 3-2 - Providence Bruins
- Post Game Notes: Stars 5 at Penguins 3 - Texas Stars
- Vanecek Stands Tall, Pitches Shutout against Phantoms - Hershey Bears
- 4,887 Bears Hit the Ice for T-Birds' 4th Annual Teddy Bear Toss - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Sens Score a Touchdown on Cleveland - Belleville Senators
- Monsters Stumble in 7-1 Loss to Senators - Cleveland Monsters
- Loewen Boosts Wolves Past Moose - Chicago Wolves
- Devils Defeated By Wolf Pack, 5-2 - Binghamton Devils
- Admirals Hold Down Hogs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Comets Tie Late, Pick up Point in Providence - Utica Comets
- Kaskisuo, Marlies Hold off Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Marlies Host Rampage in Annual Teddy Bear Toss - Toronto Marlies
- Ty Ronning Reassigned to Maine - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Jan Drozg Joins Penguins from Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- David Sklenicka Contract Terminated - Laval Rocket
- Heat, Condors Face off on Military Appreciation Night - Stockton Heat
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, December 7, 2019 vs. Charlotte Checkers - Rochester Americans
- Daccord Reassigned to Beast - Belleville Senators
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Monsters, December 7 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Phantoms, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Game 23 Preview: Tucson at Iowa - Tucson Roadrunners
- Barracuda Explode for Nine, End Reign 9-2 - San Jose Barracuda
- San Jose Pours Goals on Reign - Ontario Reign
- Moose Shrug off Early Deficit in 3-1 Win - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.