Moose Downed by Chicago 4-2
The Manitoba Moose (13-13-0-0) were defeated 4-2 by the Chicago Wolves (11-14-2-0) on Saturday night at Bell MTS Place.
Midway through the first period, Kristian Reichel sent a beautiful wrist shot to the net that got past Wolves goaltender Oscar Dansk to give the Moose the 1-0 advantage. With just over one minute remaining in the first, Jermaine Loewen scored for the Wolves and collected his first AHL goal to tie the game 1-1. To close out the first frame, Dylan Coghlan gave Chicago the 2-1 lead.
With five minutes gone in the second period, Seth Griffith saw the best opportunity for the Moose on the breakaway however Dansk made a pad save to keep the game 2-1. At 6:50 into the second, Reid Duke scored for the Wolves improving their lead to 3-1.
The Moose maintained control of the puck in third frame and did not allow a shot on goal for the first 15:02 of the period. With 4:07 left in the game, Lucas Elvenes notched a tally for the Wolves to make the score 4-1. With less than three minutes to go, Cameron Schilling sent a shot from the blueline which JC Lipon spotted and tipped into the Wolves net to get the Moose within two. Despite Manitoba's late offensive push, Chicago held on to the 4-2 victory.
Griffen Outhouse made 32 saves in his home ice debut for the Moose
Kristian Reichel notched his first goal of the season after missing the past 21 due to injury
Kristian Vesalainen is currently on a two-game point streak (1G, 1A) What's Next?
The Moose hit the road again to take on the Texas Stars on Wednesday, Dec. 11. Puck drop is scheduled for 7 p.m. The game will be broadcast on TSN 1290 and moosehockey.com/listenlive.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 7, 2019
- Iowa Defeated by Tuscon 4-1 - Iowa Wild
- Moose Downed by Chicago 4-2 - Manitoba Moose
- 'Canes Reassign Bishop and Gibbons to Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Condors Drop December Opener in Stockton - Bakersfield Condors
- Lorito extends point streak to four games; Schilkey scores for second straight game in setback - Bridgeport Islanders
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Carrick, Assign Stolarz to Gulls - San Diego Gulls
- Hershey Holds off Phantoms in Goaltenders Duel - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Texas Completes Weekend Sweep of Wilkes-Barre with 5-3 Victory - Texas Stars
- Fogarty Leads Pack Offense in 5-2 Victory - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Second-Period Flurry Not Enough in Penguins' Loss to Stars - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Crunch Tame Sound Tigers, 5-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks Split Weekend Set with Checkers - Rochester Americans
- P-Bruins Grab Sixth Straight Win, Beat Utica Comets in Shootout, 3-2 - Providence Bruins
- Post Game Notes: Stars 5 at Penguins 3 - Texas Stars
- Vanecek Stands Tall, Pitches Shutout against Phantoms - Hershey Bears
- 4,887 Bears Hit the Ice for T-Birds' 4th Annual Teddy Bear Toss - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Sens Score a Touchdown on Cleveland - Belleville Senators
- Monsters Stumble in 7-1 Loss to Senators - Cleveland Monsters
- Loewen Boosts Wolves Past Moose - Chicago Wolves
- Devils Defeated By Wolf Pack, 5-2 - Binghamton Devils
- Admirals Hold Down Hogs - Milwaukee Admirals
- Comets Tie Late, Pick up Point in Providence - Utica Comets
- Kaskisuo, Marlies Hold off Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Marlies Host Rampage in Annual Teddy Bear Toss - Toronto Marlies
- Ty Ronning Reassigned to Maine - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Jan Drozg Joins Penguins from Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- David Sklenicka Contract Terminated - Laval Rocket
- Heat, Condors Face off on Military Appreciation Night - Stockton Heat
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Saturday, December 7, 2019 vs. Charlotte Checkers - Rochester Americans
- Daccord Reassigned to Beast - Belleville Senators
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Monsters, December 7 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Phantoms, 7 PM - Hershey Bears
- Game 23 Preview: Tucson at Iowa - Tucson Roadrunners
- Barracuda Explode for Nine, End Reign 9-2 - San Jose Barracuda
- San Jose Pours Goals on Reign - Ontario Reign
- Moose Shrug off Early Deficit in 3-1 Win - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.