Las Vegas Ballpark to Host 4A State High School Baseball Championships
LAS VEGAS - The Silver State's top large-classification high school baseball teams will converge next week on the new Las Vegas Ballpark® for the 2019 Nevada Interscholastic Activities Association / One Nevada Credit Union 4A State High School Championship tournament, presented by the Station Casinos. The top two teams from the Desert Region, Northern Region and Mountain Region will get the unique opportunity to play in the Las Vegas Aviators® professional state-of-the art ballpark thanks in part to outstanding support from the Triple-A club's executive leadership.
"The NIAA's Board of Control, office staff and participating schools cannot thank Mr. (Don) Logan (Aviators President/COO) and his talented staff - both in the front office and in game operations department - for providing our student-athletes, coaches, officials and fans with a couple of days they will certainly always remember," said Donnie Nelson, co-Assistant Director for the NIAA. "We are sincerely appreciative to be able to play in a first-class facility with all the bells and whistles of a major league stadium. The NIAA / One Nevada Credit Union's 4A state baseball tournament should prove to be a highly competitive and rewarding experience for all involved."
The NIAA 4A state baseball schedule at the Las Vegas Ballpark includes four games on Thursday, May 16 starting at 10:00 a.m., and two or three games on Friday, May 17 beginning at 1:00 p.m. The tournament proper opens with first pitches Wednesday afternoon at both Bishop Gorman and Centennial high schools. Regardless of the outcomes in Wednesday's games, all six qualifying teams will get the chance to showcase their talents in the magnificent ballpark for at least one game. The tournament, which plays out in a double-elimination format, culminates with a state championship game Friday at 4:00 p.m. and a possible state final 'if game' at 7:00 p.m.
NIAA tournament ticket prices at the Las Vegas Ballpark on May 16-17 are $12 for adults, $7 for students, $4 for seniors ages 62 and older, and free for children ages 8 and younger. Gates will open one hour prior to the scheduled first pitch at all venues and seating will be open. Advance purchasing will not be available. Tickets for the tournament games played at Las Vegas Ballpark will go on sale on Wednesday at noon at the main Box Office off of Pavilion Center Drive. The full schedule can be found on NIAA.com within the baseball sport page's tournament information and bracket's link.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 14, 2019
- Cantu Announces Arrival with Pair of Homers to Power Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- River Cats fall to Chihuahuas to close out lengthy homestand - Sacramento River Cats
- Puello Leads Bees to Sweep in Reno - Salt Lake Bees
- Aviators Blow Big Early Lead, Fall 9-7 to Rainiers - Las Vegas Aviators
- Dodgers Derail Express 15-6 in Series Finale - Round Rock Express
- Bishop Homers Twice, Rainiers Complete Big Comeback in Vegas Finale - Tacoma Rainiers
- Tacos serve up a series win over Isotopes - Fresno Grizzlies
- Ildemaro Vargas Becomes Aces New Hit King - Reno Aces
- Isotopes Drop Series Final, 10-3, in Fresno - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Chasers Complete Sweep with 8-1 Win over Cubs - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Bees Win Slugfest in Reno - Salt Lake Bees
- Storm Chasers Trounce I-Cubs - Iowa Cubs
- Eleven-Run Inning Rockets Dodgers to Win in Round Rock - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redbirds Mash Way to 9-3 Win over Nashville - Memphis Redbirds
- Missions Split with the 'Cakes - San Antonio Missions
- 'Cakes Drop Series Finale to Missions - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Sounds Drop Series Finale in Memphis - Nashville Sounds
- Las Vegas Ballpark to Host 4A State High School Baseball Championships - Las Vegas Aviators
- Reno Aces Game Notes vs. Salt Lake - Reno Aces
- Missions Begin Five-Game Homestand Thursday - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at New Orleans Baby Cakes - San Antonio Missions
- Sounds and Echo Outdoor Power Equipment to Refurbish Local Playing Field with RBI Nashville - Nashville Sounds
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (13-24) vs. Memphis Redbirds (20-18) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (20-18) vs Nashville Sounds (13-24) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 14, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Aces on Wrong Side of Offensive Explosion - Reno Aces
- Dunshee Fans 9 in Triple-A Debut, Aviators Rally Past Tacoma 4-2 - Las Vegas Aviators
- Lopes Homers for Third Consecutive Game in Rainiers Defeat against Aviators - Tacoma Rainiers
- Fresno completes comeback, defeating Albuquerque 8-7 Monday night - Fresno Grizzlies
- Quantrill's Return Sparks Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Yastrzemski homers again but River Cats fall 5-3 - Sacramento River Cats
- Isotopes Fail to Hold Lead in 8-7 Loss - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Dodgers Slowed By Express Again - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Las Vegas Aviators Stories
- Las Vegas Aviators Announce National Anthem Tryouts for 2020 Season
- 2020 Big League Weekend Features: A's/Indians & Cubs/Reds at Las Vegas Ballpark
- Fran Riordan Returns as Aviators Manager in 2020
- Several Aviators Finish Strong in Big Leagues
- Las Vegas Ballpark Welcomes Mexican Baseball Fiesta