Dodgers Derail Express 15-6 in Series Finale
ROUND ROCK, Texas - After collecting six straight wins over the Oklahoma City Dodgers (12-25), the Round Rock Express (24-13) suffered their first loss by a 15-6 count on Tuesday afternoon at Dell Diamond. The Dodgers used an 11-run seventh inning to fuel their first win since May 9.
E-Train RHP Rogelio Armenteros (1-3, 5.92) suffered the loss after surrendering five runs on four hits in a 2.0 inning relief appearance. On the winning side, Dodgers RHP Louis Head (1-0, 5.63) held the Express without a hit in 1.0 inning of relief.
Round Rock opened scoring in the third inning when CF Drew Ferguson and 2B Nick Tanielu teamed up for back-to-back doubles, the second of which scored the game's first run. The next inning, 1B Yordan Alvarez, RF Taylor Jones and LF Kyle Tucker fired off consecutive singles to load the bases, setting up Ferguson's first career grand slam.
The Dodgers got on the board in the fifth after leadoff hitter 1B Connor Joe was struck by a pitch prior to a Matt Beaty RBI double. Later in the inning, LF Kyle Garlick and DH Will Smith notched a pair of doubles to pull the Dodgers within 5-3. Joe eventually brought the visitors within one on a sacrifice fly in the fifth. Tucker fired back in the home half with a solo homer, his 11th of the year.
Oklahoma City secured their first win over the Express this season with an 11-run seventh. The high-scoring inning saw 15 men come to the plate as the Dodgers notched nine hits, including four doubles and a triple to stun the Express, and settle a 15-6 final score.
The Express meet the Nashville Sounds (Texas Rangers affiliate) for the first of a five-game series on Thursday night, after a Pacific Coast League-wide off-day on Wednesday. Sounds RHP Philips Valdez (0-4, 4.82) is set to start against an Express pitcher to be announced. First pitch at Dell Diamond is set for 7:05 p.m.
For more information on the Express, visit RRExpress.com or call (512) 255-2255. Keep up with the Express on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and join the conversation during our historic 20th season using #20STROng.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 14, 2019
- Cantu Announces Arrival with Pair of Homers to Power Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- River Cats fall to Chihuahuas to close out lengthy homestand - Sacramento River Cats
- Puello Leads Bees to Sweep in Reno - Salt Lake Bees
- Aviators Blow Big Early Lead, Fall 9-7 to Rainiers - Las Vegas Aviators
- Dodgers Derail Express 15-6 in Series Finale - Round Rock Express
- Bishop Homers Twice, Rainiers Complete Big Comeback in Vegas Finale - Tacoma Rainiers
- Tacos serve up a series win over Isotopes - Fresno Grizzlies
- Ildemaro Vargas Becomes Aces New Hit King - Reno Aces
- Isotopes Drop Series Final, 10-3, in Fresno - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Chasers Complete Sweep with 8-1 Win over Cubs - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Bees Win Slugfest in Reno - Salt Lake Bees
- Storm Chasers Trounce I-Cubs - Iowa Cubs
- Eleven-Run Inning Rockets Dodgers to Win in Round Rock - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Redbirds Mash Way to 9-3 Win over Nashville - Memphis Redbirds
- Missions Split with the 'Cakes - San Antonio Missions
- 'Cakes Drop Series Finale to Missions - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Sounds Drop Series Finale in Memphis - Nashville Sounds
- Las Vegas Ballpark to Host 4A State High School Baseball Championships - Las Vegas Aviators
- Reno Aces Game Notes vs. Salt Lake - Reno Aces
- Missions Begin Five-Game Homestand Thursday - San Antonio Missions
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at New Orleans Baby Cakes - San Antonio Missions
- Sounds and Echo Outdoor Power Equipment to Refurbish Local Playing Field with RBI Nashville - Nashville Sounds
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (13-24) vs. Memphis Redbirds (20-18) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (20-18) vs Nashville Sounds (13-24) - Memphis Redbirds
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 14, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Aces on Wrong Side of Offensive Explosion - Reno Aces
- Dunshee Fans 9 in Triple-A Debut, Aviators Rally Past Tacoma 4-2 - Las Vegas Aviators
- Lopes Homers for Third Consecutive Game in Rainiers Defeat against Aviators - Tacoma Rainiers
- Fresno completes comeback, defeating Albuquerque 8-7 Monday night - Fresno Grizzlies
- Quantrill's Return Sparks Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Yastrzemski homers again but River Cats fall 5-3 - Sacramento River Cats
- Isotopes Fail to Hold Lead in 8-7 Loss - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Dodgers Slowed By Express Again - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Round Rock Express Stories
- Round Rock Express to Host "Kicks and Tricks" Kickball Tournament
- Rodeo Austin to Host New Event with Round Rock Express
- Special Guests Added for Encore Drive-In Night at Dell Diamond
- Koe Wetzel to Perform Live at Dell Diamond on October 16
- Inaugural Tailgates and Tunes Concert Series Relaunched